376138posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Eliza

Re: Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

I'm so sorry to hear that, Theresa. I can't imagine you saying anything that warranted a warning. I know most of us post less frequently these days, but you are going to be sadly missed on a few threads. You are always so willing to respond to any of us who are having a difficult time even when things are not smooth for yourself.

I'll email.

Sending you lots of love,
Eliza xx

rhapsodyangel

Hi all - just to let you know I won't be posting on here anymore... just fed up with warnings off the moderators... am in contact with you all anyway... and love you all to pieces... xxx

Theresa x

rhapsodyangel

Hi everyone...:D

Sending loads of love to Rosie... xxxx

Just got back from the Newcastle younger women's forum and had a great time...:D

Theresa x

nell

Hi all....just sending you big big hugs and a wave of gentle vibes over the airways Rosie...take care lovexxxx

Helenxxx

Eliza

[[[[hugs]]]] Rosie. What a difficult time for you. I know how draining it was when my mother had her stroke and that was without the added issues you've got. Definitely good to be signed off for a bit as that is one less thing and I'm sure you must be exhausted.
Sending you lots of love,
Eliza xx

notyetinthebox

Oh, Rosie, you poor little love. I bet you feel like rolling yourself up into a little ball in a corner. What a to-do all this is for you. It's very very sad what you're going through right now, and - although it's a traumatic time - you must try and take care of yourself too in all of this. Easier to say than do, I know, but please give yourself some 'me time'. Love and hugs, xxxJacqxxx.

Rosie_Womble

Hi all

Just a quick update:
re Dad - funeral was Wed, bank manager seen, solicitor seen, flat clear-out progressing slowly;
re Mum - worried as she seems to have stopped progressing and is withdrawing into herself, which is not a good sign. The small amount of movement in R hand and R leg is not improving any further, despite the intensive physio she's getting. Still not able to swallow (throat muscles affected) so now on a 'Peg' tube feed (direct into stomach).

Seeing my own GP next Tues to be signed off from the PhD for a longer period as brain definitely not in work mode - physically and mentally very drained at present.

Knowing the SR's are there for me means a lot - (((hugs))) to all.
Rxxx

Piper

Morning all,

Great to hear you enjoyed your mini-meet, look forward to hearing more about it.
Eliza the dress looks fab - the spooky picture adds to it really 😉
Hope Carole's going on okay and got the seroma beat at last, thinking of you Steele x
Lovely to hear how you're getting on Sal, good luck with the job-hunting.
Fab news from you Nicky, I'm hoping to report the same soon. What a perfect day craft shopping and eating!
How is early retirement suiting you Helen, and hope you've had no mre dizzzy spells since your hols.
Hope you get some news soon on your scan Theresa,
Have a lovely weekend all, Di xxx

horace

Well I just said good night to Clare and Sheila after a lovely evening.I'll let Clare tell the story of the non event which was our after dinner coffee!!We drank a toast to all the Storm Riders-still together even if we are moving on out of here.It will soon be the anniversary of Ashbourne-Those were the Days my Friends etc etc.
Love Valxx

Eliza

Excellent news, Nicky. The shopping sounds pretty good too! As Sal says, the weeks will fly by.

The photo is headless because it was taken by the seamstress, who is a good deal better with sewing than with cameras! There were some others, but this is the only one that shows it off well at full length - apart from the one in which I'm pulling an odd face!

I've sent back my registration form for the course, Sal. Hope you have a great week in Dorset and I'll cross my fingers for the weather.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

salopets

Belated birthday wishes, Di. I'm glad you had such a good day.

Gennie, I'm so sorry you're having trouble with cellulitis - it sounds horrid. Here's hoping that you've had your last dose of it.

Theresa, you sound a lot more patient that I would be - I think I'd be on the phone every day until it's all sorted.

Love the dress Eliza. I never did get round to ringing about the Lebed classes - I don't know where time has gone the last couple of weeks.

Glad everything was tickety boo Nicky. Three weeks will soon fly by and you'll be dashing around as usual.

Take it easy Victoria - don't go wearing yourself out.

People certainly sound as though they are getting their lives back on track and that's brilliant! I hope the Manchester meet is enjoyable. I'm sure it will be.

