Re: Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Morning everyone...:D

Carole - sending loads of love to you both... xxx

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all..

Carole I'm glad you had this extra time with Dax. Every decision you made was the right one. And now you can be there for your friend as she sleeps.....gentle vibes and peaceful hugs to you both.....thinking of you both .....

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just a quick post to Jane - I'm another one who's a huge fan of Euphrasia. Can't add anything to Sal's earlier post, except that its use was recommended to me by a pharmacist if that is of any reassurance to you.

Debs x

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh what a bad time I picked to take a few days away from the internet.

Carole, I'm so terribly sorry, what a very sad weekend you must have just spent. Nevertheless, your beloved Dax must be so grateful to know that you are there for her and I'm sure her trust isn't misplaced.

Each & every SR loved one will be waiting for her today, to walk with her and keep her loved and safe, till that time when we're all re-united.

Lots & lots of love to you today especially.
Debs
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole - Thinking of you and Dax to-day.

With so much love and hugs XXXX

scottishlass

Hi Sandra, Have a good holiday. I know you are stopping at Amsterdam but cannot swee where you are actually heading for. Have I missed it? Wondered where your destination was.
Carole hope you have the courage to get through tomorrow. We will be there right beside you. hugs coming your way.
Jane your eyes look so sore. Hope things get better soon.
Everyone else, take care, sleep tight, don't let the fleas bite. XX

brightlight28

Sending you both peaceful thoughts for tomorrow Carole. xxxxxxx

Jane I'm so sorry to see your eyes looking so sore. Sadly I have suggestions about what you could use to alleviate the condition. Glad some fellow SRs could help. xxx

Short post tonight, as having to finish something for work. But will write tomorrow.

Nice to see you here Dot - wishing you good evening.

Thinking of you all.

Victoria xxxx

dotchas

Hope no one minds me popping in to to say I am thinking of Carole tomorrow,
Dot
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

OOhh Jane that looks itchy and uncomfortable...hope you manage to get a remedy soon for it...you had it at the manchester meet, so its gone on for some time now....fingers crossed you find something.

I'd have liked the lightning flash in silver...still like it though.

Carole ...big healing hugs for tomorrow love....thinking of you..a circle of sr vibes surrounding you and Dax....

Way hay sandra...soon for the oftie...hope it all runs smoothly! You sound to be well organised
Sal you sound on your way to recovery too...great stuff!!

sleep as well as you can tonight girls...peaceful dreams...

Helenxxx

Gennie

Am also tempted by the lightning flash!

Sandra - we went to Amsterdam for a weekend for my 40th. Despite it's bad press it's actually a really lovely, compact and clean city. There is a red light district but it's very localised and easily avoided. We didn't see illegal (legal?!) substances anywhere.

The Anne Frank museum is worth a visit but expect a fair old queue (about half an hour) to get in. The Van Gogh museum also fab - we spent a lovely afternoon in there. Go on a canal boat too if you can - they are hop-on; hop-off, ticket booths at regular places around the city. Really worth a go.

I loved Amsterdam, we have said that when the children are a little older we will take them because it's a great city and most of it is easily walkable.

Carole - thinking of you constantly. We suspect our old Monty dog (13 1/2) is on the rapid downward slope now - he's very miserable and clingy today for no particular reason, a trip to the vets is indicated - so he may well be starting his own journey to Rainbow Bridge very soon, bless him. :((

Guest user
Not applicable

Ouchy eyes Jane, have you tried aloe vera,either from H & B or straight from a plant? Or how about trying a chinese herbalist if conventional stuff isn't working I would give that a whirl,hope you get some relief from it soon.

Loving the lighting flash Di,might just purchase one, have had a mad day of spending at the shops so that will just finish it off nicely. Just been getting some new stuff for the hols,ooh get that blooming ash blown away by next Tuesday please. Have just realised that we have got a 5 hour wait in Amsterdam on the way back so are planning to do a quick scoot round Anne Frank's house and the Van Gogh museum with the girlies,they have both read the diaries and Mr Gogh featured heavily in their art at school so will be educational as well as interesting. Have just ordered the set of The Dark Is Rising so looking forward to sharing a good read with them too.

Thinking of you Carole and sending lots of love,big hugs to all Storm Riders.

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Oooooh Jane, that looks so sore, you poor thing. I can only think of antihistamines too - do hope you manage to get it sorted out with some expert help.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Carole.

Are you going on okay now Sal after your op?

Hope your Dad comes home tomorrow Nicky.

