cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

that was beautiful and totally written from the heart, got shivers running down me, Jacqui was very lucky to have you as a friend xx

Carole, thinking of you today

Carol xx

horace

Thinking of Carole today.
J's funeral is next Tuesday and I have been asked to give the eulogy as well as write/read a poem for her.I have done the writing based on a promise I made to her that if I died first she would sing at my funeral and if she did I would write a poem for her.Here it is.

Jacqui was my friend
Filled with love and grace;
Though at first she was a stranger
In a dark and lonely place.

We walked some way together
On a path we did not choose
We watched and waited anxiously
To hear each other's news.

We sat once on a hilltop
And exchanged a laughing vow;
That one of us would one day do
What I am doing now.

I asked Jacqui to sing for me
She promised that she would-
If I could write a verse for her;
Of course I said I could.

And so today I've shared with you
Who've loved her longer still,
That promise that I made to Jax
On a windswept Shropshire hill.

I hope you like it.It may need a little more tweaking and I hope I can read it without weeping in Church.

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all....vibing vibing vibing to you Carole...you'll be back home and in the saddle before you know it girl!!

Jacq..hope your op runs smoothly...it will..soon be over with too..then you can give that a big tick off your things to 'do'!...

Eliza..sorry to hear about your friend..it may not be in the same area as yours was, but it is the same disease...and she has a great support in you...

Well I enjoyed our 2 days of summer...although it looks warmer weather down south, its back to being cold and wearing thick coats again...sigh...well as long as it doesn't rain, fingers crossed!!!

have a fruitful, enjoyable day all....

Helenxxx

Gennie

Carole - in case you don't get the phone message, loads n loads of positive vibes heading your way tomorrow. You know the drill, it'll be over before you know it. I'll be thinking of you. And what a hero/ine to boot!! Life's never dull with you is it?!

Jacq - vibes heading your way for Friday too. That jittery feeling is no fun is it?

Jane - glad your eyes are improving.

Sal - I hope your dad is ok. x

Helen - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, that's such a tragedy. Her poor family and little ones. 😞

Eliza - sorry to hear about your friend. This wretch of a disease just keeps popping up all over the place doesn't it?

Have I missed anyone? Sorry if I have, I'm thinking of you all.

All rumbling on normally here, meeting myself coming back most days and like many of you my hay fever seems to be worse than usual this year.

Guest user
Not applicable

Loads of hugs for tomorrow Carole - thinking of you lots. What a heroine and a thespian!!!

Lots of poistive vbes for you Jacq.

So sorry to hear about your loss Helen [[hugs]].

Glad your eyes are a bit better Jane. Lizzie thanks for the advice, I'll try and be good.

Love and hugs to all

Clare X

Eliza

Quest has ridden in from Haven to join the circle of support. Sending love and [[[hugs]]], Carole, and I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and there with the other SRs ...

You too, Jacq, and as others have said, I'm sure it is only natural to feel a bit edgy about it all.

How is your Dad, Sal?

The hayfever season is well upon us now. And I've been bitten by something on my "at risk" arm. I think that the antihistamines are helping with the bite as it isn't too bad.

Yes, the band at the wedding was fun, Debs. It was the bride's brother, his 2 daughters and the partner of one of the girls. I've be to their family parties before when they've played and they are very good. The August event is an annual medieval one in Norfolk at a wildfowl reserve. I do a bit of trading and demonstrating and lots of friends go with various groups and as traders. There is also an excellent after public hours social life and the surroundings are beautiful.

I have heard today that a very close friend has just been diagnosed with cancer of the uterus. She has to go for scans next week and then surgery. It was a total shock as she was having a routine gynae procedure when they found it. The first she knew of anything was when they phoned unexpectedly yesterday, about a week after the procedure, to say that the consultant needed to see her today.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Very quick one. Still up to my eyes in dusters. LOL

So sorry to here your sad news, Val and Helen. Hugs to you both.

Sal, hope your Dad is alright? My tincture arrived on Saturday and been drinking it three times a day ever since. Not sure if it's psychological, bit early to tell but my eye's don't seem so itchy. I will let you know how I get on.

Carole, oodles of possitive vibes for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you at 10 a.m. You too Jacq, on Fri.

Thinking of all other S.R's having difficult times. Helen, hope your results come through tomorrow. Clare, be kind to yourself. LIZZIE WILL YOU SLOW DOWN, GIRL. Deb's, thinking of your friend. Nicky, pleased your father is doing well. Ross, good decision.

Got to dash, off to supermarket. Got to stock up on wine for my guests 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole - a true heroine in our midst. I'm joining the circle of hugs for you for tomorrow. xx
Sal I hope that your Dad is doing ok.
Jacq big hugs for you too.I'm not suprised that the nerves are setting in. Fingers crossed for a speedy, uneventful recovery - however uneventful is not a word I assosciate with you!
Debs I spent a chunk of my childhood abroad(service brat!) in Singapore and Cyprus and I have difficulty coping with the heat too.
I love to see the sun but turn bright red and have to seek out the shade.
Had a reality check hit me in the face when I was weighed last night.
Then my sister had been telling me how gentle the exercise was and she hoped I didn't find it too easy - well puce faced and dripping sweat I could assure her it wasn't too easy. She then informed me that the trainer had stepped up the pace last night. There were only 3 of us there so had really good attention from the trainer. It's swimming tonight.
Smells like dinner is cooked so must go and dish up.
Nicky xx

Guest user
Not applicable

All systems go Carole...as you fall asleep, don't picture the little birds going round your head in a circle...yep you've got it...picture the SRs on their horses hehehe we'll be there missus!:-)

Jaqc its ok to have a few misgivings...after what you've been through this year...I would say its normal...it'll be a breeze...vibing you too...