I've started job hunting again as my contract ends in November. I had an interview last week and was offered the job, but the pay was abysmal, so I politely declined. I'm not that desperate - yet. We're off to Dorset for a week on Saturday, so keep your fingers crossed for the weather. B is doing a half marathon in aid of breast cancer the day after we get home, so I'll be going up to London to cheer her on her way.

Love to all. xx

nicky63

Good news- I've had my histology results and everything was benign.
Still waiting to hear back from the genetic service to see if they want any other monitoring but I doubt they will, especially as bowel and liver were checked at time of op and nothing worrying was found.
I hope that you've heard something back Theresa.
My sister took me out yesterday and we went to a craft shop, had some lunch, went to another craft shop and then coffee and cake.
Of course I spent too much but had fun doing it. Shattered last night and today. Tomorrow we're going to have a pedicure and take her daughter out to lunch.I'm going to miss her next week when she goes back to work - she's been off with extremely high blood pressure but her swollen hands and feet have gone down and she's feeling better, so my driver will be gone. About another 3-4 weeks before I can drive again myself.
Enjoy the Manchester meet.
Nicky xx
Ps Eliza love the dress but why is it headless?

nell

Morning all....Theresa its seems very much like a 'do it yourself' job sometimes, ie keep having to ring up to get things sorted. I hope they ring you back, but keep ringing them until you get some satisfaction. At least the onc is on your side and rightly so. What Eliza said makes sense, because of this palaver, they may never ever do this to you again!!!

Hi Sheila...enjoy your mini-meet, wish I could be there.
Eliza...I lurrrve your dress, at last! Looks perfick to me! 🙂

have a good day all
Helenxxx

Eliza

I do hope it gets sorted soon, Theresa. It is a bit worrying that this might happen any time you need a scan but on the other hand if your onc sorts it this time they might not mess you (and her) around again.

Hi, Sheila!

I have changed my profile pic to show the completed garment, although I think the front needs adjusting a bit as the lacing eyelets are not lying as flat as they should with straight lacing.

E xx

smelltheroses

Just crossed with you Theresa, hope you get some peace of mind over this soon.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

smelltheroses

Just dropping in to say "hi" and so looking forward to our Manchester mini meet tomorrow. I will remember not to have a school dinner. The cook is on a mission to fatten me up with huge portions!

Helen, so glad you enjoyed Liverpool. I saw "Our day out" this time last year and really enjoyed it. Hope you visit again!

Everyone else, sending lovely thoughts.

Love

Sheila xxxxx

rhapsodyangel

Eliza - still no word...:(

I phoned mu onc's secretary yesterday and she said that she had spoken to my onc and thought that she was going to phone the scan people to see what was happening as they hadn't been informed... She said yesterday that she would phone me back and let me know what is happening - but I still havn't heard a thing...:( One of my concerns with all this is is what happens in the future if I need a scan in a year's time etc... is all this going to happen every time...? 😞 I guess that the only comfort I can take is if my onc is not jumping up and down with excitment then she was doing the scan more for completeness... But it is very depressing that no-one ever phones me back about it all...:(

Theresa x

Eliza

I think dancing is a great way to keep fit - hope you enjoy it, Clare. The taking it at your own pace sounds very sensible, Helen. 80 people - what a turn out!

How did the experiments turn out, Sandra?

Lovely photos, Di. Looks like you had a wonderful day.

Have a wonderful time at the Manchester meet tomorrow and hope you have a good day on Friday, Theresa. Any news on the scan situation?

hope you are doing well, Carole.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

rhapsodyangel

Hope you all have a lovely time tomorrow...:D I am off on Friday for the BCC younger women's forum in Newcastle... 😄

Theresa x

horace

Just want to say how much I am looking forward to tomorrow.If anyone else finds herself free in Manchester tomorrow evening just pm me,Clare or Sheila for details of time and place.
Love to all
Vx

nell

Morning all...clare, val and Sheila, enjoy your meet up this thursday. Wish I could make it...but maybe another time.
I like dancing too Clare, now Scottish dancing is fast, so should keep you well fit!hehehe

Di one day we will get down to Bath..one day. Are you any further with your canal boat idea? Hope you get your results quicker than I get mine...well not got them yet.But will do in oct.

Victoria ..you are having a bunch of stuff going on for you at the moment..my sympathies missus!!
Rosie..thinking of you love...take care now.

