378775posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Eliza

Re: Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Great news, Carole. Hopefully the first of a series of good news for you. The prospect of two SRs in the one hospital is probably more than they could cope with!!! The rest of us will be vibeing away for you both.

Hope the show is going well, Carole - and that you remembered the 3pm removal!

So sorry to hear about your friend, Lizzie. Yes, things like that really do confirm for us that Life is for Living.

What a pain about the pension reduction, Ros. Hope you'll still feel able to do it.

How are your eyes, Jane?

Hope you do get to the conference, Rosie. At least they seem to have decided that they don't need to be quite so cautious now.

Enjoy the retirement planning, Helen.

I got my holiday confirmed and will be off to Malta in mid June (ash permitting, of course). This morning I phoned the hospital to say that I couldn't do the intended date for the re-scan (thinking I might get an earlier date) and it is now on July 26th! At least that suggests that they aren't really worried about it so I find that helpful. I'm also pleased that they didn't give me a date just before I go away because that would re-create what happened at dx when I got back to the mammogram result and almost immediate dx.

I was at the Reception and Preview for the new Museum of London galleries last night and am most impressed with it all. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and we were left to roam through the new area with plenty of staff standing around to answer questions and caterers to top up glasses. A good display of suffrage movement stuff and generally a fairly high proportion of dress and costume.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all...
Fantastic news Carole...Its suprising what we celebrate nowadays isn't it....and whats this! You are naked!!! What kind of show are you in...are there any 'hotties' in there too...send me some tickets if there is! Is the show for real tonight! If so..'break a leg' ...well not really! Go for it girl!!

Have been out since 8 this morning looking after my grandson Mike. He had a terrible headache yesterday that carried on through the night. He was hot, clammy, sick, couldnt stand the light. So I hunted for a rash, did the chin to chest thing and he was ok that way. But told emma to ring the docs. She went to work and the doc came at dinner. Mike has spots in his mouth..so he had something but doc didn't say anything specific...I left him on the 'up ' so hope that continues...

Wow Ros...can't believe the change in your pension! I don't actually know what mine will be...not brilliant...but it makes you think doesn#t it...they can give with one hand and take with the other...

Thanks for your thoughts on retirement everyone...The ball is rolling now for me...but I'll be glad when the paperworks over with, then I'll feel like having those retirement adventures Carole....aw shucks might just start them sooner. In fact going to Whitby for 3 days next week...its a start!!!Then will plan a long holiday...at last!!!

Hey Jane how is the cream working...good I hope!
Sandra are you all packed for next week!
((hugs ))) to your dad Nicky!
Aw Lizzie ...so sad about your friend....{{hugs}}give 'your' Frank a huge pat from me.....
Glad your meet when well Theresa!

have a nice evening all...I missed not going out to the sun today...had a darkened room most of it, with Mike...but hey theres always a tomorrow......

Helenxxx

notyetinthebox

Excellent news, Carole, good to hear the experts say what we all thought.

Are you still going to have a bi-mx later? Lot of pain and stuff if not necessary, missus.

We'll be bedfellows next week, you in on the Wednesday and me being 'done' on the Friday. Shame we're not in the same hospital, we could have some 'fun' - well, as much as is poss after surgery!

What a load of rotters, Ros, or words to that effect. I got my own back on a BIG company once, when they tried to stitch me up with something, but I daren't tell all here. Suffice to say, it concerned lots of missing formulae .... before the days of being able to save stuff on anything other than paper! 🙂

Jane, my sis-in-law swears by Simple Eye Balm when she gets dodgy eyelids.

Helen, what a relief. Although I've been a childminder for years now, there is no way I could do teaching - not so much the kiddies, but the parents!

Oh, have to go - 'baby' calling for her nan. xxLove to allxx, Jacq.

Guest user
Not applicable

Brilliant news Carole...:D

Had a great time in Newcastle...:D

Ros - sorry to hear about your pension...:(

Theresa x

Gennie

That's fab news Carole. It was never likely to have been secs, but good to know for sure. :))))) Big smiles

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Phew Carole, that's a relief - I'll say all the best for next week's op now, as I'll be in sunny Italy at a conference then (ash clouds permitting, of course).

