376137posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

libby51

Re: Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Oh so quiet in here lately, where have all the stormraiders gone ? or are you meeting somewhere else.
Have my 2nd mammo since diagnosis next week, very nervous.
love to all xxxxxx

Eliza

Just stopping by Joe's (but declining the cocktails, thanks Yorkie!). Joining the circle of support for those going through hard times.

I will be with my other circle of support this weekend - the medieval crowd - but I'm still embroidering squares and will take them with me for tomorrow evening. So you will all be very much in my thoughts, especially you, Gennie.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

nell

Hi girls, especially lizzie and Clare, who isnt on fb. How are you doing girls. Lizzie your wish about the spring bringing the sun is here..fab, hope it stops. Clare how are you love and how are your 'girls'...
For those going through hard times yet, here are some positive vibes through the airways, especially for you and yours Gen...take care all.

Helenxxx

Eliza

Hope all the mothers have had a day of being spoilt and thanks to TOO for including those of us who aren't. Happy Day to us all!

Eliza xx

scottishlass

Happy Mothers Day Girls. Still popping in to see you all even though I am far away. Hugs Val

horace

A Happy Mothers' day from me to all of you-mothers or not 🙂

jjane123

Happy Mothers Day everyone. Val(sl) hope your having a really special time with your daughter in France.
xx

nell

Hi ..have a great time in France val, you deserve it! You enjoy yourself, try and forget about everything except relaxing. Fingers crossed for your mum love...it's hard eh! ((hugs))

helenxx

Eliza

All crossed, Val! Hope you have a wonderful time. Also positive SR vibes for the onc appointment when you get back. The visit to you Mum must have been difficult; so good your daughter was able to take it in her stride.

Have a lovely time with your daughter.

Eliza xx

scottishlass

Hi All, I am flying off to France tomorrow. Thought I would let you know in case you think I have kicked the bucket! I am SO excited as I haven't seen my daughter for 6 months. Have an early start as have booked a taxi to take us to the airport which is only a couple of miles away from here. I will be able to look in from my daughter's computer but won't be on line every day as we have a lot of catching up and serious shopping to do. I see my Oncologist when I return so I am putting all thoughts of BC on the back burner for a wee while. Take care, you lovely lot of ladies. Love Val
PS I went to visit my Mum today with my younger daughter. Mum didn't recognise her and thought it was her sister's grand daughter. It upset me but didn't seem to phase my daughter at all. This morning Mum was looking for her grandmother, so the nurses told me. It was her Mother she was looking for yesterday. I want you all to cross your fingers and toes that I don't need to return early from my holiday. I REALLY need this break. I have waited so long for this holiday. Keep well.

Eliza

Hi Clare,

Good news about your Mum.

Has your sill started her rads yet? I'm sure you are right that it will help for her to be so near to the hospital. My several hours round rush hour motorway journeys were very tiring!

How are you doing yourself?

Eliza xx

nell

Hi Clare all sounds really good. Pleased about your mums results and retirement not far off...you wont know how you managed to find the time to work!!All good eh!
Clare I've sent you a pm.

Helenxxx

RhodaBee

Hi Val, hope that cold goes away soon.

Hi Helen - good to hear from you. I'm doing OK. My Mum's results came back clear-such a relief. My sil is now waiting to start her radiotherapy. The hospital is just a few streets away from her home so, she won't have far to travel. I think that's the worst bit of radiotherapy when you have to travel a distance every day.

I had a good day in the garden last week, and the grand-daughters enjoyed the sunshine. I handed in my resignation last week. My last day will be in the middle of June and we have a party planned for the family as it is also close to my OHs 65th Birthday.

Love and hugs to everyone.

Clare XX

nell

Hey Val...hope your cold gets better soon love. You probably get everything thats going...I hope your daughter gets along just fine Val, its difficult isnt it. My two have pingponged back and forth between their lives and then back with us for a time. My daughter and grandson are now back with us, for the time being. Children are for life eh, not 9mths hehehehe
We are looking forward to our hols next tuesday, a bit of 'me' time for a while.
You take care of yourself love and its nice to see you on FB too.