Jessie I hope things get sorted for you soon regarding your chemo..
Theresa hope your scan is sorted very quick and that you have some sort of apologhy!

Its rain rain rain here...again, what a surprise! I felt pleased with myself yesterday going to keep fit. I had to sit down a couple of times, I went dizzy doing the head thing, and my leg got the shakes, but all in all, it went well. there were at least 80 people there, most who seemed to be taking it at their own pace, which I did too. I met a polish lady who was very gung ho...I loved it, I immediately thought of her as SR material!

take care all
Helenxxx

RhodaBee

Dear Rosie - many cyber hugs for you at this difficult time and also for you Eliza and you friend.

Sandra - I love Ludlow, though it's been a few years since we were last there.

Hi Helen - hope the keep fit is a treat, I've started Scottish Country Dancing to give me some enjoyable keep fit.

Victoria, sorry to hear about your thyroid problem, my mum has been on medication for many years and my daughter has been taking it since her daughters were born, it seems pregnancy can trigger it. Both my Mum and daughter have tolerated the medication well.

Theresa, hope your appt goes well.
Love and Hugs to all

Clare XX

Piper

Morning all,

Thinking of you Rosie and sorry you have such a lot to deal with at the moment, I hope your Mum is going on okay.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, had a lovely family tea party on Saturday, I put the photo's on FB - it was one of those special days to remember with lots of laughter!

Victoria, sorry to hear you now have a thyroid problem - hopefully they can get you on the right meds to control it without too much bother for you.

Sandra the food fair at Ludlow sounds heavenly, I know Ludlow having been born and brought up in Leominster which isn't too far away. There is a huge annual Organic Food Fair in Bristol each year which is supposed to be really good, loving the thought of all those samples to try!

Theresa, hope you get some news today on your scan. Sorry to hear your friend has more to cope with Eliza, sounds like he has a great buch of friends supporting him though. Helen, I haven't forgotten you might have a trip to Bath one day 😉 - meanwhile the Northern meet ups sound great fun for those of you 'up there' :-).

I've forgotten everyone elses news so apologies if I missed anything, be assured am thinking of you all and hoping you're doing well. Di xxx

nell

Morning all....Thinking of you Rosie...look after yourself...
Eliza positive vibes for your friend G. Another SR in the making eh!
Nicky sounds like you are progressing just fine...but listen to your body...sleep when it tells you to missus, you must need it!

Jessie...hope things get sorted for you very soon. It must be extra worry for you...you know we are here to listen, if you need to...
Theresa hope you get some satisfaction today too!!

Well I havent done any keep fit in 20yrs. Teaching children did that for me. But I am in that place now where I want to push my body to get it to the place it used to be, at least before the diagnosis.
I'm going this morning, on my own, to a low impact flex and stretch programme. This apparently is designed specifically for people who have had an illness or havent done keep fit for years, and want to be eased into it again. You work at your own pace and level too. Cant see me doing too much this morning, but its a start. Will let you know how it goes!

catch ya later
Helenxxx

sandra44

Good morning all, a very stressful time for you Rosie,just be careful when you do stop to take breath that you take the time you need to be good to you,lots of hugs and love for you.

Hope you get some answers this morning Theresa.

Thinking of you Eliza and positive thoughts for G.

I had a great time in Ludlow,such a lovely town and made all the better by having lots of foodie things in and around the grounds of the castle,brought home more sausages than you can shake a stick at !

70% off certainly appeals to my Scottishness Nicky,you must be on the road to recovery if you are up for making the most of such fine bargains.

Good luck with your onc appoinment Jessie,hope you get some answers as to what your revised plan of action will be.

Glad you had a good time away Helen,am afraid that I an only do weekend meets at the mo with the travelling involved,still too tied up with two markets a week plus baking and having to sort out the girlies from school,so keep me in mind if you are sorting out anything for a weekend.

Right,Monday morning and I'm experimenting with lemon drizzle cake and traditional dark sticky gingerbread, though not a combination of the two !

Sandra xxxx

Eliza

Hello all,

[[[hugs]]], Rosie. You must be very tired with all that you have to do at the moment, especially when things are happening in several places. Do take care of yourself in all that is going on.

Theresa, I hope you get some sense about your scan tomorrow.

Good plan not to do the market in such awful weather, Sandra. Hope you had a good time at Ludlow.