Well done Helen on reaching a decision and 'Yah, Boo, Sucks!' to Ros's employers for being so unhelpful.

Hope you can keep your energy up Lizzie, you lead such a busy life - I don't know when you find time to eat or sleep!

Hugs to everyone else that I've missed, can't remember who's doing what...

Right, that's my tea break over, back to the studying.
Rxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Ros. Nope, the B Cup is still on the horizon. Got to do the lumpectomy now because they can't get a mastectomy date quick enough, and if I have to do chemo they want to start that asap obviously. So my B cup will be getting formed possibly at the end of the year after chemo.

Bummer on this reduced pension thing they're doing. I've never seen much fairness in the way women are treated with regard to pensions.

Guest user
Not applicable

Wow - you must be really chuffed Carole ( assuming one can feel like that facing an op still ). Guess that's bye-bye to choosing your B cup !
Sock it to 'em, gal ( let's all go for it )
Have just heard that if I retire early , I have my pension reduced - not just by the years in the future that I won't be making contributions, but for every year up to 2006 . Jane , when you said about being got by the short and curlies, you weren't far wrong, but this lot have 2 hands round your throat as well.
Best vibes to everyone else being "done" - Ros xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Yeehaa! It's not secondaries! What's that Scoobs? Time for a Scooby Snack? Right on!

Phew! So it's standard WLE and sentinels next week, check the pathology and decide on chemo or not.

Lizzie, sorry to hear about your friend. Pancreatic is not a good one.

Jane hope your eyes are getting better daily.

Helen - Yorkie Rides Again. Good decision girl. Now you can get to planning some brilliant retirement adventures. 🙂

Thank you for vibes and cards SRs. They obviously worked. Got to run. Brother and wife coming to the show tonight and staying over. Dangnabbit - gotta clean up! Must remember to take bra off at 3 so as not to have bra marks for my naked scene. 😉

Guest user
Not applicable

Just wrote a huge post and lost the lot!!!

Humongous vibes for good results today, Carole. Your "onwards and upwards" attitude will get you through this rubbish. Thinking of you.

Theresa, hope you have a fabulous day with the North East thread. When is you go away? I have missed it.

Lizzie, sorry to hear about your friend. It really does make you stop and think.

Ros, that's awful about your insurance. They really do have us by the short and curly's. Have you shopped around to see if there is anything better on the market?

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment, Di. What with your shoulder and S.E from Arimidex. Hope your appointment comes through soon. ((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Helen, I bet that's a weight off, now that the wheels are turning. Sounds like you have made the right decision and hopefully all the paper work will be handled swiftly, so that you can move forward to a more relaxed future.

Nicky, hope your Dad's home now and resting.

Thinking of you all..............enjoy the sunshine 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone...:D

Di - sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your hands and feet...:( {{{hugs}}}

Carole - hoping they get back to you today with the scan results, how is Woody coping with Dax gone...? {{{hugs}}}

Helen - here's to a brand new future...xxx

Ros - yikes to that insurance excess rise... when i phoned back mine about the high blood pressure they only increased it from 100 to 250... Hope that you are able to get the redundancy and on good terms...

Lizzie - so sorry to hear about your friend xxx Over on the crafting site I go on someone had to go to a funeral this week... a friend's 22 year old son was depressed about something quite minor and killed himself... Thinking about it you might well go to her practice... (she is a gp that lives in Harrogate)

I am meeting up with some of the girls from the North East thread today...:D (including Monica...:D) We are going to lunch in Newcastle so that will be good...:D

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Bet you that's a relief Helen that you have made your decision,whoo go Yorkie !

Hugs Di, you have got a lot on your plate there at the mo, hopefully things will get easier and you will get your shoulder appointment through asap. Think it is great theat you are doing the race for life.

Ros they have got some cheek after the service you have given them but think I'b be inclined to get out asap and live it up.

Glad to hear things are moving on for you Carole,hope the time flies past and like the sound of a polytunnel !

