cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

CaroleD

Re: Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Hi SRs

Rosie, big SR hugs round the campfire. Take care of yourself. A hard time.

Nicky, fingers, hooves, and paws crossed for your sister.

Clare - any news? The SRs could have a go at singing Tallulah some back up, but I think she might start throwing things! 😉

Eliza - at least they've found it and can start treatment before you start cracking up, as it were. 🙂

On the book front - me too for proper paper! I like to hold a book, flick pages, put it down upside down and get the covers all curled, turn down the corners, smooth my hand over a nice hardback (and don't you wish they had more of those ribbons - with you there Sal!), and just, well, stack them up and look at them. Ok, so dusting is a bit of a pain, but nothing good comes without a bit of work. And I've got two sitting there Helen, that I keep looking at, but am determined to keep for when I go in to get the implants. But it's awfully hard not to take a peek at the last page!

Expanders are expanding. Won't bore you with it all. Very slow process, but it's keeping moving along. Hopefully finished with expansion in about a month, then I get a few months rest till the implants.

Oh, little aside to all who did chemo. I had my cholesterol checked last week. It's higher than it should be. Not dangerous, but I'd prefer to get it down. Now, research - as far as I can find, chemo can raise chol, but tamoxifen then reduces it. Femara/Letrosole raises it. Menopause raises chol. In my case I think it's a combination. Chemo can raise it, but tam didn't work for me as a cancer block, so maybe it didn't do the counter chol thing either. Then, since April 2009 I've been gradually going into menopause, now full on in by Zoladex, and I'm on Femara. I eat way too much cheese and although I'm veggie I don't pay too much attention to low fat eating although I don't do junk food very often, or pastry, or butter, and I was using a well known brand of chol reducing marg. I have to admit to more wine than the recommended, and although I walk dogs every day I don't do 'hard' workouts. My waist measurement (I'm an apple) is higher than the recommended. So - what I'm saying is, might be worth a chol check. In my case I am now on a well known brand of chol reducing drink, have cut the fat back, including cheese only once week (I'm suffering here!!!!!), and once I get used to that I'm cutting the wine back and getting into some serious 3 x a week workouts. Consequently my waist measurement should come down too.

I suppose it's just one of the shed load of things we have to deal with, but better sooner than later on this one!

So the weather's rubbish. But stormy weather is what Storm Riders do best!

Love to all.
Cxx

nell

Hi Eliza....always something eh. I'm going to plead ignorant here, but what are bisphosphonates? I take the calcium, but is bisphos something you have to go on a weekly basis to the hospital or Gp and have an injection? Poor you. And its such a shame because the other tablet you changed to was really working for you....maybe you can still stay on it, guess you will have to work it out with your onc.
big hugs.

Nicky hope your sister is doing ok...fingers crossed.
same for you Clare, hope your appointment next week is a good one in all respects.
How are the expanders going Carole?
Nice to hear from you Lizzie.

Oh I've been meaning to ask this Jane...when did you become a grannie, and what does it make you feel like. I must have missed this.

Take care all...
Helenxxx

Eliza

Evening everyone,

Sending more love, Rosie. I hope you are managing to take care of yourself as there is always so much to do at these times.

I'm with you on the ebooks, Val. I love "proper" paper books and will never give them up, but for some time now I've used digitised versions of scanned historic books for research purposes and it has enabled me to read things I couldn't otherwise have read. Then when I got the iPad I realised that I could take masses of books with me to Malta; far more than I could possibly have packed in my case and hand luggage (though I also took some paper ones in my luggage!). For life away from home it is so useful.

I came home to a bit of a shock this evening. There was a letter from my oncologist to say that my bone density scan shows osteopenia. I now have to see my GP to start vit D and calcium supplements and discuss a weekly bisphosphonate. It was quite a shock because my mother has pretty solid bones and I just assumed I had too - especially as I've always done quite a bit of weight bearing exercise and wasn't aware of having any of the usual risk factors (although I cut back on diary after dx I do still have some). I think he'd like to switch me back to tamoxifen, but I feel so much better on exemestane that I'm really reluctant, never mind the endometrial problem. It was quite a disconcerting letter all round because it had 7 mistakes in it! Including getting wrong the town I live in (fortunately the postcode was correct) and listing the wrong GP on the circulation list!

Love to all,
Eliza xx

horace

Just want to send love and prayers to Rosie.
I am so very sorry for this double loss-there are no words love.
Re ebooks-I hated the idea-at the last count we had well over 1000 books on shelves in the house plus several big boxes in the loft.I [truly] read an average of six books a week and feel twitchy if I dont have one to hand.However-to be able to have a device containing many books with me when travelling is amazing.I will never stop buying the paper variety but my 'library in my pocket' will add a very positive dimension to my life.I despised ebooks till I tried one 🙂
Love to all
Valxx

LMxxxx

Rosie, so sorry to hear your news, it's been such a hard time for you, sending you lots of love.

Hello to everyone - I'm still keeping tabs on you all! - stay warm and safe in this horrible wet and windy weather, roll on spring!