Hi Clare how are you love. Hope things are ticking over nicely.

take care everyone else
Helenxxx

scottishlass

Hi Helen, I think everyone must be busy this weekend. Maybe they are making use of the sunshine and out in the garden. I have just looked out the window and the moon is huge and so bright. My OH has told me that he read that the moon is as close as it will be for 20 years or so.
My YD has moved into a new rented house just a few streets away. I went round tonight to see how the place was looking now that she has all her stuff in.....recognised quite a lot of my stuff too ....haha I am just finger crossing that she manages on her own, with the bills etc. But she is an adult woman so she needs to get into her own place again. ( She moved back in with us a few years ago).
I am full of the cold and have spent a lot of time in bed this afternoon. I planned to read and rest.....ended up falling sound asleep after a few pages...
Hope everyone is fit and well. Looking forward to reading all your news. Love Val

nell

Hi folks just to bump the thread ...

Eliza

Hi all,

Hope this weekend has been better, Val, and yes I think yiu are right abiut the common sense thing. If I remember correctly, mixing up people's clothes is one of the things that gets places marked down on their inspection reports. Scone Palace is nearish to where I grew up.

Glad to hear that your mum is okay, Clare. Great news for your s-i-l. With all that is going on it is probably not the best moment to reduce the meds - much better to wait until yiu don,t have everything else to worry about. Perhaps we need a SR panto ...

Love to all,
Eliza xx

scottishlass

Hi everyone, hope you have all noticed that the site will be off line from Monday for three days for a revamp.
Yes Val (TOO), Mum's clothes are all labelled....I know because I do them myself. They have a sewing room but it is only a part time job so it takes ages for anything to come back. So I prefer to do it myself. I spoke to the head charge nurse and after I told them that she had no trousers, they searched the laundry and 5 pairs have now appeared.....but when would they have got round to it if I hadn't asked??? Do you know what I think is missing from many jobs these days.....Common Sense....it just seems to fly out of the window.
I have been away out to Scone Palace in Perthshire today to visit my BIL and his good lady who are camping there in the caravan. We planned to go out for a meal but the restaurant of our choice was fully booked so we ended up having sausages and beans....cooked outside of course....had a great chinwag and a very pleasant day. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Love Val

nell

Hi all...Clare nice to hear from you. You stick in there girl... you have been through a lot yourself and to go through it again emotionally with your mum and sil is tough, bringing back all the memories. I'm sure your doc is doing what she thinks is best, and you know yourself if you need that extra 'boost' so if its what you need, then accept it for now and come off the anti ds when you feel you can manage. Other than that, you keep your hands and mind very busy, so you dont have time to think, just enough time to be there for your mum and sil.Big hugs Clare for you and your relatives,((hugs))

Helenxxx

RhodaBee

Happy (Very belated) Birthday Val, glad to hear your blood results had improved.

Thank you all so much for your positive vibes. Mum is OK after the operation but was very tired the last time we spoke. Haven't asked her yet about results - I guess it will be a couple of weeks.

My Sister-in-law got good results back. No spread to lymph nodes, now waiting to see if the lump was ER/PR +ve.

All of this has put me back somewhat, I had tried to reduce the antidepressants after feeling so well, but I saw my GP to-day and she agreed that I need to continue taking them for a while longer. She said I mustn't think of it as a failure. But that is one of my things I'm always so hard on myself.

Helen - I would love to see you in Panto! Eliza - I think it would be well worth a trip.

Hi Rosie good to hear you seem to be 'enjying' uni work again.

Love to all

Clare

nell

Happy st Davids day and belated white rabbits!
Oh Val so glad you were able to start your morphine again, bit of a rubbish deal for you eh! Tiredness and lack of energy or pain, rock and a hard place love, tons of sympathy and hugs to you. Grrrr you tell em about your mums stuff, I can understand one or two going missing but not a dozen or more, give em a good roasting Val...