Whoa there Lizzie, your faster than your horse...slow down girl!
Bet you had your top down today...pretty cold...the English weather eh!!

Hope Sandra has a good flight and a great holiday...

I didn't get my results yesterday and I waited in all day today, even though I'd made plans to go out...still my friend came to me and we still had a long chat.....I rang the clinic up at 4.30, thought I'd been patient enough...but ended up with the eye clinic, then had to ring hospital to get the breast clinic, then I ended up with the answer machine....who said they will get in touch within the next 48hrs...just as well I'm confident about the result!!!!

Hope all had a nice day
Helenxxx
Just crossed Sheila....good for you girl, about time someone sorted out how you should be treated!! Ease yourself back into it on your terms.....take care now...

smelltheroses

OK where was I when the door bell rang?

Obviously sending big vibes for Carole for tomorrow and Jacq (for Friday?). I remember going down for my surgery last year and finding it a bit overcrowded in the lift due to all the storm riders plus dogs plus horses! I really felt your presence and I hope you two do as well. Lots of love.

Ros, well done on making a decision, hope it all works out well for you.
Sal, hope you have good news about your dad.

Debs sorry to hear about your sad news and Val also. Sending love.

Victoria, hope your surgery plans go well. Been thinking about you with this new government and the abolition of QCDA.... is that you? We wait with baited breath to see how schools are affected. I am supposed to be leading the staff in revising the curriculum! But Rose or not Rose?????? I will wait! Done enough jumping to command since NC 20 years ago!

Thinga are a little better for me at school. We have an acting head from another school and I am now on half days. The Occ Health Doc wrote a very supportive report that concluded in explaining to the HT and Chair of G what to do to avoid an Inustrial Tribunal! It totally validated my feelings. Now what to do next????

Sorry but that is all my feeble brain can cope with just now!

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Guys. That's me radioactivated via a small injection this afternoon - sentinel tracking. Due in at 10 tomorrow.

See you on Thursday.

Guest user
Not applicable

Blimey, how did I miss Carole's bond girl moment? Pretty exciting - probably more so that you'd like. Pity you had to work on the joyrider keeping conscious and couldn't give him an old fashioned clip round the ear! You're obviously made for the stage and we'll soon be having to call you darling and luvvie! 🐵

Shame your new frock wasn't ready Eliza, but sounds like you had fun with planning. Where will you be in August? Band at the wedding sounds fun - I do prefer live music, its so much more fun.

Helen, you sure you're not a rock chick on the quiet ... all that speed! Fingers crossed those results come through and confirm the expectation.

Sal, hope the update on your Dad was positive.

Lizzie, hayfever is such a nightmare and GPs who don't suffer are generally utterly useless. I can recommend Euphrasia for relieving the eye itching. I've used Nelsons clic packs (available in Boots). You just suck two tiny tablets whenever needed and can keep the pack in a pocket or handbag, so its really convenient. They've helped everyone I know who suffers with itchy hayfeverish eyes and it sounds like you could do with all the help you can get with that workload.

Jaq, sorry to hear that you're feeling a bit windy about the surgery. I guess the BC nurse was just trying to manage your expectations - you obviously appear to be handling it too well! Oh we can never get it right can be? Have hugs hugs for the wind and I promise there will be no burping motions whilst I'm hugging! I'm glad you were able to request the recovery you need - I found it wonderful to be home alone after mine. I managed (almost) the requisite 24-hours with my Mum, but got my sister to take me home when my Mum started sneezing the house down.

After reading FB, I think that you're putting on a brave face there Victoria. Have a big hug for the worries and the lack of sleep.

Theresa, my father worked for a tobacco company - mainly in India, but then West Africa. My grandparents were all born on the Indian sub-continent, with my paternal grandfather being Indian, making me & my siblings naturalised British citizens. I didn't start living here till after I'd finished boarding school.

Joining Val's circle - lots of love and positive vibes being coralled for Carole when needed.

Debs x

Guest user
Not applicable

hello everyone...:D

I hadn't realised i never posted here this morning... i had popped on and read the posts but then got distracted doing something for David...

Jacq {{{hugs}}} i think last minute jitters are expected... i know i wondered if i was doing the right thing having the second mastectomy...

Debs - were your parents overseas in the forces...?

It is much cooler here - today...:D

Hope everyone is having a lovely day... x

Theresa x

horace

Just sending love and luck to Carole.There is a circle of love all round you we are here.
Love Valxxx

notyetinthebox

Morning all!

Love and hugs to Helen, Debs and Val. Such a lot of sad stuff, and those poor babies, Helen, they won't even remember their mum .... terrible.

Good luck for tomorrow, Carole, don't know if you have to go in today? And what a heroine! Lucky you (if you know what I mean!) re: you possibly coming out the same day. I've been told at least one night in, probably two 😞

I'm getting a bit windy about this third surgery, even though the other two were biggies, I mentioned to the BC nurse that it was just the last little bit hopefully, and she said "just? ... little? ..." - oooer! Oh well, it would have been pointless going through all the reconstruction crap that I put up with for 8 months, if I didn't go through with this now. I'm resigned to something going wrong though, Victoria, like yourself - then anything else is a bonus!

Hope Sandra has a great time and a good rest, she deserves it after all that baking!

Lizzie, please slow down, you exhaust me just reading about your life! And here's to a nice slow down for you too, Ros; oh and another - Clare - rest!

