Sugar, Sugar - Oh **** Honey, Honey

Happy New Year and I hope everyone had a good Christmas. I did but there’s just one small problem. I read an article in one of the papers a few days ago about the recent experiment the boffins in Japan have been doing feeding mice on sugar and their conclusion was that if humans also eat a diet full off sugar they will be more likelyto go on to develop breast cancer. Unfortunately my lovely family couldn’t think what to buy me for Christmas this year. Does anyone want ten huge boxes of high-end luxury chocolates, plus the mandatory sugared almonds, turkish delight etcetera?  Oops, I nearly forgot, also on offer six bottles of top-end luxury booze! :smileyfrustrated:

Hi Flora -Look on the bright side though - you are not a mouse ! I am sure chocs in moderation ok . Those should last you all year. Happy new year to you - enjoy the booze too! xx

Oooh Flora!

You can send them my way if you are worried about the potential effects!

We’ve already made a serious dent in an F&M hamper so I think I qualify…

All the best

Mary

Grr scientists -always trying to make us feel guilty. I am slim and have never had a sweet tooth, my sister is a chocoholic, but I got breast cancer. Eat, enjoy and don’t feel guilty!

Love Amero xxx

It’s a difficult one, as when I was diagnosed last May the BC nurses all said ‘sugar is a no no’. Tumours love wine and cake! Christ! My favourites! It’s very difficult to know what to do really. I’ve cut back on my daily ONE glass of wine (full of sugar) to weekends only, (in fact my consultant said alcohol is a definite risk) land locked the biscuit tin. I no longer have banana cake in Pret and refuse my daughters jelly beans offerings. I was also told ‘keep dairy down to a minimum and make sure if you do, it’s full fat milk as skimmed has been chemically treated’. So if I do all this for life, will I escape a recurrence? Who knows? It’ll be interesting to see if I can keep it up, as if BC doesn’t get me, I’ll die of ‘boring life and diet syndrome’! x