Love
Lizzie xx

nell

Hi everyone ...just a quickie to you Sal,

I feel exactly the same as you do about books, its the handling of them, and even reaching new chapters where the number is decorated, makes it for me. Turning the pages and knowing the book will look well read and a bit tatty, makes it special. I have 8 books lined up to read on the shelf, all with bookmarks in, some I made. I keep looking in anticipation at them, picking them up, looking at the blurb at the back, something to look forward to. Your right Sal, its the tactile thing I enjoy about a good book.

OH even asked if I wanted a kindle pad for xmas, didnt hesitate...no. But on the positive side, they take up so much less room and are really clever technology, and would probably still work if you dropped them in the bath!!!
Each to their own....

Big hugs to Clare and Rosie, take care girls.

Helenxxxx

salopets

Rosie, sending you hugs and my very best wishes at this difficult time. Sometimes there seems to be no let up does there? Losing both parents in so short a time must be incredibly difficult, but as you say, your Mum is at peace now, so that's something to be thankful for. Hopefully you will soon be able to get your life back to some sort of normality and put the last few months behind you.

Sorry to hear about your sis Nicky, but sending hugs your way too. And fingers firmly crossed.

Keep watching the rubbish telly Di - at times you just have to give in and rest up. Just got back from walking Polo. Any tips for cleaning up a very dirty, long-legged dog?

Call me a luddite if you like, but I don't think I could read an e-book. There's nothing like a real book - I don't think I'd get the same pleasure without that tactile element. A couple of years ago DH bought me a book at Christmas that was hardback, with its own little ribbon bookmark. It was such a pleasure reading that book, partly because of how nice it was to look at and handle.

RhodaBee

Dear Rosie, So sorry to hear about your Mum, but as you say she is now at peace.

Hope you can take some time to be kind to yourself.

Love and Hugs

Clare XX

notyetinthebox

Love and hugs again for your loss, Carly, did mention it on FB, but can't have too many comfort wishes to help your sadness. It really does seem as if they didn't want to be parted.

Best wishes for your sister, Nicky, so hope all is well for her.

What a shame there was somebody to put a dampener on your weekend - there's always one - still, her loss not to appreciate her lovely organiser!

Rest up Di, I'm sure you can find an interesting channel or two 'til you're better. I think Helen's having a touch of lazyitis and joining you (I can talk!).

Sure your results will be ok, Eliza, and yes - I remember having a speedy Dexa scan too.

Right, off to farm, again! xxx

nell

Oh Rosie love.....so very sorry about your mum. She has been through so much, she can rest peacefully now. Big big hugs for you love, you take care now , such a lot on your plate this last 2yrs. Life doesnt stop to give people a breather does it, it just carries on. Gentle vibes coming your way.

Nicky thoughts and positive vibes coming your way for your sister, really hope that everything is ok. Fingers crossed. Hugs to you too love.... take care.

Helen xxx

Hi Di just crossed. I'd be there like a shot to take your little/big doggy out to play, but my skateboard has a wheel missing, and Lighting my lovely steed, has run off again! Eh well, maybe another time eh! hehehe

Piper

So sorry Rosie, you've had a rough few months as Nicky says - thinking of you and sending big cyber hugs xxx.

Nicky sorry to hear your weekend wasn't all you hoped. Nowt so Strange as Folk as they say, your weekends away always sound such fun so hope it doesn't put you off, just be selective with your guest list!

I've been home this week with the dreaded lurgy - don't seem to shake these things off so well now so have given in and am keeping warm and watching rubbish daytime TV !!

Hee hee Jacq, I too had visions of smalls hanging above the stall 🙂 Haven't had my first mince pie yet, I like to wait until December so I know Christmas is coming.

Sorry I missed the knees up Val, I would have been there but had taken to my sick bed! My, you're getting fit with all this walking Helen, I could do with someone to walk the dogs today but it's a bit far for you!!

Anyway thinking of you all and especially of Rosie today xxx Di x

Eliza

Sending you lots of love and [[[[hugs]]]], Rosie.

Thoughts, prayers and positive vibes for your sister, Nicky.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

nicky63

Rosie big hugs. I can't believe the past few months you've had. I was so sorry to hear you news.
I took my sister to the PS this morning and he did find a lump in her neck so next comes ultrasound and ct scan. Fingers crossed please for the results.
Unfortunately my weekend away was anything but relaxing. One of the women I have thought of as a friend for about 3 years showed her true colours.It put a sour taste to the whole weekend. Needless to say I will not be organising another one - not including her anyway.
I chased up my onc appt and there was one made for me, they just hadn't let me know about it.
Still no mammo results after more than 2 weeks so I really do assume that all is ok.
Hope your cough is getting better Clare.
Glad the dexa scan went well Eliza and hope you get your blood results soon.
Hugs to all. Nicky xx

Rosie_Womble

Evening ladies

My Mum passed away peacefully earlier this evening - the final chest infection had turned into pneumonia which was resistant to antibiotics. So - no more tubes, oxygen masks, blood tests etc to endure now, just a well deserved rest after an eventful life.