My girls offered to come and stay with me next week (and Littlelegs of course) - a hasty "oh thank you, but no I'll be ok" flew out of my mouth. Some rest that would be! Hermit recovery suits me just fine!

Hope your eyes are improving, Jane.

Glad to hear your Dad's doing fine, Nicky - and hope yours is OK, Sal.

And where's Theresa this morning, good I hope? And Rosie, Sheila and Eliza, too. Apologies for those I've missed.

Thanks for all your good wishes, I'll probably be on for a last minute wobble before Friday (7am they want me!). And good luck again, Carole.

Much love and hugs, xxJacqxx.

Guest user
Not applicable

Flipping 'eck, Carole! - never a dull moment! Always said you were a hero, though. Got loads of positive vibes winging there way up north for tomorrow - and south for Jacqi as well.

Helen, that is so sad, lots of love to all your family, and Val and J's loved ones as well.

Sandra - probably too late - but have a great holiday - you so deserve it.

Clare, hope you're feeling a bit brighter - and I know you weren't keen on the pharmacological treatment - but the drugs do work - "been there, done that" as they say. Don't come off them too soon, even when you feel better, easy to have a relapse if you stop too quickly. ((hugs))

Nothing much to report - just work, work, oh, and work. Loads of account plans to be completed, seem to take so much time, don't know when I'll get round to implementing them! My hayfever has kicked in with a vengence, always think I'm going to grow out of it (yeah, right!) - but no, as soon as grass pollen gets going, that's it. Right eyelid was an attractive purple colour yesterday, and so swollen I could hardly see out of it. Drops have helped a bit, still flipping itchy! And the GP's advice is "try and stay indoors as much as you can" - doesn't really work with the job, or the hobby, does it?!

Ok, back to the delights of account plans, then up the good old A1 for a meeting near Scotch Corner,

Take care all
Lizzie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Glad you didn't make a drama out of the crisis Carole! Great that the show went well. If I don't get online tomorrow, will be sending soothing vibes your way for Wednesday. At least this time you know what to expect.

Glad you had a good weekend Eliza and the weather for the wedding must have been perfect.

Roll on retirement Ros - good on you. They'll miss you when you're not there.

Val, so sorry to hear about J, but in the end it's a relief that she's out of pain. Thinking of you.

Helen, that's tragic, but at least some good has come of your niece's passing.

Have a brilliant holiday, Sandra. I'm sure you will and you deserve it after all your hard work baking over the last few months.

Got to go and speak to my bro now. Dad's in hospital and he's giving me an update.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello all,

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts about my friend - it really is appreciated. Helen, I'm almost speechless, how awful to have two dreadful pieces of news like that one after another. I hope that the funeral hasn't been too gruelling for you and the rest of your family. Val, I'm terribly sorry to hear that your lovely friend has gone. The only good thing is hearing that she was able to slip away in the end without the pain that had been causing everyone who loved her so much distress. Lots of hugs to you both.

Italy, Malta, America ... oh I am envious of you all on your travels. Well, actually, although I am a bit envious, I'd really prefer to dream about those places for future visits as I feel very much like being at home - its most unlike me, but quiet time with friends, loved ones, even by myself is what makes me feel happiest at the moment. Safe travelling to all who are about to go, may the ash clouds and BA strike not affect you (unless you want them to!)

Theresa, I was talking to my Mum today and she was horrified that she forgot to record Lost, particularly as she found herself awake at 5am because the cat has managed to open her curtains! I hope it lived up to expectations. I have to say I'm with Theresa and Victoria on the excess heat. Despite being brought up in the tropics, I started to suffer with a loss of temperature control about 10 years ago (I put it down to pre/peri menopause) and tend to find it unenjoyable now as a result. I love the sunshine and I do think I look healthier with a little colour and some freckles on my face, but I guess that's another thing which has to be added to the moderation in all things policy.

Nicky, I'm so pleased to hear that your Dad is beginning to feel the benefit of his pacemaker. Mine did pretty quickly, although he's never been active, so probably felt it less than my ex-FIL who's really benefitted hugely already. Hope you dog is feeling the benefit of the Tramadol soon too.

Clare I hope that the back gets sorted soon - physically it makes you feel rubbish, let alone the worry, but glad to hear the tablets are making it a bit easier.

Victoria, so sorry to hear there may be more surgery, but really impressed by your acceptance of the rough ride.

Lastly, LOADS of positive vibes heading towards Carole and Jaq for their upcoming surgeries.

I'm sure I'll have missed someone ... not with intent, just the old brain. Thinking of you all even when not posting.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone.
Debs xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening all...
Carole you sound like one of the bond girls...all action and kudos! So glad it went well for you...it always feels a bit of a let down at the end of a show run...but sooooo buzzing while its on....overnight...awww thats not too bad...good sleepies!!

Ros..good for you love...hope your decision to retire goes smoothly..
Have a great one Sandra!! Here's a good tip, put some of your clothes in your hubbys case and some of his in yours....so if you loose one of them, at least you have something to wear...we didn't!!

Sheila...hope things go more smoothly for you now...:-)((hugs)))

My niece had a lovely eulogy given by her best friend...so moving. The saddest thing was that she left behind a 1yr and 2yrs old child....and she was also 5mth pregnant. The unborn baby was left with her so that they could share their last journey together....
She also donated 5 organs and within a short time of her passing, one of the organs went to help someone in need....a most positive thing.....

Not got my results yet Eliza...probably tomorrow though.

