Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Morning everyone...:D

Rosie - sorry I havn't replied to your emails I've got in the habit of not replying to them as they always seem to get returned as undeliverable for some reason... (But not for several days which is even worse as it means I don't know they have failed for ages...) Anyway - back on subject I don't think I will be able to make this winter's meet-up as it is tricky for me to get to... But I'm sure I will get to one again in the future...x

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Happy Birthday Clare! Welcome to the new storm dogs; big but gentle hugs to Carole and Jacq as they recover from their ops, and 'phew!' to Theresa re the scan. Ros - well done missus, get that chart up on the office wall and start crossing off the days! Val (H) - big hug to you also, will be thinking of you on Tuesday.Have read all the other posts, honest, but now can't remember a flippin' thing.

Had a good time in Milan (academic conference, not hols); my paper was very well received and I made some good contacts re future research. Also discovered that Italian beer suits me, unlike the British stuff which I had to give up years ago. Feeling the cold since arriving back, tho' - even when it rained last Thursday it was still a darn sight hotter there than here!

The deposit re the December meet-up has now been paid, so please check your e-mails if you have already said 'yes'. Those that were maybe's - just drop me an e-mail if you find you can convert to a 'yes' so that I can keep the maths straight.

love and hugs
Rosie/Calam xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

hello again...:D

Val - what a thing for the woman to say! 😮 {{{hugs}}} for a tough week to come... x

Jacq - good idea to keep the door firmly locked today x

Lucky storm riders with good weather today - we've got the heating on...:o lol looks more like November out there...lol

Theresa x

notyetinthebox

Morning lovelies, and a very happy birthday to you, Clare. It's my eldest's birthday today too - 29 - and she feels old, if only eh?

And a big welcome to the 2 new doggies, lovely names.

Felt rough yesterday afternoon and evening - loads of visitors, even though I tried to put them off gently, didn't work. But slept loads better in the night and keeping door locked today.

Hope everybody has a lovely Bank Holiday weekend, much love, xxJacqxx.

horace

Happy Birthday Clare and a big welcome to the new Storm Dogs.
Bought my first ever black hat yesterday-what a surreal experience.I found a very simple black silk affair in a shop[The Hat Box]run by a very elderly lady.Many of the hats were covered in dust and she dusted them with a hankie before I tried them on.She didnt take cards to pay and as I was £1.80 short of the cash I had to trudge from one end of Shrewsbury to the other to the nearest cash machine then back,then back again to meet my husband.The lady said,"You'll get a lot of wear out of this hat"!!!!!!I sincerely hope not as it is very plain and very black.Tom said helpfully,"You couldnt even wear it at your own funeral but it might come in handy for mine"!!!!
So two funerals next week then hopefully I will be back.I expect to do a lot of crying but hope,in the words of Joyce Grenfell,that I will,"sing as well".
Love and sunshine to all of you
Val[feeling like a very Old One]xxxxxxxxxxx

Eliza

Morning all.

Happy Birthday, Clare! And welcome to Storm Dog, Mia. Sounds like Polo will be joining them soon ...

Good to hear that you are back home, Jacq, and can now get a good night's sleep.

The problem at this time of the year is working out what is hayfever and what is a cold, Debs, and like you, i tend to assume hayfever first.

Glad the you got your clothes shopping, Theresa. I do hope that your side settles down soon.

Enjoy your day out, Di. It is sunny here (at the moment!) so I will be off out later.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all, Hi Theresa 🙂

Sorry your side's still hurting Theresa, take it easy today.

So happy to hear about all the new Storm Dogs! My friend has a new puppy called Mia, it's a lovely name. Polo sounds a sweetie Sal but mind that shoulder of yours, it was my old dog Piper that did my other shoulder in, lunging after a cat or something!

Great to hear you are home Jacq, sounds like you kept the ward chirpy, I can just imagine it! Sounds like you're healing well too Carole.

My hair texture has changed dramatically too, and is now very fine but there seems to be quite a lot of it, I tried a hair dye but it wasn't a success so I now have a greyish brown mop, still don't recognise myself in the mirror!

Hope you're feeling better today Debs and everyone else id enjoying the BH weekend, I'm off to Tyntesfield House with my sister, a National Trust property near us - the sun is shining so should be a grand day. I'll try and give a Victoria-esque report later!