That is a bit of a shocker Lizzie, life is precious and def for the living, I will raise a glass to that,in fact think I hear some wine calling me !

You will be glad to hear that the olive men had belts on today so I wasn't treated to an eyeful every time they bent over,ooh it's some crack on the market,sometimes a bit too literally !

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening!
Carole - good to "see" you, onwards and upwards, gal - you can do it! When's the opening night? Bin thinkin' 'bout you, loads, Steel, and Sal's writing just gets better and better........

Helen, I'm sure you are doing the right thing, if I could step back from work to any degree, I so would. I'm just in that situation, with Jack only in his first year - I have to just get my head down and stick with it. And, as I always knew it would be, once I was back at work, as far as the company is concerned - that's it - back to situation normal. Which has it's merits - I've "moved on" - (had to!!) - and I have had such an easy ride through last year compared to many - but.....Big but, still get tired, more than before. And there is also a very definate change in emphasis; what seemed important before doesn't always figure so highly now.

And to put it smack bang into perspective, someone I knew reasonably well, did the same job as me, same age as me; died a couple of weeks ago. Diagnosed about 6 months ago with pancreatic cancer - liver secondaries already there on dx. No treatment possible - no chemo, no surgery. 2 grown up children (same ages as my 2)
I know we all focus on BC, understandably, but there are other bl**dy b*st**d diseases out there.

So, my lovely SR mates - raise a glass to "Life is for Living"
Take time to smell the roses, walk the dogs, pat the horses, and enjoy family and friends.

Take care, all - big (((((hugs))))))all round,
Lizzie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that so many of us have so many problems - it never ends does it ?
However we try to look at it logically, losing a beloved pet is unbelievably difficult - at least she went peacefully, unlike my poor old Tess, when they couldn't find a vein.
Glad to hear that the ooph girls are recovering well - you make it sound like a walk in the park !
My line manager has at last broached the subject of early retirement for me, and the reply was that I will have my pension payout reduced for the privilege - I can find out the actual amounts by contacting the company which administers our works pension, but it will cost me £100 to do it ! I get screwed whatever I do.
I have nagged the lympho clinic enough to give me an appointment 2 weeks before the trip, and I eventually got round to telling insurepink about the change in my condition - no extra premium, but the excess rises from £100 to £850 ! Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong ?
Had a nice day off while my car was in for a service yesterday, and managed to get some of my extremely leggy plants out into the border as well as planting spuds in buckets - it feels so much more satisfying to do things for yourself instead of doing what you are told by someone who wouldn't recognise you if they tripped over you. This disease sure does change your perspectives.
I've probably landed myself in trouble with the thought police for saying that, ( in case they monitor our key depressions or something ) but what the hell ?
In that rebellious mood , I will now sign off and wish everyone with treatments, appointments , therapy and other problems all the best - love Ros xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...Hey there Carole...sounds like a busy time ahead for you missus! So your op is next Wednesday...well get that over with and then you'll find out what treatment you will have to have...hope its more copable than last time....enjoy your walk with woody!! ((hugs))

Di do you have to have an op on your shoulder, if so hope its just a tweaking and nothing more....I laughed at the reference to a wild life sanctuary...aka your back garden hehehe

Sal I can't believe I was asking for advice on planting things this time last year!! Still haven't ...might get something easy to grow to start with...your own potatoes...achievement eh!

Nicky great to hear your dad is or will be on his way home very soon. And you also have an ooph apt...July isnt too far away now...hope all the other ooph ladies are sound in wind and limb!!

Jane ...glad that the creams seem to be working now. Hope it disappears for good now...the rash that is. Thanks for your experience about the biopsy...I feel reassured now and a bit stupid...the bcn rang but I was out...she's going to ring again on Friday.

My occy appt yesterday...went well. It was a bit emotional at times, because I had to retell how I felt while working. But I made the decision to retire from teaching, its too demanding a job for me now, but not to retire from work altogether...so Sandra If I'm around your way any time I'll offer my services hehehe....
Letters have been sent to my GP, oncologist, and neuro surgeon, for reports and the occy doc will take care of things from here in. Have felt in limbo too Di...but the wheels are turning now...so I can embrace a new and different future.

have a good day everyone...