Only had a few hours sleep, yet I feel like i'm on speed or something, cant stop doing stuff...(not that I know what speed is....ahem!)

have a good nights sleep all
Helenxxx

Eliza

Good evening everyone.

Val, I am so sorry to hear the news of J but pleased that she was out of pain. And hope all went as well as could be expected, Helen. [[[[hugs]]]] to you both.

Wow, Carole! Unexpected kudos well deserved. Hope you don't have to stay overnight but I guess that if you do it will be because you were late on the list and in that case hopefully you'll be doing a lot of sleeping.

Happy Holiday, Sandra. Have a wonderful time. Glad the weekend went well, in spite of the car park.

Sounds like being at the van has done your Dad a lot of good, Nicky. Hopefully the bloods will settle soon.

Have you had the results yet, Helen? Glad Mike's headache went on Saturday morning.

Good to hear that you are feeling lighter, Clare. Good timing for the day with the family.

I had a very social weekend too, Gennie. Saturday's wedding was great fun and the band pitched the dancing exactly right with mainly the less energetic ones and lots of breaks to rest. My new medieval garment wasn't ready for trying on - there is still a couple of weeks of work to be done. But we had a nice time doing some textile stuff and planning the big event we all do in August.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening

Val, so sorry. This is never an easy time, but she is at peace now and out of pain. Big squeezy hugs for you.

And Helen and Debs, you too.

Happy hols Sandra! Drink a few for me while you're there.

Well done Ros. Decision made. Start planning the fun!

Nicky, the Tramadol is good. Hope he gets some relief from it.

Di, yep chucks are fun. Four should do you. Move the run to new patches of grass occasionally. They like grass and will get new bugs out of it too. Yes, you have to sacrifice your grass, but on the upside you get excellent eggs.

Jacq, best of luck with the op.

Clare, glad the tabs are giving some relief.

Well, the show went well. I think that's me in the producer and director's minds now for parts. Yay! Had fun on the way to the last show on Saturday. To cut a long story short, I drove up the road from the house to be faced with an idiot young joyrider who managed to lose control at the top of the hill, ran up the embankment, hit a tree stump, and his car came bouncing and rolling straight for me. Thankfully his last bounce turned him out of my path and he came to a stop about 4 feet off my front corner. Had to get him out of the car, stop him losing consciousness, then hang about waiting for police and ambulance. Managed to get to the theatre with just enough time to costume up before I needed to get on. Everyone now thinks I'm brilliant for being able to go through that and then run onto stage! Excellent. That's what I like. Unexpected kudos. And of course, not dying! 😄

Gen, up for a chinwag, but I'm out on a bat job tonight, so tomorrow works. Op on Wed and I might have to stay in overnight depending on when they take me. Pooh!

brightlight28

Good luck Carole and Jacq for your respective surgeries this week.

Sorry to read about your niece Helen, just awful. Good luck also for your biopsy results.

I hope your lymphodema settles down Theresa - and that the cooler weather forecast will help.

I went to see my surgeon today, first appointment post surgery. It seems my implant has shifted a bit so my shape is not as good as it could be and could become uncomfortable in the longer term - so he is proposing some revision surgery, probably in the Autumn. I find out more when I see him next in early August. I resigned myself to the fact that nothing goes smoothly for me as regards to this disease.

Sorry I can't commit to the residentials but just not sure of the pressures in the next term. I'm looking forward though to the London meet and any others I can get to diary permitting! I may also be travelling up to the North East soon so will let you know when in case I can meet up with any SRs in the north of the country!

Victoria xxx

smelltheroses

Hello all, I have been having a few days break from the laptop so just done a quick catch up.

First Carole, good luck for the op. be thinking of you.

Sandra, have a lovely holiday. Do you want an ash cloud to delay the return?

Helen, so sorry to hear you sad news. Hope all is going well for you on the "work front".

Oh got to go someone at the door.

Guest user
Not applicable

So sorry to hear about your lovely friend, Val, and for all those others who've had bad news this week - we know everyone has to go some time but the way things pan out for those too young just isn't fair.
Glad you're feeling a bit easier too , Clare, and hope that Jane's eyes are getting less painful.
Best of vibes to our pre-op girls, and have a good scone-free holiday, Sandra.
Well - the job has been done - I notified HR of my request for early retirement this morning. I decided over the weekend that reduction or not they could stuff the job. One other alternative would have been to work part-time, but as we have a final salary scheme ( until Hatchet-man chops that too ) I would only have got a part-time pension, so that was a non-starter. Estimated time of departure is the end of July, which should be just about right for the garden fruit harvest.
Spent Saturday planting up containers - I did get 5 dahlias into the border, but was slowly melting into a puddle of gloop, because the soil was so hard.
I went food-shopping with No 1 son on Sunday then we tried to tame some of his wilderness, but had to pack it in before the heat exhaustion got too much - we're never just right are we ?
Anyway, that's a bit long on-line at work, so wishing everyone all the best, cheerio for now Ros xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Helen (((hugs)) and hope that the funeral went ok.
Debs hugs to you too.
Valsorry to hear the news about J.
Di the chucks sound good. Unfortunately it's in the deeds of our house that we can't keep poultry.
Sandra get that packing done! It sounds like good news on the ash cloud front and you should have a safe trip across the pond(as long as you're not going with BA).
Took the dog for physio on Friday. Unfortunately his joints aren't in a good way. His hips and right shoulder are very stiff and he's tender over his wrists. Had to take him to the vets for a prescription review this morning and she has added tramadol to the medication he's already on. He's also booked in for x-rays on Wednesday.
It has been a wonderful weekend at the van. Very relaxing. I even managed to get a spanish water dog fix as there was one visiting the site. Unfortunately one of our neighbours there, who was 80 last week, was poorly and I'm convinced that he has been having mini strokes. They were due to stay there all week but thankfully we have managed to persuade him to go home and see the Dr.
I've received a letter in the post today with a very in depth questionaire about my family history to fill in before my gynae appt.
If they think that there is any likely increase risk it has to be sent to Birmingham where it will take a minimum of 3 months to take the decision of what step next. Looks like it will be a long time before I get an ooph even if they give the go ahead. The waiting never stops.
This evening I'm starting at a weight loss/exercise class run by the local PCT. I really must get some of this weight shifted.
Dad is doing well. He really feels that he has more energy now than before the pacemaker was fitted. His bloods still aren't on an even keel though.
Nicky xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Helen, what sad news on two fronts,hugs to you and your family and much love and hugs to you too Val on J's passing, def makes you think that life is far too short and very precious.