I came across this while browsing the net today, it's the SR sign! Hope I can post this: (10 items or so down the page)

http://www.pirate-treasures.com/userimages/procart12.htm

Take care all, Di xxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Jane, I had something similar a few years ago. I looked like I'd been beaten up half the time. It would come and go to a certain extent, in that it seemed to improve over a week or so,but before i got completely better, it would suddenly get worse again. I had it constantly for months and the dermatologist told me it was eczema. Nothing worked, in that the usual stuff helped, but as soon as I stopped it, it came back. Eventually, I tried euphrasia tincture, which cleared it up in a week - miraculous. I got it from an independent health food shop (H&B didn't stock it). It's worth a try. You have a couple of drops in water. The common name for the plant is eye bright. I also found Body Shop hemp intensive serum helped (discontinued). I've still got some and I'll send it to you if you like, as I haven't had to use it for ages.

Gennie

Gosh that does look sore Jane. I haven't got anything to suggest really other than antihistamines or maybe just lay off the creams etc. My eyes are very senstitive to a lot of medicines (very allergic to chloranphenamol, which is what they usually give for eye problems) - so maybe you have reacted to a medicine and it's taking a while to settle.

Hope you get it sorted soon. xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Afternoon Ladies,

I have posted this picture in desperation. This is how I looked getting out of bed this AM. I have tried all conventional creams, been back to quacks a million times and all the creams seem to irritate my eyes even more. Does anyone have any suggestions?????
I have self dx via tinternet. Eczema. Still awaiting appointment at skin hosp but obviously not the tamoxifen because been off them over a week now.

Victoria, your planned holiday sounds great.

Eliza, forgot to say yesterday. Thank You ever so much for the SR photo's.

Carole, thinking of you and Dax today. (((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole - we are Pack.
((( hugs )))
Rxxx

brightlight28

Great writing Sal and Jane - extra special thoughts for you today Carole and Dax xxxxxx

We went off to a local Surrey town called Dorking yesterday which is at the foot of Box Hill. I bought two books about holidays to give me ideas. One was one short breaks in England, and the other was on USA rail journeys. All being well we are thinking of taking the one from Chicago to San Francis (California Zephyr train) some time this Autumn or early Spring next year. Can't make any fixed plans yet as so much going on at work. But it is good to have something to plan and look forward to.

Hoping everyone has the best Sunday possible.

Victoria xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh my dear Carole what can I say - hugs to you.

Jane and Sal - thank you for your wonderful words.

My tears won't let me write any more.

Love to you all

Clare XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone...:D

Carole - sending you and Dax loads more love... xxx

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole (((((hugs))))) to both you and Dax. I will be vibeing you both on Monday. Gennie, SAl and Jane have said everything that can be said. Dax will be at peace at Rainbow Bridge. xxx
Well Dad is still in hospital! His blood clotting value should be around 3 as he has a mechanical heart valve, and they will let him out of hospital when it is 2. Yesterday it was 1.1, today 1.2. At this rate he'll be home next weekend We know now that it won't be before Monday. He says that the hospital food is good - what does that say for my cooking?!
Eliza, Progesterone was one of the questions I forgot to ask!
Nicky xx

Eliza

Thanks, Sal and Jane.

Carole, you and Dax have been in our (me and my Mother, as it is my weekend with her) all day.

Sending love and hugs to all,

Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sal what a brilliant piece of writing, I am blinking a lot having read that, so moving.

Carol I can't say anything that the others haven't said, our dogs are part of our family. Run free at Rainbow Bridge Dax.

Big group hug in order, so sending one out now over the cyber waves, Di xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sal ..a lovely piece of writing and so true...I'm sure Carole and Dax will feel the comfort thats been sent by all...A thoughtful, sweet poem too Jane...

We're here for you Carole.... always!!!Take care missus....

Helenxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm still here girls. Just struggling with my eyes. It is eczema and driving me insane.

Carole, I am so sorry about Dax and can only guess at your heart ache. They truly are, our best friends.

Sal, such a moving tribute.

Positive vibes to all those with appointments still, thinking about you always and especially you, Carole. You have done everything.

If Dax could speak.............

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,
and pain should keep me from my sleep,
then you must do what must be done,
for we know this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand,
but don't let grief then stay your hand,
for this day, more than the rest,
your love and friendship must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
what is to come can hold no fears.
Would you want me to suffer? So
when the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend,
only stay with me until the end,
and hold me firm and speak to me,
until my eyes no longer see.

IT IS KINDNESS that you do to me,
although my tail its last has waved,
from pain and suffering I have been saved.