Love to all, Di xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Happy Birthday Clare - hope the present is a good one...:D

Debs - hope you are feeling better today x

Sounds like the new storm dogs are going to fit in fine...:D x Carole - I'm not surprised Mia is so happy she must think she has totally fallen on her paws with all that land to explore...:D

Jane - hope your eyes are improving we havn't had an update for a few days...

Well my side continues to hurt...:( Hopefully it will start to get over the scan soon...

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Sal & Carole, feeling hugely better now as managed to sleep most of the afternoon/evening too. Not surprising I'm still up & posting then! I do usually chuck the echinacea at it Carole, but I confused myself thinking it was hayfever and got the treatment wrong at the critical time.

Must be hair cut season - had mine done on Friday and was surprised how long it had been (not done since before surgery). However, was glad my guy confirmed that a not uncommon SE of GA is to cause the hair to change texture and go straight, as that is certainly what happened to me. Everyone was insisting it had to be the drugs or hormones. I'm hoping that the brutal cut will bring the normal kink back!

Hope Mia continues to settle in well and that Polo will soon be in his new home, well-fed, well-behaved and happy.

Hope Jacq has done as well as I have today in the resting stakes and is feeling up to posting again tomorrow.

G'night all
Debs xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Well done Jacq! Take it easy now.

Debs, echinacea. Works for me every time. Doesn't stop the cold, but stops it getting really nasty.

Polo is going to have a great home Sal. Mia was pulling like crazy too yesterday, but I think it was just sheer over excitement. Today on the lead she was great. Already chewed a chicken, which I can't find, so I think that's gone to chicken heaven, but she took the discipline very well, and is already ignoring them. Think she might be quite a bright dog. Also think she might have a mild dose of kennel cough. Pooh! Poor Woody, she'll be in for it. She's not due her booster till July but I think it wears off in the last couple of months.

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole, so glad you got another rottie!! Well, Polo is lovely, but I don't think he's had any training. We took him for a walk and I've just about got my shoulder back in it's socket!! He was found as a stray and is pretty skinny. I'm pretty sure we're going to take him though, as he seems to have a lovely nature. He'll just be a bit of work to start with.

Jacq, so pleased you're home and feeling perky. I'm sure you're glad it's all over.

Take it easy Debs. Sleep is a great healer.

Have a great birthday Clare. I had my hair cut today too. I decided I couldn't cope with hot weather (where did that go?), hot flushes and a bob, so most of it has come off. I'll change my avatar if I can take a good pic.

Guest user
Not applicable

Welcome back Jacq, wonderful to hear that you're home and perky! ;o) Great that you found some comrades in humour for your time in hospital.

Oh my goodness, Theresa, what a terrible time you've been having. I do hope the pain starts to ease very soon. Good news that its something you can address, pain in the **** that its Tamoxifen related, but I guess that's something I'll be getting used to.

Carole, what a lovely name for the newest member of your family. I'm sure you'll soon have her settled in. Wondering how things went with Sal's walk today ... and whether there'll be news of another new SR family member soon?

Clare, sounds like a good birthday in the offing there - many happies for tomorrow.

Had a cold/cough thing all week which on top of Tamoxifen disturbing my sleep pattern is ensuring that I was like a wet rag this morning. Had to Cancel my girls' night in tonight as its being held in my smoking friend's house and just the thought made me cough till I was in danger of throwing up. Have stayed in bed this morning and caught up on a couple of hours sleep, so starting to feel human again.

Hope everyone is enjoying the BH weekend.

Debs xx

notyetinthebox

Helloooo .... back and all in one 'perky' piece - well, 2 now! If only the face matched the young boobies. Bit of a drastic way to get a youthful look though.

Anyway, all done, had 3 lovely ladies in my hospital bay, and we didn't stop laughing, it's a wonder we had any stitches left between us. Got told off by a very strict matron more than once!

Soooo hot in there, home to a lovely cool house and now off for a sleep. Gawd, I thought I snored - chance would have been a fine thing.

A big thank you for all your vibes, meant a lot, and a happy birthday for yesterday, Victoria.

Love to all, xxJacqxx.

Guest user
Not applicable

Dog City! I brought Mia home from the SSPCA shelter yesterday. A 3yr old Rottie. Quite a bit smaller than Dax but just as gentle and friendly. She's settling in. She's never had so much space to run about and she's loving it. I should get the extra pounds off her in a few weeks. Must try to do the same for myself!