Good luck and ooodles of vibes for Carole and Jacq and hope you are well on the road to recovery by the time I get back. Am sooooo glad that have delivered the last scone for a while and eeeeeeeeeeeek I had better start my packing ! Lol, just havn't had time and still got to plant out a load of stuff from the greenhouse,great news on your plant sales Sal, that is a fine little side line.

Well,what can I say about Radio One's Big Weekend.... it was fantastic and I was giving it large oooooo oooooooooo ! Most of the acts were great live but Cheryl Cole may look good and can dance but couldn't hold a tune in a bucket ! The weather was scorchio but all in all had a great day out,the only downside was the car park chaos which led us to be sitting in our car for two hours trying to get out the car park,but had a laugh chatting to the various drunk passers by,really good atmosphere throughout the day.If it's coming anywhere near you next year I would def recommend going.

Liking the sound of the chickens Di,that appeals to me. Hope you can have a chilled out time off work Clare and you get something sorted out for your back soon.

Theresa,I don't envy you with your lymphoedema sleeve and glove,at the mo I'm getting away with just wearing mine when I'm exerting my arm,the hold up one is sooooo much better than the one that hooked round my bra strap so that helps.Have got a stronger compression one for when I do the markets as have to put together my stall and also will wear that and a glove for flying.My arm is actually geting smaller but that is down to my weight loss but on last visit my good arm was measuring bigger ! Maybe I'm just using it more but seemed a bit strange,got an appointment when I get back so will find out where we are at then tho will prob have put a load of weight back on !

The best of positive thoughts and good weather for you all, will fill you in on our adventures when I get back.Better go and pack ! Big hugs.

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Helen - so sorry to hear your sad news... {{{hugs}}} I hope that the funeral today goes as well as it can... x

I'm off out soon - meeting up with the mums from school for lunch...

I was up ridiculously early this morning to see the LOST finale...

Clare {{{hugs}}} hope the meds soon start to help and that you are not waiting too long for an appointment about your back... x

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend... must admit I just hid from it... hot weather and my lymphodema sleeve and glove don't exactly mix...:D

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...Carole and Jacq will keep sending the vibes all week...thinking of you both...

OH was in tears this morning...he heard that a very old friend of his had collapsed and died last night. He was a 'surrogate' grandad to my lass too...shes known him since she was very little, so she is upset as well,they all went to rugby matches together...I didnt really know him...but feel sad...

I also found out last week, that a niece of mine had been admitted to hospital with headaches , she went into a coma and died. She was only 31yrs old. She was born the same year my daughter was born. I havent seen her since she was a little girl...
I'll be going to her funeral this morning....Dad had rung several times quite upset....

Well on a more positive note...should get my results of the biopsy today, or tomorrow...and I have no worries about them....

Clare love...I'm glad the tabs are working out for you. The tiredness may come from SEs of tabs, but probably because you were feeling a bit down and anxious...our body is clever and its telling you to slow down and take it easy for a while....take care missus. Glad you can enjoy your twins!!!!

Sandra I think you'll be all packed and ready to go....enjoy your time away.....safely!Hey you could smuggle some scones into your case and introduce them to the american people!!!!hehehehe

have a lovey sunny day everyone
Helenxxx

Gennie

Hi all

Busy times in scorching Suffolk this weekend, had a nice weekend of bbq evenings with friends in the garden etc. Wish school/work wasn't getting in the way of life tomorrow really.

Val - I'm so sorry to hear J has moved on to the next stage of her journey, but also glad that it was a tranquil transition for her. I played her cd this weekend and wished her safe passage. Thoughts and prayers are with her family too.

Di - our neighbours have 6 chucks in their garden, they produce so many eggs they keep their family and ours in a constant supply of eggs and they are dear little creatures too. I love waking up in the early morning to hear the gentle sound of them crooning away outside. My mum has also just got an Eglu to house a few chickens for her own garden. They are surprisingly likeable creatures.

Carole and Jacq I hope you are doing ok at the start of a scary week. We're all with you. C - will try to catch you for a chinwag if you're up to it. x

Guest user
Not applicable

So sorry to hear your sad news Val - she was a special friend to you. peaceful thoughts to you at this time.

Helen, it's hard when a little one has headaches - how are the rest of your family? And of course how are you?

Thank you Helen, Eliza, Sandra, Sal and Theresa for all your special thoughts

I've had a lovely day with daughter and grand-daughters, but I feel oh so very, very tired. My back is sore and everything feels such hard work. But the tablets have lightened my mood, so I feel quite calm.