Do not grieve, it should be you,
who must decide this thing to do.
We've been so close, we two these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Hugs to you and Dax (((((((((((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))))))))

Guest user
Not applicable

Hugs Carole,knowing it is the time and the right thing to do just doesn't make it any easier.Thinking of you.

Oooh Sal,such an evocative piece of writing,am blikning madly and trying not to let those tears fall.

Sandra x

Gennie

Me too. Thinking of you Carole mate. Wish you weren't so far away. x

Guest user
Not applicable

In tears - nothing else to say or can say....

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole, what can I say mate? Wish I was closer. Another chapter below.

The storm dogs were restless; they paced they Old One’s yard and seemed to be patrolling the boundary. Every now and then they looked towards the mountains and sniffed the air. Something was in the wind and the Storm Riders could feel it too. This felt like a special day, but not in a way that any of the riders or their dogs wanted.

Steel was leaning on the fence, alone and lost in her thoughts. She too, was looking towards the mountains and the storm clouds were gathering fast. Whatever it was that was coming, it was coming to her and the Riders knew there was nothing they could do to stop it. Some things just have to be; no one can alter the way of things, no matter how much they try.

Sheriff Dan had visited Steel a number of times in recent weeks and he had that look on his face that all the Riders remembered. Steel had taken it all in her stride with the strength and resolve that everyone knew she had. The lightening was going to strike her again soon, that much they knew. And that was the easy bit. Dan couldn’t tell her yet what else was in store, but the Shaman and any number of his deputies might be involved. Steel wouldn’t be heading out to Haven any time soon. The Riders had all gathered, forming a protective circle of kinship and love around her, trying to shield her and give her strength as best they could. Characteristically, Steel had pulled her hat down over her eyes, fastened her coat and faced it head on.

But now this. Steel’s storm dog was leaving; they all sensed it. Dax limped slowly over to where she was standing and nudged her leg. Steel crouched down and hugged her, burying her face in her neck. The only thing the Riders could do was sit and watch. This was a journey she had to take alone. Old One brought the wagon round and Riviera helped Steel lift Dax on to the back. The Riders formed a circle around the wagon and joined hands. They lifted their heads towards the storm and began to hum. They were soon joined by the other storm dogs and cats, who started to howl and yawl in harmony with the Riders. The wind had gained strength now and it also howled through the trees and clattered around the yard; the sound of it adding to the orchestration of pain, love and loss that was being played out around the wagon.

Steel slowly climbed up onto the wagon and took the reins. The circle of Riders parted as the wagon slowly started to move. The Riders were sending out love with every breath; willing Steel the strength to bear the pain that they knew was in store for her. When she returned, she would return alone, but no one could remove the memories of the good times they had had together and the love that was between her and her storm dog would be forever in her heart.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello all,

My eyes are moist writing this Carole, I feel for you. I remember well the pain of losing all our dogs but after Jamie in 2002, I swore I would not put myself through that again and didnt until we got Rosie three years ago. Her owner died suddenly and had several dogs which needed rehoming so we made a decision quickly to take her. They are as much a part of your life as loved friends and relatives. All I can hope for you is that the end is peaceful and he is out of pain. Also, may your last weekend together be special.

Anyway, changing the sad subject, had my first appointment about a recon. Doctor was quite positive about it but I need to have a CT scan to make sure that radiotherapy hasnt damaged the nerve endings/capilleries in front of the breast bone and also the (large) tummy has good blood flow. So wont be happening anytime soon. Because of this, went to Nicola Jane and bought another boob which is lighter than my NHS one and sits much better. Did not see much change out of £200 when I added in a swimsuit. Retail therapy in the extreme again.

Went in Morrisons to get my lottery ticket and noticed one of the leadlines on take a break. Men who stay and love. Yes, its about men who stay with us one boobed babes and how wonderful they are. I dont know if having bc has made me super sensitive but i find that
so offensive to imply in some way that my husband is wonderful for staying with me now I only have one breast. He stays with me because very little has changed, we still love each other and I have lost a bit of weight....LOL

Anyway rant over, sure that topic will show up on other threads as well.

Take care everyone.

Linda

scottishlass

Hi everyone, I am just away to have lunch with some of the Scottish ladies from the forums. Not at all organised....so what to wear? Sun is shining here. Hope it is where you all are. LOve Val

Guest user
Not applicable

Huggings of love for you and Dax Carole.....you couldnt have done anything more for her...you are a special partnership and what Gennie writes paints a lovely perfect picture...here's a pat for Dax and a hug for you.....will be thinking of you both on Monday....peaceful gentle vibes across the airway for you both.....