OOOOh Rosie....Rosie and ????? up a tree ...k i s s i n g!We'll watch this space then!!hehehe
Hi there Val, when does your marking start again! You are looking good on your profile too...

Hey Eliza...if I do take a part in the panto, it will be a small one, so not worth the haul up here....but thanks love, a lovely thought!

Di I hope they now get your thyroid sorted now, honestly your shoulder is really going on the back burner isnt it....big hugs love and thinking about you.

Helenxxx

horace

Oh Val so sorry about the pain and that you have the hassle of sorting out your mum's stuff too.Are her clothes labelled?
Rosie (((((00000))))) if anyone deserves a bit of happiness it's you.
Love to you all

Valxx

scottishlass

Hi Rosie, all the best for your new relationship. Hope it all goes well. You deserve some nice times to look forward to.
I had a very bad weekend. I had been reducing my morphine with the approval of my GP to see if I would be less tired on a lower dosage. There were a few aches and pains for a few days but on day 8 I awoke around 3am (Saturday) and was in extreme pain until 7am. Luckily I had liquid morphine in the house so once that kicked in I felt a bit better. To cut a long story short I am back at my usual amounts of MST. It just goes to show what an old crock I would be without the correct pills! I had pain in both buttocks, my ribs, clavicle,neck and thigh and was crying with the pain. But I am feeling better today and the pain is under control at last.
My OH has been looking after me well and stopping me from doing what I shouldn't be doing. I have been out and about today and went to see my Mum and gave her a pedicure and massaged her feet. She seemed much more relaxed after I did that. I went into her wardrobe and took out two thick cardigans ti bring home to wash. She should have around 18 pairs of trousers as the nursing home do most of her laundry. She had 2 pairs left, plus the ones she was wearing. If they don't find them I am putting in a HUGE claim form as I sick to the back teeth of having to keep buying more and then putting her name on them all. Sorry....Rant over...thanks for listening AGAIN! Love to all Val XX

Eliza

Happy St David's Day and happy other 1st March customs, whatever you are celebrating!

Great news, Rosie. Look forward to hearing more in due course...

I bet the tablet went down a treat, Sandra, and that you've now got them coming back week after week.

We could have a SR outing to see you in the panto next year, Helen.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Rosie_Womble

Happy St David's Day everyone!

Also wanted to share the news, already referred to on FaceBook, that I have just embarked on a new relationship 🙂
(Not saying anything else as yet, don't want to tempt Providence...!) Rxxx

sandra44

Happy Birthday Val,hope you have had a lovely day.

Whoo hoo Lizzie nice to hear from you,well done Sal for your publicity.
Hope your Mum is okay Clare and you are getting your energy levels back.

Ooh Egyptian dancing Eliza, demonstration at next meet methinks !

Hope you enjoyed the panto Helen...ooh yes I do....

Am just thawing out after a day at the market,and the Scottish tablet worked a treat,hooked them in with a free sample then sold them a bag of goodies to give them their sugar fix.Will keep you posted on my next step of world domination...

Sandra x

nell

Hi all....big hugs for you and your mum Clare...positive vibes coming your way love. Glad the twins have recovered well, and its good they have the childhood illnesses now than when they are older, its just the energy levels of the 'carer' that is the worry hahaha

Linda ...hope you get your answers about the calcifications, it is frustrating that 'they' dont always put things in black and white, so you are left wondering...but you do right putting it to the back of your mind and like Eliza says, probably nothing to worry about...

VAL!!! sorry this is late, but have been busy looking after my grandson these last two days so not had much time for the computer.
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LOVE!!!! Carry on with the meat and red wine, its a treat and you should be allowed to enjoy it...there is always a band waggon for folk to jump on and meat and wine is the latest!! Keep your spirit up lass, that feeling that you want to do things, but your energy levels wont let you is common isnt it, but you have been through and still are going through a lot....Will you be allowed to reduce your morphine intake, or is it ok? Can understand it making you tired though.....take care love, take it easy, but enjoy the small pleasures in life....mmmmm wine and meat.......