Love and hugs to all.

Clare X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all...cor it isn't half hot mum! Not complaining, but nowadays cant take it too hot, but its lovely in the shade......

Val ...so very sorry to hear about your dear dear friend. The fact it was pain free for her was a blessing....love and hugs to her family and to you love {{{hugs}}} its hard....

Sal and Eliza...Mike carried on with his headaches up until Saturday... he came running into me to tell me in the morning that he was feeling much better...phew, so glad, even if he is his boistrous self again!!Is the dress finished yet Eliza??

Sal..I liked sophie in 'rainbow' lovely personality, but I have been routing for danielle all the way...felt she had good comedy and acting skills....but either would have made a lovely Dorothy. What a great profit on your self grown produce...bet you were proud...have you finished your course yet?

Debs..so very sorry to hear about your friend...so sad...{{big hugs}} for you love...
Are you packed yet Sandra and scone mobile sorted???? Have a good time missus...hope the flight on Tuesday? is smooth for you...

Clare love .... [[[hugs]]]to you ...are you getting your back sorted out? I know you are reluctant about the other drugs, but clare if your doctor thinks they will help you over a hurdle...then they will be ok for you...you don't have to take them for a long time, but enough to help you through....thinking of you love.....:-)

Victoria..thats one heck of a long pier....and we will have to try the lemon top ice-cream...sounds delish!!

Nicky hope your dad is doing fine.....enjoy the camping weekend...
Oh Jane poor poor you...really hope the other cream that Sal suggested works for you...fingers crossed love.....

Di hope your doing ok love...still dog training I see..has that got better with time..it sounds really positive....

Hope Carole and Jacq are gearing themselves up for their ops this next week...the SRs will be surrounding you both with positive vibes....they work you know!!!

sorry this is a long un...been so busy...for me! that is...love to everyone else ...Lizzie and Sal get yer 'tops' down...this weather just calls for it heheheheheee

take care you dont get sunburned ya all
Helenxxx

just crossed di...chucks you say...another business potential there missus!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Afternoon all from a very hot and humid Somerset!

So sorry to hear your sad news Val, I know it was expected but still a huge loss to her family and to you.

Victoria I think you should give up the day job and get a job as a travel writer! Wherever you write about - I want to go! Have fun learning bee-keeping.

We are thinking of getting some chickens, I've wanted some for ages, we don't have a huge garden but enough room for a coop with a run, I get fresh eggs weekly from a friend who keeps chucks but our own would be even better!

Hope all you flowers aren't wilting too much in the sun, for me it's shade and more shade please, Love Di xxxxxxxx

brightlight28

Good morning SRs,

It's another lovely day here in London - perhaps a little too lovely though. I'm like you Theresa in that I'm not too keen on hot weather.

I'm sorry your friend lost her fight in the end Val, but at least it was a peaceful ending.

Yesterday went to Southend on Sea - somewhere I've always wanted to go to and not far from London (about 1.30 hours by train). On the way to the seafront we stopped for a while to see a display of birds of prey that were on show in the centre. My OH got to stroke the stomach of an Eagle Owl. Apparently owls don't mind their stomachs being touched but really don't like anyone to go near their backs. Seeing the owl perched on the trainer's leather glove reminded me of the book Kes. Not sure whether this is still a book many schools still use - but I loved it, and the images are still clear in my mind from when we read it in the first year of secondary school.

The main attractions at Southend are the amusement park called Adventure Island and the pier. It was quite fun to look at the rides but until I get my bones strengthened I thought it would be sensible not to go on any of them in case I ended up jarring a bone. The ghost train and haunted house are my favourite providing they are not too dark!

The pier was very long (in fact the longest in the world at around a mile and a quarter) but a bit disappointing as there in not very much on it apart from a cafe and lifeboat station. It is really just a giant walkway over the sea. We took the Sir John Betjeman train down to the end and walked back.

Today we are going to learn about bee-keeping at a local city farm in Southwark. Going to wear plenty of sun block though and will wear a hat too!

Thinking of you all.

Victoria xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone...:D

Val - I am so sorry to hear your news about J... Good that at the end it was painless and peaceful... Sending loads of love to you and all her family and friends - I know what a great loss this will be to you all... xxx

Sending love to all... it is much too hot for me... lol

Theresa x

horace

Oh I have just read back-what a mixture of joy and deep sadness.Carole my love I am so so glad you are clear of secondaries and so desperately sorry that Dax has gone.I will phone you very soon-I had no internet access in Italy so missed everything that was going on for you all.
Vxx

horace

Just home from Italy tonight.So sorry to have to share the news that my lovely friend J died on Thursday morning.The end was peaceful and she was not in pain.Her sister texted me with the news.
Love to all of you
valxx

Guest user
Not applicable

What a glorious day! Wall to wall sunshine and about time too. Hope you all had a good one.

I bought some packets of seed in the sale last autumn and had loads of tomatoes, chillies, runner beans and a few herbs, so took them all to a car boot sale this morning. Made about £55 profit, so I've paid for the sandals I splashed out on this week and some more...

Just been watching over the rainbow final - go Sophie bach, I knew you could make it to the last 2. Just got to wait and see now. She and Danielle are both brilliant though.

Hope you enjoyed the big weekend, Sandra, getting down with the kids!! Yo, girl.

Glad you had a good evening Victoria.

Sounds a great weekend Eliza.

Clare, sending you hugs (((()))). Good that you've got some time off work. Sometimes you just have to give in and be kind to yourself.