Underarm dressing is already peeling off, right to the wound. Serves me right for being sweaty. 😄 District nurse coming shortly to patch it up again, although I think I've already done the job.

Hope you're feeling fine today Jacq. Rest up.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Clare. Hubby had better have a pressie for you or he'll be getting hog tied and thrown in the creek! Lol.

Off to do a bit of baking. Friend coming round this afternoon.

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Theresa - new clothes sounds good are they for your holiday?

Belated Happy Birthday Victoria have a great week-end.

Morning all - feeling more positive to-day. Getting my hair cut this morning, then having friends over for a meal 'cos its my Birthday tomorrow!!!! and I think hubby has a present for me!!!

Love and hugs to all

Clare X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hope you all have a good bank holiday weekend...:D

Sal - hope all goes well with the dog and you soon have a new member of the family...:D

Val - sending you loads of love and hope you are coping okay in the run-up to J's funeral x

Eliza - i managed to get some more clothes yesterday 😄

Theresa x

horace

I hope you get your dog Salx

Eliza

Hope you've had a good day, Victoria, and are enjoying your weekend away.

I have two incisions and always knew I would because of the location. The underarm one has virtually disappeared now. Trust you are taking things easy, Carole!

I hope your Dad gets a firm decision soon as to whether or not he'll have surgery, Sal. Enjoy your walk getting to know your prospective new dog.

Did you get everything done, Theresa?

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Steel escapes the Sheriff's clutches in record time I see! Glad you're feeling ok Carole. Us mere mortals had two incisions first time round;-) My surgeon said he'd try to get away with one, but didn't manage it. I hope you get your good night's sleep. Everything feels better when you're rested.

Happy birthday Victoria and I hope you have a good time in Suffolk.

Gennie, you expressed the storm riders' support perfectly. Have a good half term - it sounds like you'll be busy. I just hope the weather holds up. Forecast for this area tomorrow is dire......

What a relief Theresa - you must have been so worried.

Sorry I didn't get on yesterday to wish Jacq all the best. No doubt she's done and dusted now. It's been busy this week. I went back to work yesterday and I've had lots of bits and pieces to do. Thanks for all your thoughts about my Dad. They found he has gall stones and had an infection, but he seemsdid mention surgery, but talking to my bro today, they seem to have changed their minds.

We've also been looking for a dog. I know I said this last year, but it looks like it's going to happen now. We want a rescue dog and because there are so many people with dogs in this area who walk them on the downs and there are sheep around, we have to be careful about which dog we choose. Anyway, we met a lovely lurcher today at the Dogs Trust and we're going back tomorrow to take him for a walk. Soooo exciting!

horace

Happy Birthday Victoria xxxx

Gennie

Happy Birthday Victoria - the sun is shining in Suffolk this morning all ready for you!

I'm still sitting here in my dressing gown - I really should get my act into gear, so much to do today!

Guest user
Not applicable

Happy birthday Victoria! May the sun shine and your cake be well frosted. 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Good morning everyone 😄

Happy Birthday Victoira x

Thanks for all the good wishes... it's been quite uncomfortable overnight as my liver has been complaining since the scan... I've been avoiding touching that area recently (as your mum would say - well if it hurts don't touch it!) so it didn't really appreciate having the ultrasound device leaning hard on it...

David breaks up from school today so I will have to try and do various things I should really have done the last couple of days... lol

We don't go on holiday until next Friday morning... But i will wait until i get back to see my gp... it will probably take a week or so for the scan report to get sent to her anyway...

Theresa x

brightlight28

Very good luck for tomorrow Jacq - really thinking of you.

Pleased you are recovering Carole.

That's great news about your results Theresa, though hope the pain you are enduring at present will reduce shortly.

Enjoy your weekend of activities Gennie - especially the music concert.

I went to the plastics clinic today for the usual weekly trip. As part of the wound is now over-granulating the nurse applied silver nitrate to burn off the extra layers of skin. It really was quite painful and the substance stays in place for 48 hours. Can't wait to be able to shower the area!

I'm going off to Suffolk tomorrow evening - though will have to take some work with me (not too much).

Thinking of you all.

Victoria xxxxx

notyetinthebox

Glad you're on the mend, Carole, really pleased for you.

And many thanks for all your kind wishes my lovelies - the picture of you all around me will be in my head as I drift off.