Di I hope your appt for your shoulder is soon sorted for you, you've waited a long time for it, and now Dex is on the mend the timing is better!

take care all
just taking grandson to a local panto, the one I am used to be in but havent been for 3 yrs, but am thinking I might get back up there this next year.....'Oh no I wont', 'Oh yes I will' hehehe

Helenxxx

Hi rosie, we crossed. I think the longer they take to give results, is really annoying, but I think its good news too. So hope you get your results soon.....its a long thesis you have to do, good luck with that too....

Rosie_Womble

Hi all

Just popping my head in to let the non-FB folk know I had lunch with Ros yesterday - she is doing well,and has just taken delivery of a new machine so should be joining us back in cyber-space pretty soon.

I have (at long last) finished the first draft of the latest chapter of my thesis today - plonked a hard copy in my tutor's In-Tray and then left the department whistling merrily! Now to see to all the cleaning/ironing and such like that hasn't been touched whilst slaving over a hot keyboard.

Still not heard anything from hospital following my squishagram on Friday 11th, so trying to convince myself no news is good news (they said wait 14 days for results - aarrgh!)

Lots of love and hugs
Rxxx

Eliza

Happy Birthday, Val! Have you done anything special? Hope your OH had something planned! Thanks for posting the square. The dancing isn't painful, it is just a bit odd! I'm sure the technique will suddenly click - at least, that is what the experienced dancers say! At the moment all I have is the jangling scarf/belt and I just use a long full cotton skirt and strappy top. Did you respond to the Consultation about the proposed DLA changes? I did a response as part of work. I suspect that your GP and Oncologist are right - at the moment at least you are probably okay. One of my concerns is that this may be the thin end of the wedge - especially the plan to have two rather than three levels of the care component.

It does sound like your onc doesn't think there is a problem, Linda, so a good plan not to wast worry over it.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

scottishlass

Hello Everyone,

Eliza, your fabric is in the post and you should receive it soon. Sorry I forgot to do it sooner. Your Egyptian dancing sounds painful! My niece does belly dancing and loves it. Hope you have the appropriate outfit for yours too!
Linda, Have you to see your Oncologist again about the calcifiation spots? I hate it when things are not made clear and you are left wondering. I always come out of the appointments wishing I had asked something or mentioned something small that was worrying me. I do ask lots of questions and make a list but it is usually when I get home that the questions arise. I keep telling my GP and Oncologist that I am worried about the changes the Government intend to make to people on benefits. They think I have nothing to worry about. But I am less convinced and it does worry me that we will be left with nothing to live on. I don't think they realise just how big a worry it is for many of us.
Di, I hope you get your shoulder sorted out soon. I will be thinking of you on the 1st and hope it gets sorted this time. I know what you mean about one step forward and two steps back.
Clare, Keep think about you and your Mum. I went to visit my Mum today and she was very low. I come away feeling flatter than I did when I went in. Life just holds no joy for her anymore. Still it gave my Dad time to rest and do what he wanted this afternoon.
My bloods came back better as my HB has increased ( thanks to the red wine and red meat consumed! Then the Sunday papers tell us that we are eating too much red meat. Cannot win! Now something else showing up in bloods that is a bit high so GP keeping eye on that and my weight. But I am anything but thin so my having no appetite is not making me lose weight. Luckliy my OH keeps puting food in front of me,,,just wish I felt hungry...I could go all day without thinking to eat.....never used to feel like that. I am also reducing my morphine intake to see if that will help me feel LESS tired as I feel tired all the time. The head wants to do things but my body says otherwise.
My birthday tomorrow so hope my OH has something up his sleeve. Maybe lunch and the cinema? Who knows> Last year I was in France celebrating with my daughters boyfriend as we share the same birthday.
Hugs to all needing one, best wishes to everyone else. Love Val

elljaydee

Hello all,

A quick hello to the non FBookers. Just reading your posts over last few days and had to come and comment. I have read the Alison Pearson novel (last year on holiday). It brought back loads of memories for me and like you Di, I have a very varied music diet. (I have seen both David Cassidy and Deep Purple live)

I had an appointment today with oncologist and all ok but he mentioned there was calcification spots on it. He said he didnt think they meant anything but they were waiting to compare them to the last two I had (which were done at a different hospital) I reminded him that I had lobular cancer and that it does not show up readily on a mammogram. Anyway, will have to wait and see again. Sure they will call me if it is anything. And, if it was, surely that would mean the tamoxofen wasnt working properly? I refuse to think anything sinister and am going to obliterate it from my memory.

