cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

nell

Re: Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Afternoon girls...
Sheila believe me love you arent on your own with how you feel. It sometimes comes like a bolt out of the blue, doesnt it, just when you think you're getting back to normal...something, usually a little thing reminds you. But you know what, letting your feelings out is good, it can just be a pain, when it happens in a coffee bar, or a shop,hehehe. You are one strong SR Sheila and you will get through. Drop in at Joes for a couple, then climb back on that horse of yours....I bet you already have!

OOh Sandra what a good idea for chrissy pressys. Never been on e.bay though, and mince pies too....cant think of christmas just yet, give it another month maybe ...then I will!

Clare and Sandra congratulations on your wedding anniversaries.
Would love to meet up with anyone that is up for another meet sometime....count me in. Been excercising this morning, I'm not as stiff as i expected to be...a big plus, definitely.

Di and Clare, you know you can give me a ring anytime about your reconstructions, the fact that you are now thinking about them, possibly means you are 'ready'.

Gennie I hope your s.i.l is going along fine. Good vibes over the airways.

Rosie take it easy love. Hugs for your mum.

Well guess what! I'm finally getting the results to my MRI tomorrow, meeting my neuro surgeon .Its been 3mths, so I'm sure it will be a straight in and out, then we are going to spend the day in York. Hope the weather is as beautiful as its been today.

Hope you workers are taking it easy...
take care all
Helenxxx

sandra44

Ooh Clare,that's a coincidence,it was our anniversary yesterday too ! But only at 17 years though,bit of catching up to do, you must have been a child bride !

Sheila,sorry that you have had some wobbly moments,I have been very tra la la through most of this milarky ,that just makes me sound a bit bonkers but I'm sure you know what I mean,but everyso often I do feel like I have been slapped in the face with it all.You are doing great ! Esp since you do have that ar*e of a HT to deal with too !If you ever have a meet at the weekend give me a shout as I would come over for that.

Glad your event went well Eliza and don't worry I will bring a huge supply of mince pies to the meet in December !

Sandra x

Eliza

Good morning all,

Congrats on your Wedding Anniversary, Clare.

[[[hugs]]] to you, Sheila. Yes, I find that I am much more easily thrown by the unexpected than I used to be although I am now getting used to the fact and that does help. I think that the adjusting normal is the key.

The weather did improve for the event, thanks, and it all went well (yes, it was Saturday, Clare). The only problem was that there was no parking outside and I had to use one of the Leicester city centre carparks. Not in itself a problem but we were only given instructions to drive to the carpark and walk back to the hall - and we were in a one-way street in a tricky one-way system. I was driving around for ages trying to get back to pick up my colleague and all our stuff!

Oh, mince pies, Sandra. I do love them.

[[[hugs]]], Rosie, hope you can sort something out soon. So pleased that your 6 month check was good (if brief) though. Mine is on 13th October.

I don't think it is shallow, Di. At the early stage our priorities are getting through the treatment and only later that the quality of life stuff becomes an issue.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

RhodaBee

Dear All, Weather better to-day and it's our 37th Wedding Anniversary to-day!!

It was lovely meeting Val (TOO) and Sheila in Manchester and I am definately up for another meet.

Helen - great news on your retirement, how's the exercise going?

Rosie, so sorry to hear about your Mum, lots of hugs and positive vibes coming your way.

Gennie, sorry I missed the details about your SIL hope things are looking more positive.

Di - I have been thinking about some form of reconstruction, I will be very interested to hear how you get on.

Sandra - gosh mince pies again, where has the last year gone!

Hope you had good weather to-day Eliza - was your event today or is it tommorrow.

Love and hugs to all SRs'

Clare XXX

smelltheroses

Thank you Val and Sam,

Really I am OK, it's just these emotional moments that take me by surprise and remind me that I am not what I was even if I thought I was what I was if you get my drift! I am prepared to adjust my "normal" to incorporate these moments and they will become part of my life.........!

How can we expect to be exactly the same, with the same emotions, reactions and values as before?

Val, I really enjoyed meeting you and Clare in Manchester and will come over again if you are back next month. A nice meal, good company and like minds. Makes for a lovely evening!

Oh, and it really doesn't help that my team is verging on the relegation zone!!!!!!!!!