Rxxx

Rosie_Womble

Evening ladies

My Mum passed away peacefully earlier this evening - the final chest infection had turned into pneumonia which was resistant to antibiotics. So - no more tubes, oxygen masks, blood tests etc to endure now, just a well deserved rest after an eventful life.

Rxxx

notyetinthebox

Blimey, Sandra, are you branching out into lingerie alongside the pies? (Sorry, Eliza, couldn't resist:)

Hope everybody is doing ok in this wet and windy weather, and that nobody has been flooded out.

Hole in boob improving nicely, well - if you can call it that. Doctor told me it was after I'd been sitting there for over 2 hrs. - grrrrr. Also made me have a thyroid test last week (as I'm alway boiling hot) - anyway, that came back normal (thankfully) - so, it's as I always thought, I have my own little furnace tucked away inside.

Love and hugs to all, xJacqx.

Eliza

Morning, all.

I was out last night or would have joined you, Val!

I'm so sorry to hear that it was melanoma, Nicky, but it does sound like it has been caught very early. I hope her appointment today goes well. I was card making with my mother at the weekend - getting a start on her Christmas cards. Hope your weekend went well.

Hope the chest doesn't take as long as your daughter's to clear, Clare. How is it going?

[[[Hugs]]], Rosie. This is such a difficult time and you really don't need the bank being inefficient on top of everything else.

Wonderful smalls drifting over from the mince pie overdrive, Sandra... I hope the lymphoedema settles down soon.

Good call to stay warm indoors, Helen!

I put ebooks on my iPad, Val. It is a wonderful way to carry around a lot of reading matter. The Kindle is very neat.

I am still waiting for my tumour markers blood results, which is a bit worrying as the okay ones usually get sent quickly. I'm hoping that half-term held up the office work.

The dexa scan was very efficient. I arrived at the department about 5 mins before my appointment time and was seen immediately. Then it all went smoothly - helped because I was wearing clothing with no metal bits at all. So that gave a lot of time for the long gossipy lunch!

Love to all,
Eliza xx

scottishlass

I think us Storm Riders should all pull up a bar stool and have a barn dance to cheer ourselves up and have a cyber get-to-gether. Anyone coming to join me? XX Val XX

horace

I have ordered an e-book [kindle] from Amazon.It stores up to 3500 books so that should keep me quiet for a bit!
still thinking of you all and hoping to meet up again soon.
Vxx

nell

Hi there folks on this cats and dogs dismal weather!!!
Clare I am thinking about you and so glad that you now have an appointment. sent you a pm. As Sandra says keep busy missus!

Eee Rosie love, read on fb that your mum is not recovered just yet, hugs to you both, you have a lot on your plate. Thanks for the info about Ros....give her a hug when you see her next, hope retirement is suiting her down to the ground.

Nicky glad that your sisters problem was caught early, its still worrying, but with your experience, you will give her lots of good advice and support, no doubt about that.

Hey sandra, maybe you should ease up a bit, if you have problems with your lympodema, rest is sometimes as good as a cure. You go girl with the mincepies, queen of pies and cakes, you show em how its done!!! 🙂

take care all you other SRs out there, I'm off for a gallop in this dang blasted rain, it aint gonna keep me tucked away in my lil' ol house, no sirreeeee......mmmmmm on 2nd thoughts it is....catch ya all later

Helenxxxx

sandra44

Hugs Clare, well hopefully your cough will have gone by th etime you get your appointment,nightmare of a wait ,hope you can keep busy busy and time will fly by.

Rosie,hope you get everything sorted out with that darn bank soon, it's a hassle you can do without.Big hugs for Ros too,hope she can make the meet.

Sorry to hear about your sis Nicky but good that they sound like they have caught it early.Hope you had a good crafting weekend and get that pesky onc appointment chased up.

Jacq,you don't do things by half ! Sounds like you would make a good case study !

Off to get the oven fired up, hopefully get to the markets this week as lymphoedema been playing up and have got a craft fair on Saturday too, so am going into mince pie overdrive !

Love and hugs to all Storm Riders.

Sandra x

RhodaBee

Hi everyone, had a great ( but exhausting) couple of days with grand-daughters. I am still coughing, this dratted chest thingy has been going on for 3 weeks now. My daughter said hers lasted 6 weeks!!

Post delivered my hospital apt yesterday. It is for the 16th November. That means I should know one way or another in about 3 weeks time.

It feels like deja vu as the last tme I was dx in Feb 2009 I had a chest infection.

Ah well. I am definately with you on the serenity prayer Rosie. Hope things get better for you soon.

Love and Hugs

Clare

Rosie_Womble

Hi all

Wow, everyone must be having fun with fireworks!

Just a quickie, as the FB girlies alrady know this, but I heard from Tumbleweed last night - the reason she hasn't been posting is computer failure, not an intentional 'moving on' thing. Meeting up with her, Ponchocat and (sorry, can't remember you SR name N!!) next week, so we'll pass on any messages to her. Hoping she may be able to join us at the 'Thanksgiving' meet too.