Positive vibes for your appointment on Wednesday, Jessie. I'm not surprised you are fed up with it all, but hopefully you'll get some answers then.

I love Muswell Hill, Victoria, and used to live near there when I first moved to London as a post grad student many years ago.

70% off was certainly not to be missed, Nicky! Glad that you had such a lovely day.

Thanks to all for the positive thoughts, prayers and vibes for my friend G. Unfortunately as well as the bowel primary he has now found out that he has liver mets. He is going to have a stent put in this week and then he will have chemo before surgery. He is taking a very SR approach to treatment and is determined to ride the storm. The medieval gang have been together at an event this weekend so he has been very much in our thoughts.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

nicky63

Evening all.
Rosie , sending you big cyber hugs.
Jan I hope that you can get on the right track with your onc on Wednesday.
Glad you enjoyed Liverpool Helen. We loved it when we went in May.
I had a lovely day yesterday. My sister came over and took me to visit our friends at the caravan. It was lovely to see them all as we won't be able to get back there again before the end of the season. Afterwards I treated us to lunch out before doing a little craft shopping. I wasn't going to spend anything but who can resist 70% off?
A very close friend has been over to visit for a few hours today and now I'm shattered. Unfortunately I had a few hours snooze late afternoon after J had gone so I doubt I'll sleep too well tonight.
I'm doing a bit more each day but it is so difficult not to do too much. I still hate having to ask for help. Not for too much longer though.
Have a good week all.
Nicky xx

Janplass

Hey there SR's

Sorry haven't had time to post for a while. Have been busy having/not having chemo (Tax). Went for second cycle and had a slight allergic reaction so they took me straight off it. Am seeing onc on weds.......not sure what's going to happen now as have already had one cycle. Am throughly fed up with it!!!

Val (SL) looks like you've got your work cut out for you. Suppose all you can do is muddle through with the knowledge that you will come up for air sometime.
Carole - hope things are getting better for you.
Love to everyone else - apologise for not replying to all.

Keep those chin's up (I dont mean double). xxxxx Jessie.

horace

Dear Rosie-try to stay strong my love-I am so very sorry that you have all this to cope with.Looking forward to seeing my fellow diners on Thursday!Only 3 weeks left in M'cr!
Love to all,
Val[TOO]xxxxxx

nell

Hi all...What a palaver Theresa...what are they playing at! Its a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing!How frustrating and annoying for you...they have to stop thinking of people as numbers, but as human with feelings and worries....really hope you get some satisfaction on Monday Theresa....{{hugs}}

Many condolences Eliza ..and your poor mum too..hope she makes good progress with her recovery. What a huge amount on your plate love, try to pace yourself and I am sure your immediate friends are being very supportive of you, thinking of you and we are here for you, but you know that......huggings of love and hugs to you ....:-)

Happy belated birthday Di...glad you have your MRI over with now, and hope you get results fast!!!How insensitive of the woman to say its 'ok' about being put on oestrogen...blimey thats the thing the arimidex is trying to cut out...some of these folk need a blast of communication skills....or being tied to a hoss and dragged around at a fast walk for a bit!!!

Nicky , hope your recovery is progressing well...
Hows you doing Carole? Just fine I hope.
Lovely writing as always Victoria...
I'm up for a northern meet too.
Bet you had a lovely time at the Ludlow show Sandra. Maybe some foody ideas too....ooh you naughty thing, skivving your market...go girl!!

Sheila..maybe we can meet up the next time we come to Liverpool, or at the Northern meet....
We had a nice time and weather was good. Had a tour around the docks via a small boat, shopping, beatles experience (for OH), maritime museum etc.

We also went to see Willy Russels new musical...'Our Day Out' . Its a trip out for the 'progress' class and I wont spoil it for people that might go to watch it, by telling you the storyline...but I loved the energy of the kids with both dancing and singing. It had us laughing most of the time, but 1 of the last scenes was quite emotional...then you were laughing again! So I totally recommend it, and would go again!!

