Study at Guys

Just pushing this up - Bonita’s heads-up about a study being done at Guy’s on how people who have had breast cancer deal with the diagnosis and treatment and what factors help to foster and build resiience.The results will help inform professionals as to how best to support people who have had breast cancer. I’ve signed up to the study so as to do my little bit in helping to support people in the future. You have to have had diagnosis and active treatment within last 12 months.

I found it hard to find the thread again - it’s 3rd March, under Living with breast cancer, -  but this link may help.

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Living-with-breast-cancer/Want-to-take-part-in-a-research-study/m-p/1097120/highlight/true#M91584

They need 70 people, and I’m sure nationwide they won’t have too much trouble finding them. xx

OOOPS - sorry - not Guys, but Kings! Blame the Anastrozole. x

Thanks, Optimissy, I also expressed interest.
ann x

Hi everyone. This can be done at Guy’s as well if more convenient location wise. A very interesting study that I’ve taken part in.

I’d say Guy’s is far easier as in central London/on the tube (London Bridge). Kings/The Institute of Psychiatry is in Camberwell in South East London. You can get an overground train to Denmark Hill but I’d still suggest Guy’s if you can arrange an appointment there. You can always pop into Borough Market afterwards as a treat.

Both wonderful hopsitals and I appreciate I’m lucky to live in travelling distance of them both. 

xx