Meanwhile, the mixture is as before - a certain High St Bank is STILL driving me demented as regards my late father's estate, and Mum is still in hospital, having had a series of chest infections that have prevented her being discharged to the Nursing Home.

The 'serenity prayer' is currently being said a lot in this house!!
Love to all
Rxxx

nicky63

Clare I hope that your wait isn't too long.
I took my sister back for her biopsy results yesterday and unfortunately it was a melanoma. The good news is that it has been caught early and was still encapsulated within the mole. The likelihood of any spread is remote. Unfortunately she phoned me today to say that the glands in one side of her neck have been up for a few months, should she be worried! She's spoken to her gp who has been aware of these glands and thinks that she would have had more changes if there was anything sinister there. She has to have a further excision done and sees a plastic surgeon on Tuesday.
We're both off tomorrow with other friends to log cabins for our twice yearly crafting weekend. I'm so looking forward to it.Lots of relaxation, drinking and a little card making!
Still no mammogram results so I'm assuming that no news is good news.
I saw my onc in July and was told my next appt would be feb. In August I phoned up as I had heard nothing and was told that those appts hadn't been released and they would send one in due course. I've still heard nothing but have now spoken to 2 friends. One has her appt to see him In April and the other in May and they have both got their appts. I think that some more chasing up is needed. I always have to chase my onc appts.
Have a good weekend all. Nicky xx

Eliza

Hi Helen,

Yes, the routine bone density scan because I'm starting an aromatase inhibitor. Personally I don't have any concern about my bone density at the moment but it is good to get a baseline at this point.

xx

nell

Hi girls....Clare I'm real glad you were referred quickly, its that waiting thing again, but at least you are in the system, hope it gets sorted quick this time...((hugs))

di you and me were a week of each other I think, of posting on this thread. Jan is my anniversary , it feels good to have some distance from that time. How is your shoulder doing?

Eliza good for you taking a looonnnngggg lunch, is your dexa scan a bone scan? Is it the routine one, or something else.

Jacq...a swamp thing, er notice how we have picked up on that one rather than kermit, bet your family have too....poor you, but tell em that swamp things are pretty scary, so they'd better be careful hehehe.. How is your breast though, healing ok I hope. take care missus.

gennie hugs to your s.i.l
hey there Linda, dont worry about your luxuries, like sweets, with your job you need the sugar rush to keep going....oh yeah !

take care everyone else
catcha ya later
look forward to R0ss-on -wye

Helenxxx

Piper

Hi all,

Sorry to hear you have a wait Clare but glad you were referred straight away.
Jacq as usual manage to make me laugh - what are you like, Swamp Thing!
Hope the sweets lasted Helen, I'm of the Grumpy Old Woman variety who doesn't participate - however I have already eaten one of 2 selection boxes I bought for Christmas so it's probably a good thing!
Th Curling sounds great fun Eliza, although a bit too much like housework with all that brushing :-)!
Take care all and enjoy those second anniversaries, what a way we have come. Mine's not until February but still can't believe where the time has gone

Di xxxxxxx

Eliza

Oh dear, Jacq, I can imagine that it was far too good joke material for the family to miss!

Linda, I'm sure you'll shift whatever you've put on over the last couple of weeks as generally you do seem to be able to do that. And you definitely deserve some naughty patches from time to time.

How are you doing, Clare? Sending you love and [[[hugs]]].

I am off to yet another hospital today, for my DEXA scan. Timed at right in the middle of the day at a hospital 30 miles in the opposite direction from the office, I've decided to work at home this morning, go off to have the scan and then have a late (and probably long!) lunch with the friend with whom I stayed after my surgery. We haven't had a good gossip for ages.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

notyetinthebox

Titter ye not .... you old Belgian bun eater, you .... this has evolved into the best family joke for a long time - groan.

The doctors told me that this bacteria is normally found in fish or frogs, so you can imagine the jokes going round re: that little gem. So I think a change of name is due .... maybe Kermit/Swamp Thing xxx

elljaydee

Hi girls,

I know I dont post on here frequently but I do, whenever I get a chance try to catch up with what is going on. Clare, I hope your wait is not too fraught and that you get good news swiftly. I know it must be a worry. I am back to 'normal' life and dont really think about Big C very often but a twinge, a headache or a backache suddenly throws me back into paranoia. Fortunately nothing has lasted long enough to worry me for too long.

Jacq, sorry but you did give me a laugh as you usually do....
Happy 2year anniversaries to all of us, its 2 years ago i discovered something untoward.

Helen, have been eating the kids sweets. Had loads of bags left and youngest went out trick or treating and brought back a big bag too... Got to get back on that dieting horse. I have lost over two stone but last couple of weeks have been a bit naughty (In Belgium last week eating lots of yummy cakes) Off running later.