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning All

Thanks for another instalment Sal. Means a lot.

Well life goes on. CT Scan and pre-op done now. Hoping to get the scan results tomorrow. Radioactive injection next Tuesday to help with sentinel id, then WLE on wed pm. It feels very strange to be back at this point again. But what the heck. Onwards and upwards.

I need to go back and catch up with everyone. I know there are a few appointments lurking around.

How are the ooph gals recovering?

Potatoes! Wow, good going Sal. Think I might try that next year. I've got two plants showing so far and that's it. Need to plant the brassicas this weekend, but so far the onions, garlic, carrots, and spinach are all showing. Don't know what the parsnips are up to - wee blighters! Really need to get a polytunnel sometime and get the toms and peppers and such like going.

Off to walk Woody. See you later, and thanks again to everyone for your words and thoughts. It makes such a difference knowing there are so many wonderful women out there thinking about me. This vibe thing definitely works! 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all,

Sounds like some faboulous holidays being planned, I hope you have fab ones Sandra and Theresa and anyone else planning escapes. Ours this year will be 'Ourgate' again as OH is still not working but hey ho, I'm glad to be here this summer and love to potter in the wildlife sanctuary that used to be our garden!

I was amazed how quickly you were back at work too Victoria, if you have a chance for a sabatical I would consider it and have some proper recovery time - mind and body and all that.

I do hope your scan comes arounf quickly Eliza, we all know how frustrating the waiting game is so really feel for you.

Glad to hear the eyes are improving Jane and hope they continue to do so.

I am still in limbo land with SE from chemo not all going, hands and feet still bad, Arimidex doesn't like me but Onc says stay on it if possible, plus shoulder awaiting surgery appt. I was planning a recon after that but don't know if I can go through that as well. I can't see life ever getting back to waht it was so I'm trying to find the new 'normal'.

Went out for a lovely albeit slow walk with a friend last night in training for the Race for Life ... hehehe! I may break the record for taking the longest time! Anyhoo we had a wonderful walk along the river watching ducklings struggling to keep up with Mum and Swans strutting their stuff, and little Moorhens keeping out of their way - it was one of those warm summer evenings that you just had to be out in!

I've waffled on quite long enough so just to say am thinking of you all, special thoughts for Carol and anyone else still having tests etc, big hug to all of you,

Love Di xxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Gorgeous day again...:D

Nicky - hope your Dad escapes from hospital soon...

Victoria - hope things settle down at work soon...

Carole - hope all went well yesterday...x

Theresa x

brightlight28

Good evening SRs,

I hope you can bring your scan date forward perhaps so you don't need to worry about it on holiday Eliza,

At the moment our garden is a bit of a wilderness, but hoping to cultivate it again this summer - the thought of home grown potatoes may just spur me on to address the weeds faster!

Congrats on getting the ooph scan date through Nicky, that will soon be another hurdle over.

Work was a bit better today, and spent the afternoon at another organisation in a meeting about using technology in the classroom. The main issues are about new ways of working and increased workload due to policy development. I don't there will be cuts Theresa, a) would be too costly, and b) there's likely to be a trend to do more things in-house.

Hoping everyone is okay with appointments etc.

Victoria xx

Eliza

I downloaded the application form for the London one, Sal. I filled it in this evening so will send it off. Bet the potatoes tasted good - there is something special about having your own fresh from the garden.

I think I will end up waiting longer than the end of June for the re-scan, because I hope to be away that week! Thanks for all the good wishes.

I do hope your Dad gets home tomorrow, Nicky. He must be getting a bit fed up now.

Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening.
Eliza that does seem like a long time to have to wait.
Well - Dad is still in hospital! His INR is up to 2 which is what they wanted it to be before he came home - but they now want to check that it stays at least that tomorrow. Hopefully this time tomorrow he will be home!
Over the last few weeks we've noticed that one of our dogs hasn't wanted to go for walks, or if he does he wnats to come home very quickly. I took him for his usual hydro appt on Saturday and they discovered that his back, hip and shoulder are really in spasm. This Friday I have a physio appt for him instead of his hydro. It'll be strange having to go for a physio appt!
My gynae appt has come through about my ooph. It isn't until mid July so still quite a wait.
I too still get sore feet following chemo, and although better than 6 months ago at times my legs still swell and I can have difficulty getting some of my shoes on. Oh how naive I was when I thought at diagnosis that it would all be a thing of the past by now.
Nicky xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Eliza, I'm glad they are going to repeat the scan, as I know it has been niggling away at you. I certainly hope it will put your mind at rest, but it does seem a long time to wait. I have applied for the Lebed training course, but haven't heard anything from them yet. The one in Cumbria is over £400 so I think I'll go with the London one. It will also give me a bit more recovery time.

Helen, I hope your appointment with occy health went well and I'm sure you'll make the right decision when the time comes. What was right for us before bc is not necessarily right for us now and I'm sure most of us have re-evaluated our lives over the last year or so.

Victoria, I would say that if you can afford to give yourself a break from work, you should do so. Sometimes we just need to be kind to ourselves and give ourselves time for nurturing. Glad you're feeling better about things Sheila. I don't think people have any idea of how bc makes you feel, especially if you've had the whole shebang treatment-wise.

Hope you are bearing up Carole and that appointments etc aren't too tiresome.

Clare, I hope your back ache goes soon. We've all said it - this experience makes you paranoid. I'm sure the paranoia will diminish with time - it's still early days yet.

Glad your eyes are feeling a little better Jane.

I hope the ash stays away so anyone going away, gets away. R and his girlfriend coming back from a short break today and Gatwick was closed yesterday. He'd be really miffed if he was affected again - he missed a stag weekend in Barcelona when it first kicked off.

We ate our first home-grown potatoes today! You may remember I planted some in old compost bags in the greenhouse and I tipped one out today. There were only 10 potatoes, but it was nice to be eating them this early. I'll empty the other one later in the week:)

Yesterday I finally got round to shortening a pair of trousers that I had bought a few weeks ago. When I'd finished I went to iron them and found there was a hole in the back. I wish I'd noticed that before I spent an hour altering them! Took them back today and they didn't have my size - typical.

Eliza

Hope the eyes continue to improve, Jane.

The scan is the one for the ovarian cancer study that I had just after Easter, but I think the thread was fairly quiet when I posted then and several times after. I've been worrying about it on and off since then. I've got an appointment for the end of June, which seems like a horrible long time to wait in some ways.

Hope you can get a good long holiday, Victoria. I think that Sandra is right and bouncing back isn't so easy now.

How did your appointment go, Helen?

Hope you had a smooth day, Carole.

Eliza xx

smelltheroses

Evening Everyone,

Well work is featuring highly in my life at the moment and can quite empathise with Victoria and Helen and Linda's comments.

Victoria, I think you have been back to work far too soon after your surgery, you should ask for an appointment with occupational health. You should have appropriate time to recover from such serious surgery, to say nothing of the emotional aspects. I finally got an appointment and the doctor was wonderful and very scathing of how I had been treated.

Helen, if this is what you want I hope it works out for you. I have found school absolutely draining on every level ..... being acting head by lunchtime on my first day back didn't help though...). Phone me if you want a chat.

Thanks for kind thoughts Clare.

Hope you are bearing up Carole, hope Jane's eyes better and Sandra very jealous of your trip to NY. I went a few years ago and it was my most favourite holiday ever!

Going to sit in garden with a glass of chilled white wine and enjoy the last of this lovely sunny day.

Love to all.

XXXXXXXX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,

I too have missed your 'scan' news along the way, hope it gets sorted Eliza. clare/Gen, the reason i had the bone scan was that i complained of left leg and knee aching a lot and minor backache. As you know, nothing untoward was spotted. As you know, i had put it down to tamoxofen/muscle aches but worth mentioning to your bcn/onc. They might do a scan like they did for me to put your mind at rest.