Debs, so sorry about your friend. It's sooooo hard to watch someone else going through that. You feel so helpless. Thinking of you. If you fancy meeting up, let me know.

I hope the euphrasia arrived Jane and it works as well for you as it did for me. I know exactly how you're feeling. I really hope you didn't go too mad on the spring cleaning today - way to hot for that.

Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine.

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all and a big dance and jiggedy jig around the floor for Carol's news 🙂

Helen, it sounds like you've made the right decision about work, and I'm sure there's something around the corner for you - sounds like a sconemobilefranchaise may be in order!

Sorry only a short post, have to go out now to dog training, plenty of down stays and water baths in this heat - and that's just the trainers!

Have caught up on all your news and apologies if I haven't replied to everyones news but be assured you are in my thoughts, lots of love Di xxxx

brightlight28

Good evening SRs,

I'm glad the week is over even though things are improving at work. It is just nice to know that I've got three days (not going to work on Monday) where I can have a lie in: so liberating not to have to set the alarm clock.

This evening I went out for dinner with a girlfriend from work, and enjoyed it more as it was one of those spur of the moment decisions. We went to an old-fashioned Polish restaurant that I've been going to for many years in Clapham Common and ate stuffed cabbage leaves (meat and rice).
Not sure yet what we will do this weekend, though for once it is meant to be fine weather which will mean a Kent Garden or open air concert may be possible options.

Glad you still have your B cup in sight Carole - something good to look forward to.

Sorry about your friends Debs and Lizzy.

I love Whitby Helen - my favourite seaside town on the North East. OH has a particular passion for the lemon top ice cream that I've never seen on sale anywhere else.

Glad you enjoyed the new galleries Eliza and looking forward to seeing them soon also.

Thinking of you all.

Victoria xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Whoop whoop Carole in a strange sort of way for your results so far.

Will be sending vibes from across the pond for your op and hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Clare,hugs, take it easy,hope you get your referal asap to put your mind at rest. This cancer milarky has a lot to answer for in the way that it messes with our heads.

Hope you have a great weekend Eliza,sounds like you will !

Fingers crossed for the tincture arriving soon Jane,sounds like me the house gets a good clean when visitors are coming.

Hope you didn't get burnt with your top off today Lizzie,it was boiling at the market , bit of a turnaround as it's usually freezing ! Just looking forward to the Radio one big weekend gig and hoping I don't suffer from heat exhaustion or forget where I parked the scone moble in amoungst 4000 cars ! Got a day of baking Sunday for delivery to shop and then I had better pack !

Love and hugs to all Storm Riders

Sandra x

Eliza

Debs, I am so sorry to hear about your dear friend. Sending you love & hugs in this very difficult situation.

Look after yourself, Clare. Glad you are getting a referral for your back. It is probably something that a couple of years ago wouldn't have been more than just plain tedious, but these days we all find it impossible not to worry about aches and pains. And all our worries are taken seriously, which is great, but also worrying in itself! At least, that is how it is for me.

Sal, yes, some of the Maltese buses are wonderful, although the driving can be a bit erratic! Hope you get to Croatia, Linda.

So pleased to hear that your Dad is home, Nicky, and hopefully you are now at the van.

How is Mike today, Helen?

Sounds like you have had a lovely day, Theresa. I'm due to have a very good weekend. An old friend is getting married tomorrow (first marriage for her, second for him) and there will be the marriage, a reception and then an evening ceilidh with the music provided by her brother's ceilidh band (who are extremely good). Then on Sunday I have another trying on session for my new medieval garment.

There is so much going on for so many SRs at the moment, but I do hope that the weekend is good for us.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Sounds like you are in for a busy time, Jane, but hope you enjoy anticipating all your visitors.

Guest user
Not applicable

Clare - sorry to hear that you have been so worried... {{{hugs}}} hopefully you will soon get an appointment and a bone scan to put your mind at rest... have the problems been since you fell in Morpeth....? (wondering if you jarred something that day.) xxx

Jane - hope you get an appointment soon for your eyes {{{hugs)))

We've just been for lunch in Morpeth - went to the lovely Italian restaurant and had a nice walk along the river bank...:D

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Such excellent news Carole - and here's to your theatrical success.

Hi there helen, good news on the retirement front and fingers crossed about your biopsy, but it does sound as though they are just being extra cautious.

So sorry to hear about your friend Lizzie.

Debs - hugs for you and your friend.

Eliza - have a great time in Malta.

Well-the gremlins I've been fightng for ages finally got the better of me and I went to see my GP this morning, she has been great through all this, listened to me and has prescribed anti-depressants. She knows how reluctant I am to take these drugs, but I just need a break. she has also signed me off for 2 weeks. She has also got me an appt with the hospital to discuss my back pain as I'm worrying myself sick about it.

Love and hugs

X Clare

Guest user
Not applicable

Scccccccccccoooooooooooooooooooby Scooby Dooooooooooo!! Great news, Carole. That's if this rubbish can be classed as good news. Hope the show went well last night.

Jacq, you are a very naughty girl! LOL Isn't revenge sweet?

What a bummer about your pension, Ros. I am very lucky with mine, but I think the railway scheme is one of the few remaining 100% pensionable.

Deb's, sorry to hear about your friend. I lost my cousin a few years ago to oesophagus cancer. He was 42. It's a very unpleasant disease. I hope they are keeping him pain free.

So many of you jetting off soon. I don't think we will get away this year. Too many niggly jobs need to be done on the house, so all our spare carrots are tied up in that.

Eliza, I think you are probably right and they are not too worried about your scan, or an earlier date would have been given. Doesn't make it any easier for you though, having to wait so long.