How is retirement suiting you Ros? Hope you are enjoying the freedom.

take care all
Helenxxx

rhapsodyangel

Rosie - sending you loads of love and hugs... this is such an unbelievably hard time for you and just wish we could do more than offer you virtual hugs... xxx

Theresa x

Rosie_Womble

Hi all

The facebook users among you will already know the following, but for the rest:

My Mum has had a second stroke, 2 days before she was due to be discharged after the first one - so back to square one, except this one has also affected her speech. No sign of cognitive impairment tho, she is able to indicate yes and no with a 'thumbs up/thumbs down' of the functioning hand and chuckles at any funny comments.

Meanwhile (believe it or not) my father had a stroke 3 days prior to Mum's second one; his health was not good anyway, and pneumonia set in, hence he passed away last Sunday... I've been making funeral arrangements, notifying all and sundry, and starting to clear his council bungalow out (in Nottinghamshire) in between visiting Mum in hospital (in Yorkshire). (If you're baffled, this is because they divorced in the 1960's!)

So I will only have internet access intermittently for next couple of weeks - don't think I've forgotten about you all, but doubt I'll be attending any meets this side of the December one!

Hugs to all (and many, many thanks for all the kind thoughts etc already received via FB)
A somewhat weary Rosie xxx

brightlight28

Happy weekend SRs,

Still thinking of you every day Theresa and Di that you get good results and that these come through early next week.

What a shame I saw the post about meeting in Manchester as I'm there for one night in a couple of weeks and have arranged to see another friend whom I've not seen for agea. Am I right that you work in education Val if so - you are not working at the TDA by any chance? in which case that's where I'm going on my Manchester trip..

I hope the Ludlow food festival goes well Sandra, that's such a lovely part of the country. i'm sure your stall will do wonderfully well and that every scone will be sold.

I've had another busy week at work intermingled with medical appointments. It now looks like I have an underactive thyroid gland on to of everything else, though it can be treated at least.

Today we went to Muswell Hill in North London - as we are going through a London phase at the moment. I find there's nothing like going away from home to make you appreciate what's available in the home area. Muswell Hill is an interesting place with late Victorian parades of shops with rounded glass fronts and tiled entrances. My favourite one was a grocery store specialising in selling tea and coffee which has been trading since the 1890s and still has the original fittings. Almost opposite Martyn's store there is an amazing view over London at the end of a residential street with Arts and Craft movement houses, the first of which was at one time the home od an eminent chemist (according to the plaque) who was an expert in analysing the strcture of crystals. We planned to go on to Crouch End afterwards but as I was feeling tired we just went home instead and have had a quiet evening. We watched the Last night of the proms which always seems like a signal that Autumn's arrived. Actually more like winter here as the weather is unseasonally grey.

Thinking of you all.

Victoria xx

rhapsodyangel

Hello everyone...:D

Thanks for all the kind thoughts everyone... xxx Well the secretary never did phone me back yesterday so I will call again on Monday to see what she has managed to find out...

Hope everyone has a good weekend... xxx

Theresa x

smelltheroses

Morning all, it is tipping down here but it is Saturday so can put up with it.......

Theresa, so sorry for all that you are going through, thinking of you.

Sandra, I have visions of the good folk of North Wales being driven undergroung for black market scones to get their weekly fix! Hope we can meet up soon up North.......

Val have sent pm.

Kettle boiling, love to all.

Sheila xxxxxx

scottishlass

Hi Theresa, I have been following yout posts. I am so sorry that you have been having the run-around. I seriously hope it all gets sorted early next week. Don't let it spoil your weekend. Hugs. Val

horace

Ok-anyone want an evening[early evening-maybe around 6.30 or 7pm?] meet in Manchester either next week or week after?I cant do Tuesday 21st and I go home on Fridays but that gives a few days to play with.If I may suggest we make actual arrangements via pm or email,I am happy to book a place for a meal[open to suggestions].Lets try to fix it soon for as many as can make it.
Love to everyone
valxx

rhapsodyangel

Hi everyone...:D

Just phoned my onc's secretary again and she says they knew nothing about the ct scan being refused... and there had been no message on tape in her office (the woman I spoke to in the appointments dept had told me she was transferring me to my onc's sec and I got an answer machine...) anyway - the sec is going to talk ...to my onc about it and she will call me back once she knows what is happening... so hopefully I will soon find out what is going to happen...

Theresa x

sandra44

Morning all. oooh I feel like a naughty schoolgirl skipping school ! No market for me today, weather looks absolute pants with wind and rain not clearing til afternoon so decicded yesterday that would catch up with my accounts and look at new recipes,ooh and maybe lunch out too ! Have got an early start tomorrow as am off to the wonderful Ludlow food festival so lots of nice nibbly things to look forward to !