Helen/Victoria, work doesnt mean as much now does it? It just doesnt seem worth all the bother anymore. I actually had a great day today and cherish them but your whole perspective changes after bc.

Gotta go, off to WW and then running. Will let you know how i do.

All the best.
Linda

Gennie

Eliza - I seem to have missed your scan problem too, but I hope you get the next one done quickly and all is well. Also thanks so much for sending the cd of photos from Ashbourne. Happy memories!!

Victoria - if you can afford to take a sabbatical then I would just go for it. Life's for living! Wish I could do the same, but can't see it being permitted. At least I've got school holidays this year, so it's never too long before a bit more time off. I'm finding it a real struggle - very very tired most of the time.

Jane - glad your eyes are improving, I wince just thinking about how sore that looked.

Sal - beautiful writing as ever, fair brought a tear to my eye!

Clare - my legs still ache from chemo sometimes and my left hip and knee in particular really give me jip sometimes. I can't help sometimes wondering if it's sinister, but it very much comes & goes so I'm not paying it too much attention other than to take brufen when it's really sore as suggested by my Onc. I thought I'd be well beyond chemo SE's by now, but it seems some of them just keep hanging on.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Eliza - sorry I seem to have missed your problem with the scan. I do hope it is all sorted soon and with a good result.

Jane - your eyes looked so sore! Hope the cream helps soon.

Victoria - could you have a sabbatical and try something different? I'm amazed how soon you went back to work after the recent surgery.

Sandra - I can't remember when you travel, have a fantastic time!

Glad the new prosthesis has worked out well Linda. It sounds like we had a similar shopping experience.

Sheila - good to hear from you and that you will get the help you need.

I'm being very silly at the moment, worrying about some back ache I've developed. I'm also getting frustrated that the muscle aches in my legs (from the taxotere) haven't gone away. Sorry shouldn't winge about such minor stuff.

Lots of love and hugs to you all.

Clare XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Sending you oodles of positive vibes for your re scan Eliza , hope you get a date soon.

Oooh am getting in the holiday spirit as have got my US dollars today at the PO at a stupidly low rate of exchange but hey ho. Val (SL) we are offski to stay with an old school friend of mine who now lives in Washington and in the middle of the hols we have booked a few days in New York too,like most of us we had to cancel hols last year due to treatment so looking forward to this one even more than usual. We are flying via Amsterdam and have a bit of time there on the way back so going to be a bit of a mega hol all in all.

Hope the eyes get a lot better soon Jane.

Whoo hoo on the road to retirement Helen, there are plenty of stress free jobs out there that someone of your talents could do if so desired.I'd have you working on my market stall like a shot !

Hope you get yourself sorted with a hol too Victoria,sounds like you need one. I really do think that we all underestimate how much a cancer diagnosis takes out of us both pysically and mentally,and it is an ongoing thing too with side effects etc.I don't think it is a case of bouncing back to where we were even after a year after treatment.

Lovely and sunny here too,have got a load of stuff to do, need to get car parking booked up for the Radio One Big Weekend extravaganza that eldest daughter is taking me too. Lets hope it's not raining ,am really to old to be doing these outdoor concerts in my wellies !

Love and sunshine to all.

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Back from the shops...:

Jane - hope the new cream soon sorts it out for you... {{{hugs}}}

Helen - hope the meeting goes well and here's to a happy retirement...:D x

Eliza - hope they soon get you back in for the new scan xxx

Gorgeous day here - not used to that big yellow thing in the sky... lol

Not long now until we go away as well...:D Although i keep worrying about the ash cloud...lol More concerned for David really as the poor thing has not been on holiday for 2 years because of my cancer...

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all,

Carole, you were in my thoughts yesterday. Hope you are finding comfort, in knowing you did the best for Dax. (((((((((( ))))))))))

Eliza, hope the wait for your re-scan isn't too long.

Helen, when I had my first biopsy, they went in from the opposite side. Like you I found this to be a bit strange. Positive vibes for good results.