Sheila xxxx

horace

Dear Sheila-so sorry you are feeling fragile-it goes on for so very long.I did enjoy meeting up with you and Clare the other week.I am finally home now[yesterday] and will pop those things in the post on Tuesday as am away for weekend.Your HT sounds a bit of a liability actually.
Dear Storm Riders I am thinking of you all.
Val[TOO]xxxxxxxxxx

Sam_BCC

Hi smelltheroses

It sounds like you're having a difficult time at the moment. As well as the support you receive from the other users you may find it helpful to share your concerns with one of the trained members of staff on the helpline. They may also be able to offer you some information on your idea for awareness for Mums in the school. The lines are open today from 9 to 2pm and Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm, the number is 0808 800 6000.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes Sam, Facilitator

smelltheroses

Hi Everyone!

Oh Helen, wishing you such a happy retirement. You have worked long and hard and deserve to enjoy this new phase of your life. A good friend of mine from school (just a little older than us) got a sudden early retirement in July. She has taken on a new lease of life and just looks great. She is so happy just walking the dog in the park each day and going for walks and doing the garden. I wish the same for you.

I have been a bit "gung ho" through my illness and treatment as I didn't seem to suffer as badly as others. Now, I am feeling quite shocked about how fragile and vulnerable I feel. For example, I went to a late opening M and S near me last night. When I got there they were holding a fashion show for the Breakthrough Breast Cancer charity. I went up to buy a raffle ticket but just the sight of the women wearing pink t shirts and the little pink ribbon badges brought a lump to my throat and reduced me to tears. I just thought " I've had breast cancer" I just about managed to buy the raffle ticket before rushing out of the shop. I sat in the car and sobbed. Even writing this now makes me tearful.

Also, some of you might remember the saga of my return to work and my HT going off sick on my first day back. This had a devastating impact on my recovery as it made me face the fact that I did not have the confidence and the strength that I had pre BC. Well, he left a message on the school answer phone on Monday morning saying that he was coming into school that afternoon. I fell apart at the thought of seeing him. He didn't come and we now know he won't be back for a few more weeks but I was shocked at how it affected me.

Does anyone else find that they are taken aback at their unexpected reactions to situations?

Lots of love to all SRs. Have a good weekend.

Love Sheila

Piper

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about your Mum Rosie, it's a difficult time for you, I do hope you manage to have her a bit closer to you.
Helen - Happy Retirement you lucky thing! I know it's early for you but it didn't sound like you needed the stress, you might find a nice part time job that takes your fancy.
Hope you're doing okay Carole, thinking of you.
I had my first Cortisone injection yesterday in my shoulder, no help yet but have to give it a few days. Also had an appt with reconstruction surgeon on Wednesday. Felt very strange waiting in the breast clinic with other ladies who were jsut starting out on their treatment. I had said no originally to reconstruction but finding it hard to live with the scar which makes me feel very shallow. Anyway would be able to have the tummy option, and an enlargement on my other one to even things up!! Bargain 🙂 Have to go back in a couple of months with the decision so will be in touch with any that have had it for advise - I know you went for this option Helen.
Hope your S-I-L is going on okay Gen.
Glad to hear you're a fair weather trader Sandra, wouldn't want you catching cold!! 🙂
Hope your referral's nt long coming Nicky , these shoulder's are a damn nuisance aren't they?
Hope the event went well Eliza.
Have a good weekend all although looks like a wet one!

Di xxx

Rosie_Womble

Hi SR's

Thanks for all those +ve vibes, its certainly helping me thro all the assorted sh*t that life's throwing at me!

Missed the news re your SIL Gennie, but now sounds encouraging (hugs). Nicky & Mary - I'll be in touch imminently.

Latest is that they told me yesterday that Mum is not now expected to make any further progress and that we should start investigating 24 hour care in a nursing home... so just as we finish sorting out my dad's property, we'll now have to do the same thing at Mum's - aaaarrrgh!

Meanwhile I had my latest 6-month check from the surgical team today - a very swift, but thorough grope, no issues and I was out the door again - phew!

Onwards and upwards indeed...
Rosie xxx

sandra44

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH ! Just posted a very detailed post and lost my internet connection as trying to send it and lost it ! Ho hum, and reeeeelaaaaaaaaaaxx !

Happy retirement Helen ! This is your time,hope you enjoy it to the full. It is mad weather here too,hence I'm not at market,not that keen ! Will be thinking about getting those mince pies on the go soon !