Hope your mum is ok Clare, Sal My plumbing has been leaky too since the chemo. I had an operation a few years back to fix a prolapse so I dont think they would give me another one. Dont know. I am just resigned to being a Tena lady LOL.

Anyway, keep well everyone and catch some of you on fb.

All the best
Linda

Piper

Just dropping in to say hi and apologise for being awol, I see a lot of you on FB I know.

As those on FB know I went for my shoulder op and got as far as being admitted and marked up with marker pen and the aneasthetist wouldn't go ahead as my thyroid levels were high and the goitre in my neck in the way of where she wanted to do a 'block' anaesthetic. Hey ho - next day the endocrine consultant phoned me and said they'll see me on 1st for ultrasound and meds etc. I just want to get things done but it's one step forward and two back at the moment!

Sal, I know what you mean about work, but I'm sure they'll be understanding - we're mostly 'old school' as I call it on here and like to do a good job and take it seriously. Great news on being the local celeb - anyone asked for an autograph yet?!

Lovely to hear from you Lizzie, sorry you're not a FB fan but I know what you mean, as Helen said, maybe just join the one group and not have a public profile page?

Eliza, you do do some unusual things, only you could come up with Egyptian dancing but well done you ;-)We'll be calling you Shakire before you know it!

Hope your Mum gets on okay Clare, we've just got through abowel cancer scare with my Mum so I know what a worry it is so big hugs.

Love to everyone else, hope your blood tests were okay Val.

I think I was a bit of an oddball teenager as I had David Cassidy next to Deep Purple on my bedroom wall and I can still listen to either quite happily.

Big hugs all round, Di xxxxxxxxx

Eliza

Good that you don't have long to wait, Sal, but I know what you mean about the job. Still, it can't be helped and I'm sure that they'll understand that. A two page spread for Race for Life is great.

Positive SR vibes for your Mum, Clare. I guess we are back to the fact that once we've had bc everything gets done much more thoroughly. Hope your cold is now clearing up. I've started Egyptian dancing, which is good because I can go at my own pace at the moment. I grew up doing reels and Scottish dancing, which I love. Ages ago I used to go to a club where one of the members had MS and had to be a bit careful with the faster reels. She was fine with the more stately strathspeys though. The problem I'm having with the Egyptian dance is the isolations; learning how to move my upper body without moving my hips is not proving easy!

Love to all,
Eliza xx

RhodaBee

Hi everyone, sorry I’ve been missing for a while. I shouldn’t tempt fate. After saying how strong I was feeling, things have been a bit tough. Our twin 3 year old grand-daughters had chicken pox and we looked after them for 2 whole days. They were very brave bless them!. I was exhausted afterwards which let a nasty cold bug through my defences. Plus my Mum is having a precautionary op on one of her breasts next Monday. She had a discharge from the nipple, mammogram and everything showed up fine, but as she has had bc before, I think they want to make sure. She is 85, and even tho’ it is only an hours op, I can’t help worrying.

Great news Helen on your celar bone scan and Lizzie on your recent mammogram. Val (SL) hope the blood results are fine.

Hi Eliza enjoy the dance class – is it English Country dancing. I started Scottish Country dancing, but my energy levels aren’t up to it yet and I hated walking it through.

Hi Sal, your claim to fame sounds great. Hope the op works out fine.