Bag's packed and cab's booked (for 6.15am!), so I'll bid you adieu, and hope to be back on here very soon.

Love to all, xxJacqxx.

Guest user
Not applicable

Fatty liver disease ROCKS! 😄 Can't even begin to imagine how scared you were Theresa. But that's Calypso for ya. Comes out on top!

Jacq, muchos vibos for tomorrow. You'll do fine kiddo.

Well, feel like Runner got a bit mischievous and kicked me in the chest, but the anaesthetic eventually wore off mid afternoon. Need a good night's sleep and then all I have to do is heal. Gen, the two incisions are just 'cos the 2 sentinels were too far from the tumour incision for her to go for them through that. She managed it last time, but not for this one. Results on 11 June.

Ros, it pays to get on the good side of your surgeon. We get on really well, and she knows I'll take care of myself, so she wangled an early afternoon surgery and took me off the ward list. Sorted!

How are all the retirees getting on with adventure plans?

And take it easy at work there Victoria et al. What we don't need is more stress!

Lovely, restful weekend then Gen. 😉

Right, off for another lovely sleep.

Gennie

Just a quick one

Jacq - best of luck for tomorrow, vibing away for you here and looking forward to seeing you back with it all done and dusted very soon.

Theresa, I'm sorry you've had such a worrying time but glad things haven't turned out to be as you feared.

I'm on holiday now for the next week, the children are home for half term. Tomorrow night Jez & I are going to see Joe Bonnamassa in London (he's a guitarist), on Saturday night the children are in a show with their drama group (an excerpt from Alice in Wonderland), Monday is bil's birthday so there's a bbq in the offing then on Wednesday it's Joe & Sam's 8th birthday. Busy week!!

Eliza

Beautifully expressed, Gennie.

Hope you have had a good day today, Carole, and that you are taking things easy.

[[[[hugs]]]], Theresa. The last day must have been particularly scary after the painful scan. Great to hear that you have fatty liver disease! Do hope that the inflammation settles down soon. Not the greatest of timing for it all, but so pleased that this year on 27th May you have had good news (if you know what I mean!).

Thanks, Clare. I'm feeling okay about having to wait so long for my re-scan because they don't seem to consider it as urgent.

Your turn in the centre of the circle, Jacq. Lots of positive vibes and calming thoughts for tomorrow, and remember we are all in there with you in spirit.

Enjoy your long weekend, Ros. See you in Joe's over the weekend, Di!

Love to all,
Eliza xx

horace

Really really glad you are home Carole-I hope you have someone to look after you at home for a day or two.
Lots of love to all
valxx

notyetinthebox

Ahhh, poor you Theresa! You must have been terrified.

Well said, Gennie. I reckon there definitely must be something in this communal thinking business we all have going on you know, because I've been soooo frightened today, and it really was irrational that it was me just wobbling about tomorrow. But have just had a 2 hour kip, then read your 'good' news, Theresa, and feel 99% better. So you never know, I may have been on your wavelength!

Hope you're awake now, Carole, recovering nicely and not too sore missus!

Catch you later, lovelies, xxJacqxx.

Guest user
Not applicable

Fantastic to see you are back home Carole.

Great news Helen - have a well deserved break in Whitby - lovely place.

Val - such a great tribute to your friend and your friendship.

Gennie - your comment about us SR's was so spot on - loved it.

Lots of vibes for you now Jacq.

Eliza - shame about your appt being so far postponed, but you have a lovely holiday to look forward to.

Love and Hugs to all

Clare X

Oh just crossed Theresa - so sorry to hear you've been having such a bad time. (((Hugs))) C X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone...:D

Firstly - loads of love to Carole and congratulations on the quick escape and loads of love to Jacq for tomorrow...

Then - where have i been hiding...?

Well... I've been having a very scary time... (but all is okay now...) I had to go for my scan on my side yesterday and god did it hurt...:( Anyway at the end the radiographer was very insistant that i had to phone up today for the results... which naturally put the total fear of god in me...!