Hope the weather improves for your weekend event Eliza,even if it is inside.Very jealous of your apple talk, I have always fancied an orchard and loads of fruit bushes !

Lots of positive vibes for your sil Gennie and hugs for you,am hoping that things improve for you soon,you have had such a tough time of it .

What a faff with your appointments Nicky,hope you continue well on the road to recovery.

Hope you have got your Mum moved a bit closer Rosie,would just make things slightly easier for you,you look after yourself now ! And you too Victoria,you work far too hard ! Hope a relaxing weekend is planned.

Great news about the pesky shoulder Di but do hope that you get some relief from it soon.

Have just spent an enjoyable hour outbidding people in the last 10 secs of ebay auction, yup I am that annoying person ! Have got a load of bits and bobs for the girls as have both their birthdays coming up before Christmas and like to be half organised.

Hope Storm Riders everywhere have a great weekend,much love.

Sandra x

Eliza

Here too, Helen - no lunchtime walk today! Hope it improves for the weekend as I have an event. Not an outdoors one but it still means carting a load of stuff from car to the room we'll be in. Congrats on your first day of retirement.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

nell

Morning all.....well its pretty abysmal here (mmmm that spelling doesnt look right!) Anyway its my first official day of my retirement! How goes it with you Ros?

Gennie positive vibes for your s.i.l and have sent you a pm.
Nicky seems like you were right, and I'm glad they finally acknowledged the 'rightness' of it....hope your recovery is doing well, it sounds like it....
How are your breasts Carole, and you too of course hehehe hope things are running smoothly.

Hi to everyone else....catch ya later

Helenxxx

Eliza

Glad you got an apology, Nicky. Even if, typically, it wasn't the person who caused the problem apologising. You could always invoice them for your time!

Many years ago I grew a "family apple tree" in a pot. It had 3 varieties grafted onto the one rootstock so it was self pollinating and the apples ripened in waves.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

nicky63

Gennie- hugs still coming to you and your family. Good to hear that things are looking a bit better.
Rosie, still thinking of you too.
Well I went to the hospital this morning and actually saw the Dr who I've been seeing for about 10 years. She had no idea why I was there either and apologised profusely for wasting my time. Apparently when I was diagnosed the genetic service were informed because of my family history, so they have been told twice and still said I needed monitoring as I'm at risk of developing BC. They will be receiving a letter from the breast service.
Helen and Eliza, we have a very small garden which is block paved but we've been looking at fruit trees in pots to go on the patio. Maybe we'll have a couple of apples next year.
Nicky xx

Eliza

So pleased that things are looking more positive for your SIL, Gennie. Prayers and vibes continuing.

Pleased to hear that you've got a referral for your shoulder, Nicky. It really isn't easy when you feel that life is one long medical appointment; I get quite ratty about it sometimes. Give 'em hell tomorrow (in a refined and elegant way, of course)!

Helen, some of my mother's apples are pitted but we just cut round those and use them for cooking. Her trees really need pruning now and they are too large for me to do it so I'm hoping that the garden man who comes twice a year will do it this autumn.

Any news on getting your Mum transferred, Rosie?

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Gennie

Hello all

Thanks for the good wishes re my SIL. All family members now know what's going on, so I am able to say a bit more. She made a dramatic recovery once the steroids kicked in and had brain surgery yesterday, which seems to have gone well. It wasn't lying over anything vital, so no damage to faculties etc - she was alert and chatting just fine last night, looking at coming home on Wednesday - amazing what they can do!!

Current opinion seems to be that this is NOT BC mets, but 'just' rotten bad luck and unrelated. Won't know for sure until next week, but that seems to be the score for now. Things looking (cautiously) more positive than they were a week ago, so keep sending those vibes.

Catch you all soon.