Have a great birthday Di and fingers crossed for your trapped nerve,I think a stiff drink should be prescribed before undergoing treatment,certainly would relax us a bit more. My daughter is having a mri for her wrist in a couple of weeks,don't think I should give her a slug of the hard stuff before she goes in tho seeing as she is only 13 !

Gosh Theresa,what a nightmare, am lost for words at that one,hope you get it all sorted asap and a grovelling apology,unbelievable after all you have been through already.Big hugs for you.

Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend Val(SL) you certainly deserve it after the past few weeks you have had.

Ooh Gennie,ouchy ouch,hope that cellulitis has cleared up,it's something I have always got at the back of my mind with the lymphoedema I have but I have a supply of antibiotics that can take if I suspect it has taken hold,glad to hear that you have been supplied with them too now and hoping that you will be free of it for a long time to come.

Puppy cuddles sound like a very good thing Nicky,hope you are still taking it easy, I couldn't get over how tired I was after my op,so make sure you are resting up even if it is boring,sad that I am I was doing my Christmas card list the other day and looking at making a gingerbread house for the stall,forward planning and all that !

Don't be running yourself into the ground Victoria especially if you have got a further op on the horizon,be good to you !

Hope you are looking forward to your early retirement Helen,sound like a good move to me !
Yup I'm with you there Clare and Val that Manchester is not Normality,strange place,lol, but am still up for a meet Sheila,there or anywhere else !

Cup of tea time I think, love and hugs to all Storm Riders.

Sandra x

Piper

Morning all,

Hope you've had some success Theresa, was thinking of you yesterday when I finally went for my scan. Well, managed to get very upset even with an open MRI, still got very claustrophobic as you're still sandwiched tight in the machine.
Anyway it's over at last and am praying for a diagnosis of a trapped nerve.
Hope your tiredness improves soon Nicky, but a puppy cuddle has to be the best medicine doesn't it 🙂
Good to hear from you Clare & Jacq and glad you're getting on in Normality. Hope you enjoyed your time away Helen, the play sounds good - Monty Pythons Sir Spamalot is at The Bristol Hippodrome this week which I fancy seeing but as it's only a on for a week may miss it this time.
Big hugs to all, it's my birthday tomorrow so a lovely day planned with a good old fashioned tea party with plenty of cake 🙂
Di xxxxxxxx

nicky63

Theresa I hope that you've managed to get through to your onc and have had some sort of explanation.
Val(SL) I hope that you're getting through that stack of books.
Di, it really does make you despair doesn't it!
Things are improving here but I'm amazed at how little makes me tired - and I'm so sick of doing nothing. A friend came around this morning and brought her new puppy. So gorgeous, and just the right size for me to cuddle. I was so tired when she went though and it makes me feel rather lazy. Shouldn't moan though as at least I know it's only short term.
Off for another snooze!
Nicky xx

Gennie

That's very shocking Theresa - I hope you've received a satisfactory explanation and an apology.

Eliza

Theresa, that really is unacceptable. Are you going to make a formal complaint? If you want to, but feel you'd like support there will be a local advocacy service who have a contract to supply a support service for making complaints (known as ICAS). They will be fully independent of the hospital.

Catch up properly later but just wanted to add my voice to the outrage.

Eliza xx

scottishlass

Hi Clare. My dad went home this afternoon. Took him to visit Mum in her Nursing Home than off to see his GP but for some reason he would not let me go in with him....he has been referred to the hospital Haematology dept so I hope there is nothing nasty looming. He was pleased to get home to his own house today along with his wee dog. If anything happens to Dad I think the doggy will have to be re-homed but lots of people have offered to have her. I just counldn't have her 24/7....and forever.
Having the house to ourselves is just PURE BLISS. Had an easy tea.....pizza from waitrose that I had in the freezer.....Dad won't touch pizza or anything with cheese so have been having to cater for his taste in food for two weeks. Planning to go away on Sunday to the site we love on the beach...not far away so can keep an eye on the old folks....and near enough to run my husband to the fracture clinic to get his plaster changed....I am feeling really well but planning to read some of the books I have put aside.....when I have gone to bed early recently, my head has hit the pillow and I am out for the count! Hope to take it easy now....wonder if that is possible. Love to all...Val

RhodaBee

Sorry I’ve not posted much, but like a lot of you it helps to be part of Normality and not visit the site too often, but I do so appreciate knowing you all and don’t want to lose touch.