Love to Sal, Rosie, Victoria, Lizzie, both Vals, and everyone else
(just been over last page or two)

All the best
Linda

Eliza

Hi Jacq, good to hear that not only did today's appointment go well, but that top surgeon got cut down to size. If I were him I think I might make sure you saw someone else next visit ...!

Clare, I'm sorry that you didn't get the reassurance today, but I guess your GP was never not going to refer you because, as Jacq says (well, my paraphrase!) they can't take the risk even if they are fairly sure. I'm sure it won't be an easy 2 weeks but you know we are all here for you.

Love,
Eliza xx

notyetinthebox

Clare, what a pain. Can't you get in touch with your hospital direct rather than go via your GP? Be a bit quicker I would think.

It's probably nothing, but your GP can't do anything but refer you to where they've got all the technical know-how - it's that old saying, isn't it? .... "more than their job's worth". Easy to say don't worry, but you still will.

Think of lovely things for 2 weeks 🙂 xJacqx (poor Saffy).

horace

Oh Clare-more rotten waiting.I just checked in to see if there was news from you.I was so hoping you would be reassured but at least it is being investigated properly.Stay strong love and phone me if you want to talk.
Jaq you could write a fascinating medical memoir-that doctor needs to be strung up and have Storm Riders throw nasty things at him-what a fool-go get him gal!!
take care everyone.
Love Valxx

RhodaBee

Hi There SRs, Well GP thinks my lump oes need to be investigated so I'm now waiting for an appt with the hospital, but could be 2 weeks. I spoke to the BCN as well and she said I had done the right thing to get myself referred. So I will just have to be patient. Back to the waiting game.

Jacq what a horrendous time! I bet you are so relieved after to-day. Oh and thanks so much for letting us know about Jane. I don't do Facebook, so please pass on congratulations.

Wow Eliza curling how exciting I remember seeing the Scottish team on the television, it looks rather good.

Helen, hope your hubby is recovering OK.

Lizzie - good to hear from you and take care. Hi Sal thanks for the good wishes.

Rosie you need some time for yourself -hope things get easier soon.
Debs - so sorry to hear about friend. Hugs.

Thanks so much to everyone for your good wishes. I know you will all be routing for me.

Love and hugs
Clare XX

Oh dear I've just realised the picture I use is of our cat Saffy who died last week.

notyetinthebox

Hello lovelies .... thank you so much for all your lovely posts, just back from hospital, and I'm on the mend - thank God! Hope you get good news too, Clare, good luck!

Did the dressings myself over the weekend. It was hanging on by a thread and was tempted to remove the offending article yesterday myself, but thought "no, I'll leave it alone", plus thought they might want it to send to the lab., (I was right). Anyway, it came off whilst the nurse redressed it today - which was a good thing really, as that was the source of the infection.

Apparently the hole won't need further surgery and will heal itself in about a month. The 2 lovely lady doctors offered to do me another nipple recon, which I hastily refused. They thought I was very wise after looking back through my notes!

I don't think I mentioned that I'd gone to the hospital for a post-op checkup on the 26th (which they tried to cancel, but I was already on my way up there) - saw the top surgeon, begged him for antibiotics (and - jokingly - a needle and thread), and he very haughtily said that I didn't need antibiotics and that it would clean itself. It stunk to high heaven, and even the nurse looked shocked at his comment. Well, apparently, the little nurse today told me that he's had the biggest rollocking from these 2 lady doctors, she said he shrunk from 6 down to 2 ft. GOOD!!! If he thought they were scary wait 'til I see him again.

So there we are, nippleless once more, after only having it back again for just over 2 wks. Didn't get much wear out of it, did I?

Hope you're all doing good - well, as much as a Monday allows. From: A very relieved Jacq! xxx

Eliza

Goodness, Jacq, what an experience! Hope all goes well tomorrow and the antibiotics are working.

So pleased to hear that you're feeling well, Val. I do hope things go well with your father. I do know what you mean about your Mum over worrying if you were to tell her.As you know - we are here for you if you do need our support. Perhaps we can arrange a meet a bit nearer to you some time.

I'm another who loves your posts, Helen. It is always good to read them and hopefully we'll see some of your poetry at some point ...

Thanks, Val (TOO). I can't quite believe it was 2 years ago. Sal and Nicky, I'll be thinking of you on our joint but different anniversaries on 5th. And I'll see you in a couple of weeks, Sal.

I have had a lovely afternoon at a small competition run by the curling club. In the end I was the only beginner but everyone was really welcoming and helpful. I'm now very stiff and bruised, but it is wonderful to think that I brought it on myself and it is nothing to do with tamoxifen or Aromasin!