Gen x

nicky63

Rosie still thinking of you. When you're at home if you fancy meeting for a coffee let me know.
I've been to see my GP this morning and am being referred to the hospital about my shoulder. I also asked about help with my weight and have been given Orlistat(Alli) which reduces the body's absorption of fat. Fingers crossed that they help. Looking at the side effects they include tiredness( why does everything I'm on cause that?) and wind(remember chemo wind?) which I really hope won't affect me at work. Next it's the hospital for this unneeded appt tomorrow and then back to GP on Thursday for a blood test to check thyroid/liver. I'm beginning to feel that I've gone back 14 months.
I gave in this morning and put the heating on - it was just too cold to face the shower without some warmth.
Take care all.
Nicky xx

nell

Morning all....
Really glad you are going to take your time going back to work Nicky. Its good they are appreciating you and missing you at work, but go back when you are ready. You tried to explain about the appointment, but they have taken it on board and still want to see you, so dont beat yourself up about it love....you tried. You sound pretty busy and not bored now, a good thing.

How you doing Carole...you and your expanders, all growing at a nice steady pace I hope , with no more problems....
Rosie it sounds like you are listening to your body too...take it easy and take care of yourself....fingers crossed for bringing your mum nearer to you...

Eliza, we had 4 apples on our newly planted tree last year, this year we had 20, but they are all pitted, someone told me its because the birds were at them...so not tasted them yet....maybe next year.

good luck and hello to all other SRs

Helenxxx

Eliza

Good to see you, Rosie. Hope you do manage to get your Mum transferred. I know what it was like all the months mine was in hospital ... Take good care of yourself with all the dashing around and getting through things you are doing.

Try not to feel too bad, Nicky. Yes, it is a possibility that someone else will have to wait longer, but there is nothing you can do about it - and you can always take the moral high ground once you get there! Good that you are determined to go back only when you know you are ready.

I have spent the weekend with my mother, including picking the apples with her trees and trying to preserve them in various different ways.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Rosie_Womble

Hi peeps

Thanks for all those positive vibes and kind thoughts, it all helps tremendously 🙂

Nearly finished sorting my dad's bungalow out now, but can't move in my house for Stuff at the moment!

It looks like being a long slow haul for Mum, however, so now trying to find a way of managing the situation that doesn't wear me out. Have therefore asked one of the docs if it would be possible to transfer her to a hosp in the west mids, so I can see her much more frequently and the rest of the family can do the travelling bit. The doc is going to raise it with the consultant during the next couple of days and get back to me. Fingers crossed the answer is yes...

Have not managed to read all the posts I've missed, so forgive me for not making individual comments at present.
Hugs to all of you,
Rxxx

horace

Just love to you all xxx

nicky63

I hope that you're all having a good weekend.
Di, good news about your shoulder. At least with a frozen shoulder it is self limiting and even though it is really painful right now it will get better, with or without treatment. I eventually go to see my GP on Tuesday about mine. I should have gone the day I went into hospital but it was an afternoon appt so I had to cancel it.
Carole I hope that you're ok and that the expanders are behaving themselves this time.
On Wednesday I had a letter from the breast service asking me to make an appointment within the next few days. I phoned and tried to explain that I've actually been going since 1995, was diagnosed with BC nearly 2 years ago(cripes - til then I hadn't realised how long it had been), and that I have an appt in December so didn't need that appt thank you. However I was told that this was a different clinic and I need to keep the appt so I go to the hospital on Wednesday. My confirmation letter has come through and it is to see a different consultant who is infact junior to the one I see anyway. I feel awful as what if I'm taking an appointment from someone who has symptoms and they have to wait longer to see someone.
I'm slowly doing more but still feel quite impatient to really get going. I went into work for a training session on Thursday as it was a run through for a presentation I have to give next month. It was good to see everyone but they're anxious to have me back because it isn't all smooth sailing with the locum they have to replace me. I'm going to take my time going back this time though as I definitely went back too early after chemo/rads.
I was due to have a weekend away with some of my crafting friends next month but it has fallen through so I spent over 3 hours yesterday trying to find some alternative accomodation only for 2 of them to say if they couldn't have what had previously been booked they didn't want to go, despite having been really keen on Friday evening.Grrrr. This morning it's all change again so more work to do today. At least I'm doing something useful.
Love to all
Nicky xx

smelltheroses

Good morning everyone,

It is a lovely day here, hope it is where you are.

Have a lovely weekend.

Sheila xxxx

nell

Have a nice weekend all........

Helenxxx

brightlight28

I'm so so pleased for you Di, especially as it has been ages for being kept in suspense about the result. Just hope the frozen shoulder is sorted out quickly.

That was beautiful writing Carole and very glad the expander has been replaced. I'm looking forward to getting my implant changed as it has rotated and beginning to feel quite sore.