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole - so sorry to hear about Dax it is one of the hardest things we have to do... Will be thinking of you on Monday and sending loads of love...

Theresa x

scottishlass

Sorry to hear your sad news Carole. Will be thinking about you on Monday. Hope everyone has a pleasant weekend whatever you have planned. All is well where I am and I have been out a walk along the headland today and the sun was out and the sea and sky looked so pretty. The house is filled with the smell of spice as I have been making my rich fruit cakes. They will be put away for a rainy day so if any of you want to pop in there will always be tea/coffee and cake for you all. Hugs to those having a difficult time. Love Val X

brightlight28

I'm so very sorry about Dax Carole - what a time for this to happen, just when you need one another. You have given her every chance, could not have done more and the chemo bought her some extra time to spend with you. I'm sure she will always be around you in spirit, especially when you need her. Wishing you both a peaceful weekend.

Victoria xxxxx

Eliza

Carole, there is so little I can say except to send hugs and love. Yes, I'm sure you will see her again. In the meantime, I hope you have a peaceful weekend with her and that it goes smoothly on Monday.

You take as much of the vibewaves as you and Dax need. We are here for you.

Love,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Gen. It means a lot. Can't say more. I'll call you when I get my tears together.

Gennie

Oh *$%£ Carole honey, I REALLY don't know what to say. I know how tough this is going to be and I feel for you so much. I utterly believe you will see her again - I'm going to do something schmaltzy now, and post something a friend sent to me when my Millie dog died. It helped me. If you find it irritating or too much then move right along....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Guest user
Not applicable

Ok, going to hog the vibewaves again. Dax, my most beautiful dog, is going to die on Monday. I feel like a total heel keeping bringing downers to the thread, but at the same time it is positive. She has come to her time, and I and my lovely vet are going to help her on to the next life, where I will meet her and all those I love that have gone before when my time comes. This is a sad weekend. But it is life, it happens, we remember them, we breathe the memory of them in every moment, and they live on. I love my Dax, I don't want her to go, but I will see her again.

I'll get back to you all later next week. I need to grieve for my friend. Hugs to you all.

Guest user
Not applicable

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHing with you Carole ! Hope you get all your appointments and dates sorted out asap and everyone talks to everyone else and it all goes as smooothly as it can.

Glad you got sorted out there Sheila you sound happier already and great news re mammo and likewise Helen with yoyr lumpy bit,who would have thought we would be glad to have dead fatty tissue in us...but hey it's a good result !

Lizzie, you just take it easy ! Stop all that galavanting about the country and hope you can have an enjoyable restful weekend.

Well done you on taking on the race for life Di, will check out your fb page for sponsorship.I think I will wait til it's Pink October and bedeck my stall and sell garish cakes etc and do my bit for BCC that way,tis nice to give something back.

Looking good in your pic Theresa,your hair has fair grown. Cheers for your kind comments Victoria,seem to be more off than on the diet at the mo but will get back on it again and carry on the good work !

Look after yourself Gennie,I'm still swearing by the echinacea.

Toot toot Jane,hope the eyes are clearing up.

A BBQ Rosie,are you mad ! We have all been moaning at market today how it is sooooo cold and how they are all still in their thermal longjohns....def too much info when you look at some of them ! Right enough I was next to the olive men on Wed and they didn't have longjohns on as every time they bent over I got a full view of a large hairy bottom ! Ewwwww,it fair put me off my lunch ! Their olives were very nice tho ! They were just there as casuals as chocolate man normally on that pitch,looking forward to sampling some of that next week and hopefully won't have to look at his bahooky !

Can't beleive that is a week since we met up,where has that gone? Hope you all have a lovely weekend,big hugs to all.

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,

Rosie, is that a new piccie, you look great! Good that your chat made you feel better, you see, it is good to talk!
Helen, you sound positive aboput your biopsy, everything crossed for you too that all's well. I don't know about Race but I will attempt the slow walk for life! I promised I would this time last year, I have put on my page that I'm doing it in honour of The Stormriders...and so I am!
I have quite a bad limp so have been out today and bought some Clarks specials - comfy sandals I hope will help me walk a bi better on the day - in my fashion conscious days we used to call them Jesus sandals - now it's just comfort!
Gen hope you get some R & R this weekend, and just keep an eye on your neck. I have a goitre which is quite big but harmless but I just keep an eye on it (not literally as that would be impossible!) - it swells up when I'm run down.
Glad you had a good time out with your friend Theresa,
Ciaow Old One - where are you going? I thought you were back from Turkey or have I got that wrong?
Have a great weekend all,
Love Di xxx

horace

I'm off now-Ciao xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Gennie - hope that you manage to get some rest this weekend... (probably a folorn hope with the children...) and as your mother would say - "stop poking at it or it will never get better!" {{{hugs}}}