Theresa, I have been off work but went back yesterday. The latest cream from GP seems to be having some effect although I forgot to use it last night and there was some swelling again this a.m
Thanks everyone for your advice. I have ordered the tincture that Sal mentioned. My symptoms sound almost the same, so fingers crossed. I did try antihistamines but no joy.

Victoria, a break from work sounds like a plan to me. Hope you can work something out and get the rest you need. How is your father keeping? Hope he is still on the mend.

Sandra, I am so excited about your holiday to the states. Have you got room in your suitcase for a big one? lol

Thinking of all those with appointments and sending possitive vibes through the air waves.

Jane xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...
Hope your sleep was as restful as it could possibly be Carole. And as Theresa says..good luck with your scan if it is today and all your other stuff...{{hugs}}

Hi Theresa..hope you and yours have a lovely day today...its sunny here...well at the moment!

Feel for you Victoria...its a hard decision to make, when you are used to a certain way of life...but you come first...

I have an appointment with occupational health care people this morning...so think this might start on the road to retirement from teaching for me...haven't been sure who to approach...so hope this meeting clarifys things...

Eliza ...do you have the rescan soon...hope it goes well for you...
Sal ..glad you seem to have made a good recovery...

I was a bit confused over the weekend about my biopsy, because when I took the dressing off...it had been done about 2inches away from where the actual lump was...so couldn't understand why the lump hadn't been touched. So I rang up on Monday...basically the radiographer explained that they come in at an angle, so thats why it looked like nothing had been done. Anyway she was nice and told me my bcn would ring me up next week with results.....

Sandra I thought it was this week you went on holdiay...gingerbread teddies and ladies...like! How about cowgirls on horses...whoops that would make them SRs tee hee!!

To everyone having scans, appointments and consultations...hope things run smoothly. ..

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Brilliant writing Sal...x

Victoria - sorry to hear that things are getting bad already at work... is that people concerned for their jobs or just the upset of seeing previous hard work unpicked...? {{{hugs}}}

Carole - hope that you managed to sleep...x I think today is the ct scan...? (unsure)

Looks very sunny here at the moment... yesterday we suddenly had a real downpour that even included hail at one point! lol

Jane - your poor eyes... {{{hugs}}} Hope you get an appointment for them soon...xxx Are they letting you work with them like that?

Theresa x

brightlight28

Good evening SRs,

I've not had much of a chance to read all the posts but hope to soon.

Poor Dax, but she's in a peaceful place now.

Sorry about the scan Eliza, I hope you can have another one soon and that it is all clear.

Thinking about others with test results due, such scary times.

Things are difficult at work and feeling tired. Part of me wonders what it would be like to take a break for a while.. just never have and it would be a step into the unknown - but can see the attractions.

Wishing everyone well.

Victoria xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Yes Sal, another lovely piece of writing.

Thinking of you Carole and hoping you are coping okay, everyones said it but it was Dax's time and you did right by her.

I did email you Eliza but thank you so much for the photo CD, what a lovely keepsake of you all,

Di xxx

Eliza

Beautiful writing, Sal.

Hope you've managed to get through the rehearsal, Carole. Take good care of yourself.

I'm sure that the gingerbread ladies and teddies will be a great addition, Sandra.

I have at long last had a letter about the iffy scan and they want to repeat it...

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thinking of you Carole, bet you are exhausted after today so hope you can rest up and have a good nights sleep.

I forgot to mention that I have been to Amsterdam before too Gennie(also for my 40th...don't know what that says about us!) However, it was with my mates and tho we did do Anne Frank's house and the Van Gogh museum it is a bit of a drunken blur.We went in the Spring and visited Keukenhoff gardens,which were absolutely fantastic, you could smell the hyacinths as soon as you stepped out of the car,the tulip displays were amazing. Yup would def recommend it for a visit as I was very impressed with the city, but will prob give the naughty areas and very naughty shops a miss this time round !

Have just been making my gingerbread men and have diversified into gingerbread ladies and teddies too as have cutters for them,will see how they go down on Wednesday.
Big hugs to all.