Looking forward to seeing you on the 9th Debs, Linda and Eliza at the ice-cream sundaes fest.

Nice to read from you Lizzie and Helen.

I'm off to a international seminar tomorrow on using research in education, that's about the highlight of my week!

Thinking of you all

Victoria xx

nell

Morning mateys...hey Carole, didnt realise you were in hospital having that expander sorted. Glad its done, now you can continue to get sorted! Lovely to hear from you too...
Hi there Lizzie and all you other SRs.

Di..brilliant news love....a frozen shoulder, 'the big bad' stays away, what a relief!!! Well frozen anything isnt good, but deffo, that! take care.
Jesse how are you doing girl...did they change your chemo? Pull up a stool anytime at Joes, there will always be an ear to listen...

You are right Eliza about popping in here, for the scares, etc. the bond we SRs have is very strong.

will catch ya later
Helenxxx

Eliza

Morning, Di. Morning, all.

Great news about your shoulder, Di. Hopefully they can now get on with treatment and you'll get some relief soon.

Debs, I think that while most of us are now living in or around Normality and Haven, we are all back in Determination from time to time. The check-ups, tests and scares, not to mention the living with uncertainty stuff, all ensure that! Yes, the road to Normaility isn't an easy one. So we'll all be popping into Joe's from time to time!

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Piper

Morning all and a Storm Ridin' Whoop Whoop from me!! My MRI showed I have frozen shoulder, soooo relieved it's nothing worse. It just has to be confirmed by the radiologist but my cons is happy and so am I!! It's still bloomin' painful and can't sleep on it but at least he knows what to treat now, more steroid injections next week to see if that helps.

Lovely to see some old faces, as we have all said there is a bond between us all now that will stay, you can'r keep a Storm Rider down for long so here's hoping Theresa decides to come back and share her wisdom once more.

Carole thanks for the kick up the jacksy - I needed a reminder there gal! Hope you improve daily, so good to hear old 'Steele speke' 🙂

Thinking of you all and special thoughts for all those having difficult times right now, big hugs

Di xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Debs4

Thanks Carole, that was just what I needed to hear. I'm well behind you all on the journey, although mine has been shorter and so I am catching up with you on the ride to Normality and its a trickier road that I expected. So pleased to hear that you've got that punctured expander replaced and hope this time its all smooth sailing. Gennie - so sorry to hear of your difficult news and from your FB status, life is just getting more & more challenging - do hope you get a let up soon. Rosie - I just feel so heartsore for you but was pleased to hear that there's starting to be an improvement in your mother's condition. Theresa - I feel for you m'dear, but know that you'll keep in touch by one method or another. The path taken doesn't have to be the same, just the way we ride - head held high.

Keeping this brief, but it has been good to see so many popping in here again. I'm looking forward to the Ice Cream meet-up too.

Take care all
Debs xx

horace

Hey Steel-good to see you gal,and you Lizzie me ole pal.Steel as always is right-come on girls-together into the blizzard-together-thats the word.

Eliza

I don't think any of us post as much as we did when we were in the thick of it all, but most of us want to drop by every now and then to catch up, pass on news and ask for support.

Nicky, my mother and I were saying the other day that we need to get our stuff organised for our Christmas cards. We have a tradition of setting aside a weekend for it. When my Dad was alive he used to take over the food so that we could get on. It is a bit different now as since her stroke and her sight loss my mother can't do so much but we still do it.

Helen, I'm actually getting very few problems with tamoxifen but the last ultrasound for the ovarian study showed that my endometrial lining is thickened. Although the radiologist said it was in line with what you see on tamoxifen I'd still rather not take the risk, and as I'm now 2 years post menopausal I'd feel happier swopping over.

Good to see you, Carole! And you, Lizzie.

Looking forward to seeing Linda, Victoria & Carolann again, and to meeting Debs at the London Ice Cream Meet! We will be thinking of you all.

Eliza xx

elljaydee

Hi girls

I dont post very much on here now but still value our bond. Theresa, understand how you feel but I hope you will reconsider as I think you offer a lot of support and guidance to others and they will lose that. However, its your decision.

Love to all, flying visit. Off running in a mo.

ciao and catch you on FB.

