Strattice Reconstruction

Hi All

I’ve post this on behalf of new user Andrea:

Hi

I had a mastectomy in July last year and wish to now have a strattice reconstruction. Can anybody recommend a London based plastic surgeon who can undertake this procedure. I feel that I am being charged in telephone numbers by surgeons who are just out to make money. I do have BUPA insurance and would be interested to know if they were able to pay for this procedure and what route your surgeon took.

Thanks

Andrea

Kind regards.

Louise
Facilitator

Don’t know about London but I have recently moved from Cornwall to Somerset and have opted to stay with Cornwall as they are offering me a strattice reconstruction (L mastectomy 2 years ago in Cornwall)
The surgeon has said that with choose and book you can go where you want but I am not sure whether that works in practice -it may have been easier for me having been with Cornwall anyway up to that point. Op booked for December 14th

Hello, I have read on the Breast Cancer Heaven site that a surgeon possibly does this type of work.He is giving a talk on recon there this month sometime.There must be others who do it too I would think.