As an added extra bonus today is the second anniversary of being diagnosed... so i have sat here this morning looking at the clock and thinking of what was happening 2 years and that i was going to have to give even worse news to my family today...:(

Anyway - the bcn has just phoned with the results and apparantly i have fatty liver disease! (to go with my chunky thighs, big fat chin and big belly...) apparantly it comes in two types - alcoholic induced (which i don't think is me as i only drink wine at weekends and only a couple of glasses then...) and non-alcoholic which has various causes but includes high blood pressure, tamoxifen and being overweight... So i am going to see my gp when i get back from Menorca (the bcn is going to send her the report...) and we are going to have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get any worse... (it is usually not painful - but mine is inflammed hence all the pain...) and i am going to exercise more and cut out the alcohol completely...

Anyway i can not begin to say how scared i have been since the scan as it was so obvious that something was wrong with all the pain during it etc and the fact she was being so insistant i had to get the results today...

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Welcome home Houdini Carole - how did you perfect that escape trick or is it standard practise to kick patients out that quickly ? Can't say I blame you but I sure hope there's someone there to lasso you to the couch when you inevitably try to do too much too quickly. Thinking of you too, Jacqui and hope that all goes smoothly for you too.
Hope that everyone has a good break.
I've got 4 days off now - tomorrow they are collecting my car for stage 2 of its repair - they didn't have the part in stock last week. Unfortunately they don't have a courtesy car available which means staying at home - shame !
I also hope that all goes well with the delivery of your lovely eulogy, Val.
Love and good vibes to all - Ros xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all,

Love Gennie's comment that we all re-group when one of us needs it, and above all so pleased to hear you are home Carole, what a trooper to use a theatrical quote!! Hope you can rest up a little and get over this quick - as Helen says 'the pesky varmin' has gone now!!

Val that is such a lovely poen for a lovely friend, we all came to know her a little through your posts of her.

Thinking of you now Jacq and we will all be gathering for you as we do, love too to everyone else and I'm sure the drinks will be on Steel this weekend at Joe's!

Di xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Lovely news Carole...and you're home and resting. Sleep sleep sleep...take care love...:-)

Thanks all for your thoughts. Jacq still vibing away...how scrubbed up you are missus!! Another day and its done! you take care too...
Will be thinking of you next Tuesday Val.....

Right the sun is out, I am up, so decided we might as well get off as early as possible...so catch ya'all next week...

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Gosh Carole, so good to hear you're home, even if rather woozy. Great news that it was a teeny weeny one. Hope the recovery goes smoothly.

All focus on Jacq now, although it sounds like you're all buffed up and beautiful in readiness. Sleep tight m'dear after all that hard work.

Same as you on the late night working front Victoria, mind you, I don't think I ever caught up having horribly overslept. Boss should be satisfied with 9.30 to 9.30, but tomorrow I'd like to shower and get out of my jarmies!

Sleep safe & well everyone
Debs xx

brightlight28

Logged on quickly to see if there was any news on Carole - so glad you have come home. Thinking of you now Jacq. Hoping all goes well.

Late working night for me today!

Thinking of you all.
Victoria xxx

notyetinthebox

Oh, well done, Carole .... all over, congratulations love!

Well, I've the cut the grass - back and front - weeded, hoovered house to an inch of its life, changed beds. Like bloody Christmas! All 'cos I might not be able to do it for a while. So glad I have kids to help me - erm, not.

Legs shaved, all digits are varnish free and hard skin removed - lol! Anybody would think I was going on a date - ok, ready when you are, Gorgeous George!

Night bless all, sleep tight, xxJacqxx.

Gennie

Carole - logged on in the hope I'd see you back and you've played a blinder again!! Good on ya girl!!

Two incisions - does that mean they did axillary clearance this time or 'just' SNB? Good news that the blighter was so hard to find, even better news that your guys were on the ball and found such a titch so soon.

Onwards and upwards - delighted to see you home so soon. :))

Helen - also delighted with your news. Have a great time in Whitby - I have fond memories of a holiday in that area with DH many years ago.

Val - I think your poem is perfect. I can see and hear you reading it and I wish you every strength to do Jacqui proud.

Feeling proud of my fellow SR's tonight. Each in our own way we continue to fight onwards through our circle. Each in our turn we drop back to the centre to regroup when needed while the circle surrounds us and fights on. We change places constantly, some fight while some sit safe and rest, but together we keep going. What a bunch eh? xx

Eliza

Great to see you home, Carole. Shame you were under for quite a while but an excellent reason for it. Take good care of yourself.