Linda

LMxxxx

Hey Steel - as ever, well said, my friend! Good to see you're out and about - really missed you last week, and didn't pick up the email until I got home on Friday night, so couldn't wish you luck beforehand! Had a wee drink in your honour, though....AND the hunky waiter was working, he wears the kilt sooooo well! Next time.....

And hello to everyone else - special love to Rosie, so sad to hear your news, take care of yourself.
Thoughts for your sister in law, Gennie

Teresa - Val (TOO)makes a very good point - the moderator stuff isn't personal, you will be missed by a lot of folk on here.

I'm not often here - but thinking about you all - I don't do facebook....so if you do all decide to ever leave here....don't forget to let me know where you're going! Would never want to loose touch with the SRs!

Lizzie xx

CaroleD

Love you all.

This is in response to Theresa's situation. No idea, because I only read here, what happened. I'm just a throwing in a Steel Wild Card. It can be deleted. I'm not meaning any offence to anybody.

Whoooeeee! Steel slides in through the door, back flips over the bar, and skids to a halt under the beer barrel. Flips the keg key, froths a glass, and legs it back over the bar onto her favourite stool.

What the blinkin' heck has been going on here! Goddarn it can't a gal take a break without the flippin' coyote pissin' all over the street and causing the gas lights to go out! (the energy logistics of that one don't quite work, but I was on a roll.....)

Out of the docs today. In since last Thursday. Faulty expander replaced. Back on that ol' meandering highway with Runner here.

Right, as Steel lays here on her back, head cushioned by a good ol' rock, listening to the creek over thar just trinklin' and a trummin' over the pebbles, watching them stars movin' lazy like through those heavens... Well, she's been thinking' some. And ye'm she's been here, down in ol' Determination, listenin'.

Y'all know I've not been around much. We all knew it'd change. Dang, but didn't we sit round the campfire as we all moseyed all in to town. Didn't we splash the coffee on the Old One's table many a night, and recognise that things would change. And didn't we all talk all them times about the bond, about how the Storm Riders ride. Goddammit! (And I'm strikin' the table here!), we all came through the desert. We rode through the pass. We have all been marked. And that mark is our honour Storm Riders.

Bear with me. Been lying under the beer barrel for a touch too long since Doc let me off his table. But... Here's the thing.

I'm sensing, Steel is sensin', that we have forgotten what it is to ride the storm, the way we used to ride it. Where are those "Whoop Whoop Whoop - yeehaaa"s. Go for your guns SRs, find the storm, leap up on your horse's back, throw back your arms, let the rain thunder down on your upturned face, feel the drum of yourhorse's heart as you hold on with your thighs, you knees, and yell up at the storm clouds.

I don't want to put words into your mouths, so I'm just going to yell out now what I yell, every day, every goddarnit day, because I love the feel of it my throat...

YEEESSSSSSSS! BRING IT ON! THROW DOWN THE RAIN, THE LIGHTENING. ROLL THAT THUNDER!!! I AM A STORM RIDER. I RIDE THE STORM. I DO NOT GIVE UP.

Ahem... i didn't mean by that, that anybody should feel they have to keep posting here. It could take me all night to edit it and get it the way I mean it, and it would still be wrong. Let's suffice it to say:

We are Storm Riders. We do this ride out to Normality, which is the second hardest ride of our life (the ride to Determination being teh hardest, obviously!...:DD), we do it individually, the way we need to. But we also do it knowing that whether it is here or by some other media, we do not do it alone.

Good luck Storm Riders.

Not that you need it. Storm Riders make their own luck, by dint of their courage, their focus, their goddarnit Determination.

nell

Morning folks...Everybody is different in regards to posting on a forum. I remember how hard it was for me to post on here to start with....but never regretted it, meeting all you girls, helped me tremendously. I prefer to talk about cancer on here and keep it on here because its the better option for me. And like Sandra and Eliza, I like to pop in here and read about whats going on. I'm not popping quite as much now, but thats fine, its about moving on. But like victoria says its easier to keep in contact with you wonderful SRs.
The decision is whats right for you Theresa...but like the others have said...know that we will miss you.

Eliza are you wanting to change because you are having poor side effects with tamoxifen?
How you doing Nicky? Hope you have found something to cure your boredom whilst you are recovering!!!
Take care Rosie....