Love to you all

Clare XXX

nell

Hi girls....Are they fixing your prolapse Sal? Maybe its better sooner, regardless of whatever else is going on, that way you can recover and enjoy the spring.....I'm sure they wont mind too much about your job, it cant be helped....Nice to see you are keeping up with your skills as 'flower lady'...Make sure you cut your piece out of the paper, for your proof of 15mins of fame...lol well done you!!

Val hope your bloods are ok love...
Hope your tripped the light fantastic Eliza... dance that is!!

keep well all
Helenxxx

salopets

Great news Helen! Why do they think making you wait for 9 weeks is a good idea, when they can inform your GP in a much shorter time? Madness….

Great to hear from you Lizzie and I’m glad you’re still enjoying your work. Is your son still enjoying Cardiff? Is he used to the rain yet? Lol I am on facebook, but rarely use it. I only joined because my kids kept saying ‘the photos are on fb’.

I wasn’t a David Cassidy, Donnie Osmond or David Essex fan. Led Zepplin etc was more my thing. It still is to be honest. Robert Plant’s recent stuff has been great.

Well, not only did I get my mug in the paper last week, I got almost a whole page spread and a small pic at the top of the front page with ‘turn to page….’ Well, that’s my 15 minutes used up! Cancer Research UK wrote a press release and the paper printed the whole thing virtually verbatim. Easy stuff for them; I spoke to the reporter on the phone for a few minutes and the photographer took about 5 minutes, so not exactly difficult! They had a two page spread promoting the Race for Life, which was good.

I saw the gynae three weeks ago and he recommended surgery. I asked him how long and he said 3-4 months so I agreed to go ahead. Got a letter last week giving me a date for 4th March. Great in a way, but I feel really bad about the job. I agreed to do to the end of March and now it looks like I’ll have to have virtually the whole of March off. The job’s likely to be ongoing, but I feel awful about not being around at a very busy time. I don’t want to put if off though, as I’m doing wedding flowers for a friend of my daughter at Easter and need to be fit for that. Pre-op next Thursday and once this is over, I hope my body will stop falling apart!!

Love to all xx

scottishlass

Great news Helen, Always worth asking.....I always do too! I am off to my GP tomorrow for blood tests results but not expecting anything nasty so will not be losing any sleep over it....just hope I wake up in time as I am HOPELESS in the morning. Love Val

Eliza

Great news, Helen. So pleased that you didn't have to wait for the other appointment. I'll be off to my dance class soon, but will see you in Joe's later!

Hi, Lizzie. Yes, whatever the prognosis a clear mammo is always going to be a relief now.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

nell

Hi all those who arent on fb, I wanted to post my good news on here. I had my 3monthly review with my GP today. I told him I'd had a bone scan and pelvic scan and did he have results, worth a try....guess what he did!! He said yes and told me. Both are CLEAR! I have some arthritis, that to be honest ,I never really discussed with him much, except to say I could manage it, I was just soooo pleased that he had been able to tell me and I didnt have 9wks to wait for one of my scans results!!
We are going to book a hol now..........Hope all is well for everyone else too...

Yippee Ki ay!!!Joe set em up!!!
Helenxxx

nell

Hi Lizzie....yeah 2yrs ago...sounds real good now doesnt it! Davidy cassidy was my 'thing' back then. And the song you are singing, I have upstairs on vinyl in its own sleeve, and I have a small record player, so can still here those melodic vibes 'man'......

I've responded more on the private SR site, than I have all this time on my facebook page, but its useful for keeping in touch wih family that i dont see too much of, especially my bro in spain!!
But yeah I do understand your reluctance.

Well hope you and your horses are still having tons of happy 'runs' out on the range thar gal! Take care now missus! Keep in touch here, now and then Lizzie, its great to hear from you. Actually we do have your e.mail address dont we....duh! Just realised.

take care love
Helenxxx

LizzyM

Hi all, especialy the ever lovely Helen, looking fab in your photo!
The first person ever to respond to my very first post - and look at us now, 2 years on!