Dear Theresa I hope your onc gets things sorted, a serious apology is due to you.

Helen, many congrats on your wedding anniversary and as you say, to the next 35. and congrats on your retirement from teaching.

Gennie – poor you that sounds horrendous. Rest up my dear.

Carole – loved the last episode and hope your seroma goes away soon.

Di – I am astounded at the thought of you being given an oestrogen supplement – what on earth for? Hope all goes well with the scan.

Nicky – good to hear everything went well with the op.

Victoria – you are one busy lady, the surgery sounds a bit extensive, but hopfully the result will be worth it.

Hi there Eliza, I’m sure you could bow out of the study if it gets too stressful. We all very much want to put distance between last year and our new normal selves. Big hugs to you and your friend.

Scottish Val – I am lost for words in admiration of what you are dealing with at the moment. How are you and your family?

Hi Sandra – scones, melting moments, yummee.

Hi Jacq – I love the name you have for your little one, we are starting to look after our twin grand-daughters one day a week, which is great, but a challenge too.

Hi there Debs - hope all is well with you.

Val – yes, I’m with you there Manchester is not Normality!! Tee hee.

Absolutely oodles of good vibes and hugs to you all.

Love Clare

rhapsodyangel

Thanks everyone... xxx I will see what my onc says when i get the chance to speak to her... Di - you do sometimes get the feeling the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...

Theresa x

Piper

Oh Theresa, what a bl**dy nerve - who the hell do these people think they are playing with peoples emotions like that, they just don't seem to realise it's important to YOU, who cares what the radiologist thinks!!
I'm giving up on friggin' doctors I think, mine wants to put me on Oestrogen supplement for a while as they couldn't do my smear - when I queried this as I'm Oestrogen positive and taking Arimidex to stop all production of this hormone she said oh don't worry - it's fine!! I give up!
Right rant over, sorry folks, love to all - have a great time away Helen and a happy mini-meet:-) Fingers crossed your Onc gets straight back to you Theresa,

Di xxxxxxxxx

cass141

Hello ladies,

Hope you don't mind me posting on your thread but I saw Theresa's last post and was so mad...... I quite agree, how can a radiologist reverse a decision your onc has made? I work in a hospital and the only time this happens is when the radiologist thinks a certain test would be more suitable than the one ordered by the doctor. But you should have been informed about it, not had to chase it up yourself. I strongly advise you to contact the PALS dept at your hospital if you don't get a satisfactory response from the secretary tomorrow. And, if you're not satisfied with her response, you can ask for either the onc or someone (medical) in his team to contact you. Blo**y hell, we have to go thru enough rubbish without stuff like this happening. Hope you get a positive outcome.

And hi Jacq, hope you're good, will pm you shortly.

Take care ladies, your thread is very, very good reading.

x

Debs4

Theresa,

I am absolutely staggered to hear what they are putting you through and I do hope that your Onc's secretary kicks some serious butt - because that's what needs to happen. Its hard enough that you've had to be patient for so long, but for this to happen when you were nearly there is just the absolute limit. I'm sending a HUGE hug, but also offering to ride shotgun when that butt kicking needs to be done.

I know that there's lots I should be remembering, but my crossed-ness has put it all from my mind. So, just sending love to all for th moment and will be back to do it properly (and hopfully see better news from Theresa soon).

Debs xx

rhapsodyangel

I do not believe the conversation I have just had with someone from the xray appointment dept...

They finally replied to my call (i called again yesterday and left my name and number on the answer phone...) They said that the ct scan had been cancelled... why? Because the doctor who looks at the requests and decides how important they are has decreed that I don't need one...!!! How on earth can a radiographer decide an oncologist is wrong about wanting to find out what is happening with someone's liver and neck!!!

I've phoned my onc's secretary but it is clinic day so i guess i won't hear anything until tomorrow when she hears the message... Am just so upset and speechless it is 3 weeks today since I saw my onc... when exactly were the xray dept going to let me know they had made this decision...?

Theresa x