Helenxxx

nicky63

Eliza I crossed with you but echo everything that you said. Also just at the moment I really can't forget it as virtually every time I move I get a reminder! Bc is a part of me now - even if only a small part of me. I am a different(and I hope better) person than I was 2 years ago and everyone here understands that.
Nicky x

nicky63

I tried posting last night but it was soo slow that I gave up.
Theresa I hope that even if you're not posting you're reading all of these messages. You will be missed greatly.
Helen I hope that you got on ok at your keep fit. I went to my weight loss/exercise class yesterday. I had lost 7lb, making 1 stone in total. Of course I wasn't allowed to exercise - at least another 4 weeks for that. I could start swimming sooner but although my abdominal wound is healing well the internal wound is still discharging so I can't because of the risk of infection.
How sad am I? I went to a 'make and take' on Saturday and made my first Christmas cards. Yesterday my sister took me to buy her grandaughters 18th birtday pressie and she bought her first Christmas pressie! On top of that my friends 17 year old daughter is already counting down the days.
I heard back from the genetic service yesterday. Apparently I'm at higher risk of developing BC and need annual monitoring! This is despite having filled in the form with when I was diagnosed, treatment I had and date of my last mammo. They also had access to my GP and hospital notes. If they'd read those they'd have seen that I've been monitored since 1995.
Sandra, I hope that the MRI goes well.
Gennie thinking of you and your family.
Rosie big hugs.
Nicky xx

Eliza

Hope you're reading all our comments, Theresa! As Clare says you have to do what is right for you, but like the Vals (!) I'd love you to stay.

Yes, it is the convenience of here that I like, Sandra. I know it is a public forum but then I was always taught not to put in an email anything I wouldn't on a postcard! I'm taking tamoxifen each day so there is no chance of forgetting it all anyway and for me too it illustrates how far I (and all of us) have come. Plus, I can't change having had bc so I may as well take what positives I can from it all - and the big positive is the Storm Riders. And there is the ongoing information stuff too - especially as I want to discuss changing from tamoxifen to Arimidex when I see my onc next month.

Love and hugs to all those who are battered and bruised in one way or another at the moment.

Eliza xx

scottishlass

Theresa, All I want to say is please don't go. I know you must feel hurt and I haven't a clue what it is all about but we love you and want you to keep posting. Love and hugs, Val XX

horace

Theresa-please dont go-remember the moderators dont know you personally they are just following a set of rules.We love you,care about you and want you to stay.You are a Storm Rider-we are with you.
Rosie love-stay strong and try to rest.
All of you-lots of love-TOO

RhodaBee

Dear Rosie - so sorry about your Dad and that your Mum is not making the progress she seemed to be a while ago. Your studies will be waiting for you when you feel strong enough. Lots of love and hugs to you.

Theresa - I know how personal it feels when you have a post moderated. You must do what you feel best, but I feel proud to have known you as a valued SR.

Love and hugs to all SRs wherever you are.

Clare

sandra44

Lol.you got to laugh when you read a comment of "how are your breasts doing Carole ?" Love it ! Bet you never thought you would ever be saying things like that Helen, I certainly have never thought about women's breasts so much before ! Good luck with your keep fit, it's great when you find some exercise that you enjoy,I'm still looking !

Hope your week turns out better than your weekend Gennie,positive vibes for you s in law.

Thinking of you Rosie and a great big hug for you,life can be so rubbish at times,mind you take the time to be good to yourself.

I think it's the convenience of posting on here and like you said Victoria it's easier to follow the thread with what everyone is up to.Can't do it so easily via fb and not everyone is signed up to that . I don't mind coming on here,it serves as a reminder of how far I've come and do still feel it can offer a lot of support.I'm stuck with lymphoedema so I do like to check up on whats going on in that dept.

Well I know that I have told my daughters to share but didn't really want them to pass on the their stinky cold germs ! My throat is killing me and am sneezing like a mad sneezy thing ! Hot toddy tonight for me methinks or maybe just have one this afternoon for medicinal purposes of course.

Love and germ free hugs to all Storm Riders.

Sandra x

Leah_BCC

Good morning all

We do not discuss our moderating decisions in detail but as there seems to be a level of concern here, I can confirm that a post by rhapsodyangel was edited in line with our guidelines about using full names on the forum and we sent her a message to let her know what we had done and why. There was no warning or admonishment involved. I hope this helps to settle any anxieties there might be about the moderators' activities.