Funny, I was thinking about Theresa, wondering how she was, and hoping everything was going fine for her. Please, send her my love, via FB, but I am still gonna resist!! I just seem to spend so much time on the old laptop with work, I just know, if ever I went down the FB route, addiction would be just a click away!!

Also, with a student son at uni, on FB.......I have promised him I won't go there! He would feel like his mum is breathing down his neck....I'd rather not know too much about his goings on!

Although, it is a worry how naive these kids are about what they are happy to put "out there" ....once it's there, it's there! I have lectured my boys on the subject...whether or not they've taken it in or not, well! Bit of a worry that so many of our young adults are going to have a completely new "computer identity" when they are in the big wide job market world, 'cos they been so indiscriminate about what they've posted when young/in drink!!

Feeling old!!

On that note, anyone read the new Allison Pearson novel - about being a David Cassidy fan back in the '70s? - called "I think I love you"....it brings back memories! Me, definately a Cassidy not an Osmond girlie - but the other David (Essex!) did it for me!! I do like her writing, funny, clever and strikes a note.

Come on, girls.....all together...."Could it be forever..." oh! just me then?!

Ha!
Lizzy xx

nell

Morning all....Oh how great to hear from you Lizzie. Like everyone else you are putting things behind you and getting on with life...just as it should be. You are one busy hard working lady as usual...The facebook thing, is that Theresa has created a group talking space, that only those who are invited re SRs are on. We go on there and chat, and no one else can see what we say. If you fancied facebook, with just having acess to that, its possible, I think! But its great to hear from you Lizzie, hope your lad is doing fine also. Great news about your mammo, and yep it is a relief...
Fingers crossed that spring weather 'turns up' soon.....

Val and Eliza the drugs you are on sound pretty powerful stuff, not nice! I guess you have to take it as it comes though.
Eliza, the appt to see gynae chap was made before i had the scan, so I'm thinking that unless there is anything that needs sorting, then the appt wont be put forward. In truth I would like it sooner but, itll be fine.

take care all ,
Helenxx

LizzyM

Well HALLLOOOOOOOOO! Shouting from the distance!

I've had a catch up, lovely to see old friends and hear how everyone is doing, in time for Carole's drinkie in Joe's!

I have been keeping an eye on you all, but I just felt like looking in for a while to make sure everyone was fine, I feel I've been sort of trying to "put things behind me" - if that makes sense? Not the SRs, that is something far too lovely and special to put put away in a box, but just the rest of that bit of 2009.

Like most of us now, I think, I've had my 2nd mammo, which was fine. I know I am unlikely to have repeat problems, with it being DCIS etc, but it was still a huge relief!

Here's to spring (hopefully!) just around the corner, the snow was a nightmare with the horses, frozen water and so on, Christmas was a blur of very hard work and no income! Work is busy, as ever, but I'm OK with it, have a great boss which makes all the difference.

And, on that note, best get in the car and get on with it!!

I'm also on email, if anyone fancies a "chat" - and thanks for the Facebook requests, I'm sorry to ignore tham, but I have decided not to "do" Facebook, I looked at it out of curiousity years ago and decided it was far too scary!!

Take care, my lovely SRs,
Love
Lizzie/Libby/Nancy

Eliza

I wait for an hour, Val, but then I only have to do it once a week. I really do miss my morning coffee that day though! I was told to wait 4 hours before taking the Adcal. Sounds like you will get the shawl finished before the baby arrives now.

I remember being asked the latex question, Helen! They have to ask it each time too. Fortunately for me, the last scan was done by the radiologist herself so she was able to tell me informally on the spot that she thought it all seemed okay. But also, as it is part of the study she didn't have to worry about professional issues with a referrer. She is the person who reviews all the study scans anyway. It was also less uncomfortable than the previous one done by the sonographer, but still somewhat ouchy! I know you're not too worried, but really I think making you wait until April shows a somewhat thoughtless attitude.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