Rosie and Sheila - part-time / phased return sounds like a good idea...x And Sheila - great news on the clear mammo..:D

Theresa x

smelltheroses

Hello all, I am back in circulation after a truly traumatic return to work..... anyway boss is going to get it in the neck from occ health for not referring me at the right time. Better late than never and nearly 4 weeks in I have now got a phased return to work. So, guess what, on my afternoon off today I have been to the hairdressers! Feel like a real person again and have a short, spikey hair style! Not really me but then strangers in the street won't know that! Also got a clear mammo result!

I am away now for the weekend but will have a read through the posts when I ge back on Sunday.

Love to all and happy weekend.

Sheila xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Good to hear things are moving swiftly for you Carole; Lizzie, please be careful, you'll end up 'running on empty' and that ain't good for the immune system; glad that the other appts and stuff seem to be progressing for us all - how are our ooph-ladies getting on, can't recall seeing a post for a bit (but that could just be me missing it...)

Saw my Director of Studies this morning and he is going to investigate the options re switching to studying part-time, bless him. Feeling better psychologically already, just from having got my worries off my chest.

Got friends coming over tomorrow evening for a BBQ (if its fine enough) so need to spend rest of today restoring order to the chaos that is my house... empathising with Gennie's comment about 'eau de rats nest' at present!

Rxxx

Gennie

Hi all

Carole - lots of Arghhhh's on your behalf, but glad that things are getting underway. Total bummer that they are talking chemo again, but hang on in there until you know the full picture. Glad J is being supportive too. 🙂

Linda, Helen glad that things seem to be ok for you. Sit back, breathe and move forwards!

Feeling extremely tired this week, don't know why. The glands in my neck seem a bit tender so maybe coming down with something. Or maybe they are tender because I keep poking them to make sure they aren't lumpy. Doh!

I'm sure there's lots of news I have missed, memory like a sieve....

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone...:D

Helen - glad they were not too worried about the biopsy - sending fatty lump vibes.... 😉 😄

Lizzie - that was one hell of a quick round trip... hope you get all the help you need at the stables this weekend so you don't tire yourself out too much...

Had a lovely meet up with my friend and caught up on years of news... she is a member on here now so i will try and get her to pop on and say hello...

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...
Just got back from hospital. Had ultra sound, then a doc did a biopsy on the small lump in recon breast. He was quite happy with what he saw..was pretty sure no cancer cells, so it is probs what I thought it was...dead tissue...will get results in 2wks. So a big positive tick there!

Rest up when you can Lizzie...it sounds like you are burning yourself out lass. A holiday is what you need...go for it!!

Love your pic Theresa...shame about your friend though...but at least you will be able to talk and support her through things....
Di..so proud you are gonna do the 'walk' next month...will go on to fb and sponsor you missus!!

Carole the doc who did my biopsy..well a nice man but not in the 'hunk' category...so my ps is still top of my list hehehe

take care all others with results, appts and stuff...gonna settle down to a film my lad bought...all about aliens....mmmmmmmmm can relate to them....

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello!
Really glad everyone had a great time last weekend - I was there in spirit! The mention of Sandra's top breakfasts had me straight back to Ashbourne!

I have read all the news - great results, Val and Linda. Carole- Hang on in there, loads of Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrghhhhs on your behalf.

Have been bit ropey last week or so - more tired than months - not helped by all the driving. Had to go down to Heathrow Tuesday morning, then back on Wednesday evening, quick round trip, and it just seems to be taking it's toll. I'm sure I'll feel better when summer finally arrives!

Thanks for the photo CD, Eliza - really thoughtful of you.

Love to all
Lizzie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just changed my profile piccie - thought i would put up a new mug shot for a while before i change it back to Molly...:D

Di - it will be lovely to see Sarah - we always could chat together for Britain...lol Just so sad that she also now has this rotten disease...:(

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all,

Hope you have a good visit with your friend today Theresa, you will be able to help her so much having been there.
Carol it sounds like everything is getting underway for you - a setback but it sounds like YOU are in control this time not IT.
I've read everyone's news but without making full notes I can't remember what I was going to say!
However I am thinking of you all and sending a big Stormridery hug out there for you 🙂 Love Di xx