Please remember, if you wish to make contact with each other on Facebook (where you have greater control over your individual privacy settings) to swap the necessary details (full names or email addresses) using the private message system here, rather than posting your personal details on the public forum.

with best wishes
Leah
Community & Social Media Manager

nell

Morning all...sending positive vibes and gentle thoughts for your s.i.l. Gennie. Things start to go right for a time then.....but I guess thats life, unfortunately. But appreciate your thoughts about keeping it private...take care Gennie.

Theresa...why on earth have they told you off now. They must know your caring, thoughtful and kind character by now. All you do is offer advice! You will be greatly missed by all. But especially by SRs on this thread. It is a time for moving on, and we can keep in touch by e.mail, but its a bit sad that you are leaving for that reason. Theresa I hope your scan is soon and satisfactory....((hugs))

Rosie hope your mum is recovering and making some progress. Glad that you have taken time off, from your very busy life...you need to regroup and have some quality 'me' time.

How are your breasts doing Carole....all good I hope. Take care.
Di have you heard anything yet!
Love to all SRS ...I'm off to my 2nd 'keep fit' class now.

Helenxxx

smelltheroses

Theresa, so sorry you won't be posting again. I can't imagine what you could possibly have done wrong.

Thank you for being there all the time and for the benefit of your experiences, fears and hopes which you shared so selflessly, and for all your support. I feel it has been a privilege to share in the lives, the good times and bad, of you and all the SRs. We have all shared so many personal and emotional thoughts and events. You have all been so important to me since I logged on looking for information after my diagnosis last May.

Sending you very best wishes. xxxxx

Can you keep in touch with us via e mail?

Gennie, to you as well. so sorry you are experiencing a bad time, lots of positive thoughts for your sis in law. You have dealt with so much.

Sheila xxxx

brightlight28

My thoughts and prayers are with your sister-in-law Gennie and hope you are looking after yourself too if you are needing to lend extra support to her xxx

Theresa, can't believe that you have been told off again. You are so supportive of others on this site, such a caring person. And as it has happened again, don't blame you at all for deciding not to post here anymore. xxx

So sorry things are so tough for you Rosie, and hope you have the strengh to get through this period xxx

I must admit that it is becoming harder to post on here, not because of any run-ins I've experienced from the moderators, but more that just logging on serves as a reminder of the disease and the gruelling treatment we've been through, when as much as is possible I'm trying to lead a normal life again. Like most of you I'm still suffering the aftermath, hot flushes, frizzy hair, weight gain, a feeling a fragility at times, and the fear that it will come back at some point in the future. But I do so much want to keep up with SRs as we've been through the journey together and each and everyone of you is amazing. I haven't met you all but I do hope to in the not so distant future through the various meets being set up. The site is easier to write about our lives as there's more space on here than facebook, and while we can write through e-mail it is more difficult to maintain a thread. I was thinking that perhaps some kind of separate blog site might be the answer. We could post details of meets and send all those brilliant jokes through (thinking of Jackie) - without clogging up inboxes as they are usually millions of megabites! But then again, would another place to post be seen as too troublesome and arduous to write on. Oh dear, seem to be rambling on here.

Thinking of you all as usual

Victoria xxxx

Eliza

Vibes and prayers for your sis-i-l and [[[[hugs]]]] for you, Gennie.

The gloomy tales bit is tricky. I know that I want to be positive for myself and all those I love and know about, but equally there is a reality that it is sometimes a bit more difficult than that. And when it is more difficult, I like to know that I can give/receive support, even if it is just the odd word or two.

E xx

Gennie

Hi all

Hugs to you Rosie, be kind to yourself. xx

Theresa - I'm sorry you've fallen foul of the moderators yet again. I don't post on any threads other than this one now. A lot of the others feel like treading on eggshells to me.

I'm just posting to ask for vibes/prayers for my lovely sis in law. She had BC 4 years ago, and out of the blue we're all having a terrible weekend. I won't say more - it's a public site and not my story to broadcast, plus I know many of us are avoiding gloomy tales if at all possible.

If anyone wants to know more details then do pm or email and I'll let you know what's afoot.

Hugs to everyone, seize the day. xx

Piper

Well said Eliza, Theresa your posts were the first ones I read every morning through last summer and helped me no end - big hugs Di xxxxx