cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcarinal lymph node removal

10 REPLIES 10
Anneliese

Re: Subcarinal lymph node removal

These appeared last year. I developed a cough. Current treatment is still paclitaxol and avastin. I have 2 more cycles to go if I can tolerate the side effects then on to maintenence chemo. Don't know what that entails yet. And yes. ..it is tiring being strong. But better tired than give up. X
Deni1960

Sorry to hear that. Has it only just appeared or was it there from the off? What treatment are they now giving you?  Staying strong gets tiring doesn't it :-(. Xxx

Anneliese

I have one in my right lung too.
Deni1960

Good news that your tumours have shrunk - hopefully even more so by August. I've been put on letrozole and have another scan on 25 July to see what's happening. Was your recurrence only in your subcarinal node and nowhere else?!

Anneliese

Well..I have had 6 rounds of chemo and was told recently that the tumours have shrunk by over 50%. I was going to be put onto maintenence chemo after the 6th cycle but i asked to remain on on this combo for a bit longer seeing as it is working so well. Another scan in august. .then I think I will ask to be referred to a thoracic surgeon.
Deni1960

Just seen your reply. Yes, I get the impression it isn't common. Mine disappeared after chemo for lymphoma but I've learned today that the scan showed it may be awakening again. I'm considering my options and interested in what action you took. 

Deni1960

Anneliese. You and I have something in common. Did you progress to treatment or did you have the node removed?  Deni. 

Anneliese

It's certainly a **bleep** place for it to pop up
Deni1960

Hi Anneliese, I've just been diagnosed with a positive subcarinal lymph node. It was found by chance on. PET/CT scan for something else - I've just been diagnosed with a gastric lymphoma but back in 2001 and again in 2008 I had HER2+++ breast cancer. So, at the moment, they are treating me with 3 rounds of chemo for the lymphoma and will decide what to do about the bc that's recurred in the lymph node after that at the end of December. I too have asked if it can be removed - they were certainly able to biopsy it during an endoscopy. Although it's nowhere else, like you, I'm anxious. 

Lizzy_BCC

Hi Anneliese, 

I am sorry you have not yet received a response and are going through this difficult time. I am sure some of our users will be along shortly to provide their support.

In the meantime do give our support line a call at 0808 800 6000 who can offer you advice and a friendly ear.

You may also wish to try posting on our more popular Surgery board. I have linked this below.

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Surgery/bd-p/4445

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant

Anneliese

Subcarinal lymph node removal

Hello...this is a long shot. At my diagnosis I was informed that the subcarinal lymph node was harbouring a grade 3 met. I was also told that because of its position it cannot be operated on...deemed too dangerous. I was told this back in September. I have since read on the wonderful World Wide Web that this procedure has been performed. I was also told that if the tumour grew it could affect surrounding organs and cause heart palpitations. Which I am now experiencing as it has taken so freaking long to get to the point of treating me. Which is next week!

Has anyone had a met in the subcarinal node AND had it operated on and removed? TIA.