cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange private message

6 REPLIES 6
2catlady

Re: Strange private message

Omg! Belinda,that's terrible,god I've lived a sheltered life. I'm gob smacked that people would stoop to those levels. I bet whoever the "cancer cure" person is wanted money for the cure on their link. Makes my skin crawl,to think of people like that. Well I hope they never find themselves with SBC or someone they love.
belinda

This sort of thing has happened before. A while ago now I and others received a PM from someone who wanted my bank details to give me a large sum of money which, if I remember correctly, belonged to his late sister who had died of BC. Not very nice to know even a BC site is targeted by scammers. 😐
Bevlaar

Very bizarre...no sorry i havent had anything like that but a bit worrying?
Bev xxx
2catlady

Thanks ,Helen BCC xx
HelenL_BCC

Hi both,

Thank you very much for raising this. We've banned the user and notified our support team. They will investigate this further. You're absolutely right pinky3, don't follow the link. We'll post an announcement to let people know.

Thanks again and apologies that you received this!

Best wishes,

Helen

pinky3

Yes I had the same message. I have reported it to the moderators as I was concerned. I would recommend that no one follows the link in the message as it seems a little suspicious.

2catlady

Strange private message

Hi,has anyone else had a strange private message . Someone called rotbib. They have no details listed as I clicked on name and don't know who they are.
It says you can cure cancer if you click on some link. ???!!!