scottishlass

Hi Helen, I have been doing this "keeping upright" thing for over a whole year now. But it is a drug to strengthen my bones so it is very important. You can get a similar drug by drip but it means going into the ward every month. The reason you need to remain upright is that it can seriously damage your throat/larnx. You need to have fasted for 7 hours too, and not eat or drink or take any other painkillers or pills for at least half an hour although most of the ladies I know wait for an hour.....I am just dying for a cup of tea when I wake up.
Shawl almost finished. Have been at it all weekend ( the shawl I mean!) and have sewn most of it up although I still have about 18 inches of edging to knit.....then I need to pin it all out to get the pointy edges right. So getting there but less time on the laptop because of that. Hope everyone has a good week. Love V

nell

Morning all
Val i have appt with gynae chap in april, so results will be in 9wks when i see him. But thats fine, cos if they dont ring me up sooner, i know everything is ok...thats the way I see things!

Is the reason you have to sit up, due to some medication you take? Its extra stuff for you to go through every day isnt it! But you just have to eh! And what better way to do it than in bed...good move missus!

take care all
Helenxx

scottishlass

Morning everyone, I am propped up in bed having a lie in and listening to radio 4. My Oh has noe brought up my laptop for me to look at my "mail" as he calls it. Think he must just be enjoying the peace downstairs! I need to sit upright for an hour each morning so sitting up in my bed is another option!
Helen, how long will the results take to come through? Keep us posted. I am sure you must still be a bit worried but it is sensible to get it all checked out. Hopefully all is well. Loved the latex question! hee hee
Sandra, I didn't watch the rugby match (which we always usually do on TV) but the atmosphere in the town with all the rugby supporters was great. Welsh Flafs everywhere and the pubs patrons flowing out into the street. Great atmosphere all round.....even though we lost!
To everyone else. I hope you are all doing ok. Let us know how you all are. Love Val

nell

hi girls, 5feet of edging val er very impressed missus! My mum knitted me a poncho when I was about 11yrs old, I really loved it, it was better than my sisters cos she crocheted hers, so good luck with your task. You sound also to be kicking back your heels and indulging you for a change, good lass....

Sheila, we have our half term after this next week too. I'll be looking after grandson a bit. Have you thought about going part time Sheila, not sure, but I think they have to offer that if you ask for it and it is a good way into retirement too. Really dont blame you for thinking of that....

Sandra you are one busy person, you have really built up your business from nothing to something really worth while. Havent seen my family much, cos they've been watching the rugby at my daughters all day yesterday. They usually travel to Wales, but not done this time. They had won so in a good mood...thank goodness!!

I feel like I've turned a corner with my retirement Sheila, I felt a bit guilty for long enough, but OH will be retiring this year too, but not because he wants to, but maybe we can do lots together....

I had my transabdominal pelvic ultrasound on fri. Sounds grand, its not, just rubs my belly with ultrasound thingy.
She couldnt see what she needed to so ended up having another internal, this time with a probe....sounds Star Treky, doesnt it!! I had to stop myself from laughing out loud, when she asked me if I was allergic to latex! I smiled, said I wasnt, and she said its because, they put a condom on the probe to keep it clean! Always something new eh!
My right side was fine, but the left side hurt a bit. Been having intermittant small pains there since last summer, but with all the usual aches/pains that we ALL have, I didnt think too much of it. Oh I also tried to ask if she could send results on to my own GP, but she said no....got to try havent you!Will have to wait while April.

I think all is fine, our bodies are just real sensitive to stuff nowadays!

So hope all are trundling on nicely, it sounds it thank goodness!
Wayhey for the SRs...

Helenxxx

sandra44

Good luck with the shawl Val, am just drowning my sorrows after the rugby result,not good living in Wales !
We have still got another week to go before half term Sheila,am enjoying my time off from the market but had better think about going back in next couple of weeks,though am still supplying a shop and got a funeral tea for 50 to cater for on Monday so keeping the oven ticking over.

Sandra x

smelltheroses

Hi Helen and Val. Just popping on to see who's there. Hope you both have a lovely weekend. Half term for me now.... Helen, how is the retirement going? My thoughts drift ever more often in that direction......... xxxx