Goodnight, all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole, lovely to "see" you back - must have been titchy titchy small if it was that hard to find - goodoo!! Take care, sleep tight, one step at a time. (((((BIG GENTLE HUG))))))))
Love Lizzie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Got home just after 6. Still woozy and am off to bed again in a few minutes. Just nipped down for a cup of tea. Two incisions this time, and apparently it took them ages to find the pesky varmint even with the guide wire. So I was under for quite a while. No wonder I'm taking ages to come round!

Thanks for all the vibes. They worked again!

Val, a beautiful poem for a beautiful friend.

Helen, great news.

Ooh, coming on all sweaty. Time for a lie down again.

Guest user
Not applicable

Great news, Helen - even when you are 99% sure it's OK - the confirmation is so sweet! I'm well chuffed for you! Whitby - lovely place - it is part of my territory, but I've sort of halved the area with my colleague - so he has Scarborough / Whitby coast area - and I work the Harrogate / Ripon / Richmond bit. All fabulous countryside, very scenic, so it makes the driving pleasurable!

Val, that is a beautiful tribute - I can hear your voice as I read it. It will be a very hard thing for you to do - but you will do it, I'm sure. You are a wonderful friend to be able to do that for J and her family.

Thanks for all the slow down comments - and I know you are all right. It's a strange job - you know that the more you do, the more you get out of it, - but the more you do the more admin you generate. Also, the better your results - the higher the bar "they" set - that's the nature of any sales job. I do drive myself hard - it's just how I am - I treat the job as if it was my own business. So I have nobody but myself to blame if I feel stressed and knackered!

But, I am having some "me time" - and, mock as much as you want, - but am still doing the Toning Tables!! I lurve 'em!! My back has been virtually painfree (which, with 3 squished discs is pretty amazing) since starting, and I have lost about 14 inches. Yes, they measure about a dozen places, so half an inch here and there sounds like a lot...............but, I feel so much better, clothes are more comfortable, what's not to like?! I'm also trying to eat more healthily, and have lost about 5lbs (over about 6 weeks)- still loving the wine though!!

Jacqi - wobble away, hun, we all here to hold hands / pour wine / whatever is needed - you'll be fine. Listen out for the hoofbeats as you drift off, and again as you come round, SRs will be there!

Lizzie xx

Ooops, forgot to say - thanks for the tip re itchy eyes, debs - will definately go and seek - and, Nicky...When were you in Singapore? My dad was in the RAF, we were out there in the 60s!

Eliza

Brilliant, Helen! Even though everyone was fairly sure that it was tissue necrosis it is great to have it confirmed. Have a wonderful time at Whitby.

Val, that is a very moving tribute. I will be thinking of J, you and all her family and praying that you will manage to get through eulogy and poem.

How are you doing today, Jacq/ Are Helen's calming vibes working yet?

Hopefully Carole is now either back home or tucked up in hospital and following the advice she gave Sal (I think it was to Sal) well over a year ago for a quick escape from hospital!

Love to all,
Eliza xx

smelltheroses

Great news Helen, enjoy your holiday now!

Carole, hope all going/went well.

Val, a very moving poem and a great tribute to your dear friend.

Love to all
Sheila xxxx

notyetinthebox

Hooray for Helen! (You viber, you.)

Val, I'm sure you'll do your friend proud. xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh that's great news Helen, so pleased for you 🐵 Have a fab time in Whitby, pity the temperature has dropped, but I'm sure you'll be prepared with your layers.

Debs x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just a quickie....Breast care nurse just rang...finally...everything good, the biopsy showed up tissue necrosis just like we thought....great stuff! Now I can get off to Whitby tomorrow for 3 days and enjoy it!! Hope its not raining there!

...and I can vibe from anywhere on the planet Carole, Jacq and Val..no problem!!

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Val, that's so beautiful.

If you've concerns that you won't be able to read it, is there someone who'll be there with you who'd step up and take your place to finish it? A friend who recently lost her mother to BC arranged for her best friend to step up if she broke down during the eulogy. Unfortunately, her mother was also dying (secondaries) and so she broke down too mid-read, leaving me to step up (unprepared) and finish it for them both. Luckily it was (just) pre my diagnosis, so I was able to so do.

It may be that there would be no-one there who could, so I'll just wish you the strength to get through it. I think we'll be doing some major vibing for you on Tuesday m'dear.

Debs xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Bless you Val...its honest and true...her relatives will appreciate the words ....{{{big hugs}}} xxx

Helenxxx