Love to all,
Eliza xx

nicky63

OMG Jacq - you really should write a book of everything that happens to you. Hope the supadupa antibiotics do the trick.
Clare I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Big cyber hugs.
Victoria I agree that maybe you should slow down a bit.
Val (SL) I hope that all goes well with your Dad.
Carole it's good to know that the expanding is going well if a bit slowly.
My 2 year anniversary was about 2 weeks ago but 5th of November is 2 years since my 1st op. I'm meeting my bosom buddy, who I met on the ward, for lunch on Thursday to celebrate the fact that it has been 2 years.
My ortho appt for my shoulder has come through at last. It's for 17th November so it's not too long to wait, thank goodness.
On Wednesday I take my sister to get her biopsy results. Fingers crossed for that.
On tuesday I'm in for a distressing day - paper and card, not me. It's a distress ink workshop and I'm really looking forward to it.
I've been to stay with a very close friend this weekend. Her daughter managed to get free tickets to see Worcester playing rugby so quite a mob of us went on Friday evening. The atmosphere was wonderful. On the way home in the car my 13 year old god-daughter started to discuss which player had been the most fanciable, and why. She's growing up. Yesterday we went to a designer outlet village and picked up some good bargains. I had lots of tops from Monsoon with 70% off. I didn't dare look in places like D&G but did go in Mulberry and saw some leather gloves reduced to 75 from 176! There was a huge queue just to get into the Ugg shop, and they say that people aren't spending!
Take care everyone.
Nicky xxx

nell

Hi folks...a shorty.....Clare and Jaqc good luck with your appointments tomorrow, vibing vibing and more vibing....hugs 😉

Hey there Sal, you keep on looking for that part time job, you owe it to yourself missus. Something will turn up, something you might like and you are right about cameron....he certainly likes the power he has, and he wields it without any kind of foresight.....whoops not gonna get on my soapbox, I dont have one heheehe.

happy or scary halloween!!! everyone....we've bought loads of sweets and the thing is , I just know that I'm gonna eat them if the kids dont......blimey moses, think I'll have to chuck em in the bin!

have a good week all
Helenxxx

salopets

Well Jacq, you don't do anything by halves!!! I certainly hope the mega antibiotics are doing their stuff and your appointment tomorrow goes well.

Clare, all the very best for you too tomorrow - you know we'll all be there with you in spirit.

Val (SL) thinking of you too. It's hard when you're worrying about loved-ones, as you feel pretty helpless.

I hope the bank gets its act together Rosie. I used to deal with probate when I was a legal exec, so I know what you mean. I hope your Mum settles in well to the home.

Victoria, you sound as though you really need to slow down. When you're tired everything is harder to deal with. Have you considered going part-time?

You too Lizzie - don't run yourself into the ground.

Carole, glad you'r expansion plans are proceeding! What part are you doing for the panto?

Helen, you sound like you're really enjoying your retirement. You really deserve it. I hope hubby continues to recover well. I know how you feel about the not sleeping though. I'm sleeping badly too at the moment (darned hot flushes). So much so I took a sleeping tablet last night. I feel sooo much better today after a good night's sleep.

As anniversaries go, 5th Nov is the 2nd anniversary of my first routine mammo. I dashed out of work, did the business, dashed back to work, without so much as a second thought. Blissful ignorance!

The job hunting is going - well, it's going. Absolutely nothing out there that I feel even slightly tempted by, apart from a couple of full time jobs, and I'm determined I'm not going back to full time. Goodness knows where Cameron thinks all those people he's going to get off benefits are going to find jobs!

Love to all as always. x

horace

Hi all and Congratulations to all passing the 2 year mark.
Jaq that sounds totally horrendous-you must be made of strong stuff to have been sent home so soon.
Jane will be indulging in baby worship-there is a photo of baby Chloe on facebook I think.
Rosie love I hope you get some 'you' time soon and that you'll be singing again.
Clare....much love and everything crossed for you for tomorrow.
Carole,Eliza,Debs,Nik,Helen,Val everyone[I know I have missed some]-all still here,all carrying on and all together even if we dont drop in as often as before-after all we were heading for Normality and many of us have arrived.
love Valxxx

scottishlass

Oh Jacq, What an ordeal for you to have to suffer. Perhaps they could do a little Plastic surgery on your nipple area. Plastic surgeons can be exceptionally skilled. I have an LD flap and was offered a new nipple/and tattoo but I declined but that was years and years ago. I have heard of that flesh eating disease and it is very nasty so I hope the super-duper antibiotics sort the bu**ers out. A HUGE, but gentle hug is being sent right now to you. It is good to have you back as we have missed your posts even although you are popping in to read.

Hi Helen, I love your posts too. I hope your husband continues to make a good improvement after his recent operation. Writing poetry....well done....you have now been put forward to be the Storm Riders Poet Laureate but we want to see one of your poems too! I think "Keeeeeep dancing" has a perfect meaning for us storm riders.

Hi Rosie Sorry you are having a run-around with that certain bank. Putting your PhD on the back burner is a shame ...but its something us ladies often do....always caring for everyone else before ourselves. I wish I could join you all at Ross but its just a wee bit too far for me to go....although I did tow the caravan back from Cornwall in one go.....so it wouldn't be impossible! Maybe another time.
Hi Clare, Will be rooting for you on Monday. Hope it goes better than you think and all is ok.
Hi CaroleD, How much longer to you have to go before you are fully inflated? I am sorry that you had such an awful time with the damaged one. Well done you for still being in the Panto. You are a plucky lass.
Hi Victoria, I am sorry that you are having such a stressful time at work. That AND the renovations, no wonder you are stressed with all this going on. Just how do you cope at all?