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

What emotive, lovely writing ...You've said it all Sal....we are here Carole.......{{{[gentle hugs}}}}

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello

Quick note to say thinking of you Carole, and hope you find the strength to get through the next few days.

Jane, cant see if anyone else has said it, and you might already have tried cucumber slices on the eyes to reduce swelling.

Best to all others.

Linda

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole I've been thinking of you and Dax all day. I can't imagine how you're feeling but please remember that all the decisions you have taken were for the best for Dax, including the last most painful one.
Nicky xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Been thinking of you all day Carole. xx

It was well after dark when Steel slowly steered the wagon into the yard. She sat there for a few moments, just staring into space, not knowing where she had been or what she had been doing for the last couple of hours. A couple of the Riders were in the barn and they silently walked over, unhitched the horse and led him into the stable. When they had rubbed him down, fed him and settled him in for the night they walked back into the yard and saw that Steel had climbed down from the wagon and was heading into the kitchen with the Old One.

The kitchen was deserted and Old One sat Steel down on the rocking chair and poured her a drink. Riviera came in and placed a blanket over Steel’s knees. Casey brought in a bag of Steel’s favourite sweets that she had picked up on her trip into Normality earlier in the day and placed it on top of the blanket.

During the evening all the Riders came into the kitchen one by one; to fix a drink, to find one of Scotia’s gingerbread men, to wash a cup. Each Rider that came in touched Steel in some way; a squeeze of a shoulder, a pat on the arm, a stroke of the head. No one talked, because they didn’t need to, and because no one had the words, but each of them made contact in their own way. The storm cats came in silently and rubbed against her legs and the each of the storm dogs paid a visit, licking her hand or putting a head on her knee. At least one animal was in the kitchen constantly, sitting by the side of the chair; standing sentinel; or just being there.

When Steel eventually found her way up to her bed, she found two storm cats curled up on it and a storm dog lying on the floor by the side of it. Bilbo had left a card by the side of the bed, which simply read “We are pack”. When she finally slept, all the eyes and ears of the inhabitants of the Old One’s house were on high alert, tuned to Steel, looking out for her and willing her all the peace and strength she needed. They could now see clearly what they had known all along; that underneath that bluff exterior Steel had a heart as soft as any of them, and that that heart was now broken.

But each of them also knew that Steel was strong enough to make it and had no doubt that one day very soon she'd be drawing up a chores rota, yelling "Dagnabbit" and bossing them around as usual. And they'd also be laughing once again at the memory of how they got Steel in a dress!!

notyetinthebox

Ahhh, Carole, so sad for you. You did everything and she knew that. Be kind to yourself.

Love to all, xxJacqxx.

Gennie

So sorry Carole, I remember the feeling all too well. If you want to talk I'm here for you chuck. x

smelltheroses

Just read your sad news, Carole, love to you, I remember you saying how much you loved your dogs when we spoke.

Sal, your writing was so moving and full of affection.

Will catch up later.

Sheila xxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Your lovely memories of her will help you Carole...not just yet, but later....{{{big hugs++++}}}

Helenxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

sending you hugs Carole, so sorry to hear about Dax, take care

love

Carol xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole, bless you for posting at such an emotional time.

Love & hugs
Debs xx

Guest user
Not applicable

gentle hugs Carole...

Theresa xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

Dax died gently and very peacefully a couple of hours ago. She is buried now and I know she is happy. I will see her again, and until then I will hold her in my heart and all the memories I have of her. I love her so very much, and my heart is broken.

Thanks for all your words and thoughts. Sal, Jane, Gen, you're writing helps enormously.

Sorry, screen gone blurry again. Speak soon.

Cxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning,
Carole, mate - thinking about you and Dax, only just seen the news. Sitting here in tears - fantastic writing, Sal, really put it right - how we are all feeling. ((((((Hugs++++))))))) to all.

Jane - that looks so sore, and it sounds as if the lotions and potions could well be making things worse, certainly not helping. Hope you get some relief as soon as possible.

See you all later - Carole, anytime you need to talk...

Lizzie xx

Gennie

A very quick one, just off out to work. C - thinking of you and Dax today. xx