Nicky, I bet your Dads pleased to be home. The caravan sounds like an excellent place to recuperate in. Hope the sunshine keeps up for him.

Just as you said, Sal. As soon as I stopped the hydrocortizone my eyes are like golf balls again. My face felt like it was on fire in work last night and so I am back on it but as you say, not good for long term use. Hopefully the tincture you recommended will arrive today or tomorrow. I am back at my quacks on Tue, so hopefully there will be some news about the skin hospital.

Off to get ready for work now. Last day, got four off but boy am I going to be busy. We have friends and family arriving from Plymouth next Thursday, so spring clean it is.

Take care everyone xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone...:D

Debs - so sorry to hear about your friend... {{{hugs}}}

Gorgeous day here as well... 😄

Nicky - great to hear that your Dad is finally home...:D

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Poo! just posted and lost it!!

Great result, Carole - how strnge to be saying that - but you know what we mean, and break a leg - as Helen says, I know you will just be maaaaarvelous, daaaarling!

Lovely sunny day - hope it's shining on all the SRs. Top off today on the way to Bridlington - methinks. (For those more recent members - that's the roof off the mini! Stopped flashing the boobs last year - after going through a phase of whipping them out every time I entered a room. Oh yes, I remember now - that was the rads!)

Debs, very sorry to hear about your dear friend - sounds a tough situation for you, some of which I relate to - have PMed you. Much (((hugs)))))

And love, hugs and positive vibes to all - and yes, much huffing and puffing at ash clouds - Zante 3 weeks on Monday - yehaa!!

Lizzie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Gosh lovely ladies, so much going on, I barely know where to start.

Really pleased to hear its a new primary Carole and yes, it does feel really odd saying that. I hope the op goes smoothly and that the pathology comes back in favour of a gentle treatment regime.

It sounds like a lot of people are having difficulties around working and I'm sending out big hugs to you all. Those of you who are able not to work, it sounds like a marvellous option, whether its a permanent decision, a sabbatical, or just a longer recovery period. I used to work in pensions and remember regarding it as a bummer of an industry. Mind you, so is insurance ... just been trying to explain to my mother why I won't be going to my niece's graduation with her as the medical insurance for the US is simply too expensive now. Its unlikely I can afford a "proper" holiday for a couple of years anyway whilst I try to get my finances into shape, so my Mum's request is really bad timing.

Terribly sad news about your friend Lizzie, its even harder when someone's personal circumstances so closely mirror your own.

My very dear friend with oesophegal cancer has had to cancel his chemo after the first two sessions and is "as well as can be expected". What really did it for me is the news that he's taken delivery of his (out of reach) dream car. So, I know its not long now. He's always hated dealing with health issues and insists on being upbeat, but he's the love of my life and even if we can't live together, losing him totally is making me very wobbly.

I hope those who are planning holidays are enjoying the planning as much as they will the holiday itself. May the volcano and its ash play ball for everyone who is travelling. Finally, lots of love to those still with appointments, results awaited, recovering from ops or struggling. Forgive me for anything and anyone I've forgotten.

Debs xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

Good news Carole onwards and upwards!! Eliza hope you do get your holiday. I really really really want to go abroad this year, preferably to Croatia. However, holding out to nearer the time for a) a cheap deal and b) see how the ash cloud is doing. Will have to have a look at the new museum next time at Barts (half term week).

Retirement deals suck nowadays dont they? Sure the teachers pension is still a good one, but only if you have been doing it for years. I have two from when i worked in the city which they contributed too and i put in but they are not that great. Trouble with pensions is the city banks/investment houses are the only winners. Like the way you got your own back Jacq.

Sorry to hear about your friend Lizzie, glad to hear you had a good time Theresa. Big smiley hello to everyone else. Oh stayed the same this week weight wise. Well i did have a 'bad' sunday so not entirely surprising..... anyway went running tuesday, had a pig out wednesday and have been running tonight. I WILL be a svelte and fit size 12 by this time next year...........

All the best
Linda

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole - brilliant news xxx
Dad is home at last - only a week later than originally thought. He feels better and more energetic already. Can't wait to get off to van. Unfortunately couldn't go today as he has to go for a blood test in the morning so we couldn't go today.
Ros - it really isn't fair is it!
Helen , glad that the ball is rolling for you.
Eliza enjoy your holiday - shame about the scan date though.
It looks like we're all going to be a massive collective huffing and puffing for ash clouds over the next few months. It worked for Martina to get to the bunkhouse so it should work for everyone else.
I hope that everyone will get the chance to enjoy the sunshine this weekend - afterall we don't know if it will be our only bit of summer!
Nicky xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Yeeeeeee haaaaaaa! Steel stares into the eye of the storm and laughs. The storm shrivels under her gaze as Steel turns on her heel with a toss of her head.

If you heard a strange noise coming from the south, it was me doing an apache-type dance around the room! You should be in just the mood to give a brilliant performance, Carole 😉

Hope Mike is feeling better Helen. Kids go downhill fast, but they also pick up fast too. Hope you have a good time in Whitby - fish and chips at the Magpie?

Shame about the date for your scan Eliza, but I'm glad you've got your holiday sorted. We went to Malta a few years ago and it's really interesting. Loved the old buses!

Ros, they should be ashamed of themselves, but I don't suppose they are. People always seem to get shafted with their pensions!

Lizzie, sorry to hear about your friend. Makes you thankful.....

Hope you enjoy Italy Rosie.

Off to have a very small glass of wine in celebration.