If I have missed anyone I am sorry but love to you all.

I am feeling well at the moment and go back to see my Oncologist in 3 weeks time. Meantime my elderly father has an appointment for a lumber puncture and I am worried about him. He is 85 soon and he was at the Haematology clinic while I was away. I am taking him to the hospital this time but he doesn't realise ( I don't think) that the ward he is going to is the cancer ward I go to to get my chemo. His sister had a blood cancer and died about 5 years ago so I am concerned that he may have something similar. We can't tell Mum as she is in a nursing home and would just "over worry", if you know what I mean. I don't have siblings and although I am an old bird myself and have been through it all I may have to come on here for your support. I feel that it is not good news for him.

Hope you all have a pleasant weekend and the sun is shining where you are. Love Val

notyetinthebox

Thanks, Helen.

I think one of the scariest bits is that they gave me a letter to keep on my person until I see them again on Monday, which explains the situation should I get rushed into the nearest A&E - ooer!

Nope, that's me done on the voluntary op front! Think they said I'd have to go in for a tidy up one in the near future anyway - stitch up the hole possibly? (I keep having visions of the LD flap bursting out.)

If it's needs anything further done on the cosmetic front, I think I'll just reach for the felt tips (anti-toxic ones, of course) - lol!

xJacqx

nell

Oh my great goodness Jacq! what a dire infection you've had and mighty scarey as well. so much sympathy for you ((hugs)). tough old bird or not, you soooooooooo didnt need that on your plate! Such a simple op as well.....I hope it 'drops' off now without any more repercussions love. Will you be having another one done in the future, thats probs a decision for later and so what if you dont, the world wont stop! Take great care Jacq and I hope it eventually works out for you missus! Heaven knows you deserve it!

Helenxxx

notyetinthebox

Morning, Helen! Before I start, Jane became a proud grandmother last week - keep up missus!

Yeah, I know, stranger in the camp! Don't write on here much now, but thought I would poke my nose in, as it's my 2 year wotsit tomorrow.

You write such lovely posts, Helen, that I had to add something, if only just to say that! And I have been popping on to read everybody else's, just don't write too often now - moving on, and all that. So, I'll be really lazy and just echo everything that Helen's said re: all you other lovelies, because she's just about covered everything, and wish you all much love and luck (especially for you on Monday, Clare).

Well, all been going good for me lately, so guess I was due another disaster. Had nipple recon 2 weeks ago, this then got infected with an extremely rare bacteria that comes from something such as infected river water. Anyway, to cut a long story short - have been on 'normal' antibiotics for a week - discharge (the worst smell ever!) gradually got worse, went to doc's for daily dressing yesterday - they weren't happy, hospital rang me, and got rushed in to hospital as emergency. Pandemonium, packed clinic, got rushed in to a room full (and I mean full) of docs and nurses. Heap of tests, etc.

Anyway, turns out that none of them have ever come across this bacteria/infection before, which can quickly turn into a tissue eating disease, which then spreads through the body like wildfire - resulting in death! Sounds dramatic, I know, but that's exactly what it was like. I know I'm a tough old bird, but never been so frightened in my life - the last 2 years were nothing in comparison.

Lucky, lucky me. After a few hours, they all agreed that I looked too well to be admitted and got sent home with supadupa antibiotics. I think I'll look healthy even when I'm laid out!

So ... new nipple now completely black and will definitely drop off ... so that was worth it then. Couldn't leave well alone, could I? I should have known better with my track record.

Lord knows where I got that infection from - I know bad stuff can come out of shower heads, but mine's been busted for the last few months, so only have baths that are cleaned out with bleach after every use. I know I live near the Thames, but I don't go for a daily dip or anything.

So that's a poor me, me, me post got off my chest - just before the black bit follows 😞

You're right, I couldn't have offloaded all of this on Facebook!

Love and luck to all, xJacqx.

nell

Hi their lovely lasses, couldnt sleep so thought I'd post.
Clare love...the SR circle is huge, feel us with you on Monday, everything crossed that can be....((big hugs to you both love)). Keep us updated, and your hubby is a treasure.

All these 2yr anniversaries coming up, made me think just how quick, this year has gone by, so much happened! Here's to everyones 2nd, 3rd , 4th and beyond anniversaries in the future.Mines not till Jn next year.

Hope the councelling works for you Victoria...off loading your thoughts and feelings, may help a whole lot!
Hope things get sorted soon for you Rosie...you need a well earned break...
Eliza you have had a really good appointment which is good news love. Looking forward to Ross too! ( no not the one from Friends hehe)
Well Carole your expanders seem to be doing their job, and wont look wrinkley when they are grown up and fully expanded! Well at least its the right weather for jumpers eh!
Your a busy bee as always Lizzie, and deffo not the weather to have your 'top' down. It sounds like your area has expanded, maybe they could reduce your travelling, if you asked nicely that is.... take care missus.

Are you a gran yet Jane? Let us know when that lovely day arrives.
Sal how is the job hunting doing....ok I hope, dont give up.
Hi Vals, hope life is treating you both real good....

Hubby is doing well after his op, but he is one of the reasons I'm not getting much sleep. Yet he seems to manage sleeping quite well. Never mind at least I'm not working. And Debs I have started a poetry class too, just been the once, enjoyed it, apart from sitting in one position for two hours, but will go again. Wrote 3 this week. Inspired by hubby and his noisy snoring, hehehehe.

Positive vibes to everyone else, and as they say on Strictly ...'Keeeeeep dancing' (yep I know it doesnt fit, but its a nice idea!)
catch ya all later

Helenxxx

Eliza

Sorry to hear that things are tough, Victoria. I do hope that the counselling is helpful. I suspect that anniversary time is always going to be a bit difficult so that is probably not helping. I too am really looking forward to the next London meet in January - and Ross before that.

Hija, Carole! Glad to hear that you're expanding! Definitely a whoop from me as I had a very good final appointment with my genetic counsellor today. She helped me start wrapping this particular issue up and make the next lot of decisions. Looking forward to whoops from you as you cross off the next couple of landmarks ...

Debs, I think that the SRs are the best thing to come out of this whole business for me too.

Hope that you get the bank stuff sorted soon, Rosie. I'll email you about our Ross plans in the next few days.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Rosie_Womble

Hi peeps

Just a quickie - good luck for Monday Clare, and hope the expansion continues to your satisfaction Carole! Hugs all round to everyone else, as always!

Still wading through the treacle that is a certain high street bank's idea of efficiency in the wake of a bereavement (not!), whilst also awaiting final confirmation of my Mum's transfer from hospital to a Nursing Home. Then we 'just' have to sort out her flat, and it'll be Xmas rapidly followed by my 2 year check and mammo. One of these days I might be able to get back to my PhD...

Looking forward to the Ross meet, boy do I need some time out!
Rosie/Calam xxx

Debs4

Hello everyone,

Firstly, thanks to all for your kind words and understanding - it always means so much. My turn to get schmaltzy and say that I am so pleased I decided to respond to Sal's suggestion that I come over here and take a look see ... best decision I've made in a very long time.

Now to far more important matters: Clare m'dear, big big hugs from me too and I'm joining in with the SR circle of support. Thinking of you and vibing, vibing, vibing like mad for Monday.

Sounds like lots of anniversaries which must be so difficult, so hugs all round. Victoria, so sorry to hear that you're struggling and I'm pleased that you've got some counselling organised. Do hope it does the trick for you.

Sorry to hear about everyone who has been struggling or had/have worries. Its sad that every little thing has to be viewed as potentially more serious than it ever was before ... no-one needs the increased stress levels that must bring.

On the plus side, I'm loving the sound of your new life Helen and of Val(SL)'s inner peace - so very pleased for you both and you set a fine example to be followed. I know there is lots more that I've missed, but I won't get to finish and post if I try to read back again to refresh my memory.

Val(TOO), I'm glad your post wasn't the final one on this thread, but if those were to be the final words on the thread, I think it would be very fitting ...

Lots of love to all
Debs xx

CaroleD

Bummer Clare, but you're on the right track. Bring on that Monday and get it sorted! Have to admit I keep scanning my scar lines and feeling the old oxters (keep bumping into the edge of the expanders which is a bit wierd...) I reckon it'll take a long time before we really can just put this in the background, but ride fast and free anyway. That day will come. 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having a blip there Victoria, but you're taking positive steps about it. Ride on!

Expanders expanding - jings but it's a slow process, and it's not all smooth mounds growing. All folds and wrinkles and requirements to wear thick jumpers to disguise it all. Good job it's autumn! Had a heck of a job finding costumes for the last two shows that disguised it all. At least for panto I'll be at full expansion, so hopefully most of the wrinkles will be out. Can but hope.

Ovaries coming out mid December. Annual check up January. It would be really nice to get the all clear this time! 🙂

Ride well Storm Riders - I want to hear whoops, yeehaas, and laughter rolling across those skies!

brightlight28

Dear all,

So sorry I've not written on the site for a little while. Things have been so stressful at work that I've barely had time to do anything else though have been thinking about you all and keeping in touch with some through facebook. Wishing you lots of luck on Monday Clare. I can imagine how you must be feeling. Yes, Elisa you are right about my anniversary - and recently I've experienced a psychological set back, I think because of that, so much so that I've started counselling sessions. They are helping a bit.
At the moment our house and garden resemble a building site. Once we start on one project it seems to lead to another: we now have a new roof for example!

I'll try to get back to writing more regularly - and looking forward to the london meet in the new year (touch wood), and any others that I can manage to get to.

Love Victoria xxxxxx