71712members
376146posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer has been cancelled or maybe lost.

40 REPLIES 40
debsincornwall

Re: Summer has been cancelled or maybe lost.

Hi Suzi,
I have p.m'd you.
Love Debsxxx

suzi

Hi,

I am currently on Taxol and have asked my oncologist if i can also have Avastin, however was told that this would have to be specially requested and that i would possibly not be allowed it. I am starting to become desperate as have tried nearly every other chemo and nothing working. Can you let me know how you managed to get on the Taxol/ Avastin regime?

Thanks

Suzi x

debsincornwall

Just did a post and it has gone into cyberland, wish I could do the same with all our uggers!
Well this thread seems to be growing with so many of us back on treatment.
Anne, hope you are feeling better now they have drained you.
Fiona, sorry you are back on chemo it's no fun is it?
I had my taxol/avastin today still got my infection but onc gave the go ahead. Feel o.k. at moment due to the steroids but I know I will crash on Sunday.
Well we still have beautiful sunshine here in St Ives, could do with a bit of rain about 10pm to water the plants, otherwise I will have to send Ian out to do them!
Love Debsxxx

AnneS

Hi Fiona,
Sorry to hear that you're back on chemo. I really hope that you feel ok on it and don't suffer too much with the side effects. Thinking of Anneth,Debs and you going through chemo again.
Take care and hope you do manage to enjoy some of the summer if we get it back now it's been raining again!!
Anne x

AnneTh

Hi Fiona
So sorry to hear that you too have had progression- what is going on at the moment?! There seems to be a number of us having to start chemo at same time. Well, am thinking of you, Debs and everyone else in the same position now and crossing fingers for all of us.
Have been in hospital 3 times in the last fortnight, trying to sort out fluid build up- finally got out of there yesterday, relieved of 9 litres! Chemo should control this a bit but had to defer my chemo because of it- now get it this Tues coming up. What a month!
Anne xxx

debsincornwall

Hi Ripley,
sorry you have had a chest infection seems to be lots of these infections around!
I know what you mean about xeloda, you don't realixe at the time how manageable it is till you go on the toxic waste ones!
I have an inch of hair but as back on taxol will lose it soon.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Love Debsxxx

ripley

Sorry to hear your pants news Debs & Fiona. These uggers are such devious little blighters. It is such a #*$£%*$ to spend all that time during winter keeping our noses clean, with central heating full blast, avoiding sodding swine flu and lurgies whilst smothering ourselves in anti-bacterial gel to find that during the one season of the year where we're not wearing uggs to keep warm, it's back to treatment. Not bl**dy fair.

I hope the the treatments go well and the side effects are minimal.

big hugs
xxx

Georgibella

I am so sorry to hear of the progression and issues that some of you have experienced recently.

I hope you get the results you need next and that treatment and side effects are kind.

L x x

Fionam

Thanks Debs and Celeste

It is crap, I feel fine at the moment so hope I don't feel too much worse on chemo, will just have to wait and see on that one.

I am still reeling from how much my liver has progressed in 12 weeks, a 1.3 cm spot is now 3x4 cm and about half a dozen more of the little uggers have appeared too.

May be time for some shopping!

celeste

Sorry to hear this Fionaam - it's crap - nothing more I can say to you, I was really ill when I had it, others do not have that experience, and seem to go through it comparitively easily, I certainly hope you and Debs are in the second group

Take care

debsincornwall

Hi Fiona,
sorry to hear that you too have had summer cancelled. It is such a cruel wicked thing to happen, we know we are not going to get better but we hope we can buy extra time with all these horrid treatments we have to endure.
We will help each other through this next lot of treatment plus any others that like us have had summer stolen from them.
Love Debsxxx

Fionam

Looks as if my summer is gone too. 3 weekly Taxotere starting on July 15th I thought it might but so hoped it wouldn't.

*ugger etc etc

ShelleyAnn

So sorry to hear all this Debs! Hope things start to improve for you very soon.
ShelleyAnn
X

debsincornwall

Hi,
well I feel sh.t but at least I have been able to get out of my bed today!
It was the RADIOGRAPHER who made the mistake. I will find out next week which one as I am going to complain and ask if they can check other scan readings to see how many others have been read wrong. Good job my onc picked it up and didn't just take their word.
My winter of hibernation to gain the summer plan is some what scuppered.
I was just beginning to look like me and now that bl..dy cancer victim look will back anytime.
Visiting my daughters this weekend while I still look o.k. Then back to Cornwall to hide until the uggers are under control.
Hope everyone is o.k. and enjoying this lovely weather I am like the kid that can't play out, peering p.ssed off from the window. Face full of blisters. Does anyone else get these?
Love Debsxxx

celeste

Crikey Debs not again, you spent all winter in bed so you would get summer off - this is unfair. Sorry your 'donc' cocked up, but i do hope the 'Hattie Jacques' sister sorts him out.

You take care mate - I'm sure there are lots of other treats you can and must have.

much love

Jacksy

Hi Debs,
Just caught up with this. Crappy news. Hope you're having a whale of a time in France as we speak. Enjoy the retail therapy!
Lol Jacquie

AnneTh

Hope you went for it Debs!
You and I are starting regimes more or less together. My 'new look' will probably take effect end of this week. After the wonderful hormonals, chemo was a bit of a shocker but in good week now. Really hoping that I can get to France beginning of Aug too. I like Jan's attitude- and like everyone else here, really believe that we MUST have our treats to look forward to.
Since my last scan, really haven't been bothered with my hair and it's a mess! My wig is really much more attractive so hope Audrey the wig and I can put up with each other!
Love Anne x

KatieP

Hi Debs
really sorry to hear that you may be back on Taxol. i do hope that you get your break in france, I had an extra week off treatment at Easter to go to Italy as when it was booked I thought treatment would have finished but they felt that I should continue on Taxol and Avastin so here I am on my 9th cycle and feeling rubbish! My oncologist has said that I will need a good holiday after this , we are off to Corsica. You need treats, holidays and SHOES!!!!
Love Kathryn

TORONTO

Hi Debs,
You must get away to France!!
I have decided as long as I feel well no matter what medication I am on I am just going for it!!
I can`t believe your onc. did what he did, I thought all treatments had to be discussed with you .. what an idiot ( for want of a better word!!)
As a matter of interest I get all my scan results by phone from my b.c. nurse. I requested it because I find the whole scan thing so stressful. In fact, I had a c.t. scan a week last monday and she rang me with the results the following day.. I was in eurodisney with my grandchildren at the time so a bit surreal!!
Enjoy every minute of your trip to France!
Take care,
Janx

DebsH

Hi Debs, really crap news about you going back on taxol - its so s..t. I hope you can enjoy your holiday to France. All the best and thinking of you. Take care.
DebsHx

JaneRA

Some of us like the butch lesbian look...in fact its a must after chemo baldness.

Jane

Lily200

What is the worst that can happen if you just go? After all if you had certain bugs or low counts they would delay your chemo and tell you it was no problem.
Go catch those dreams, sounds like you well and truely need and so deserve some more smiles right now.
Love
truanting Lily x x

josyemarie

Hi Debs,
Really hope you get that holiday in France.Best of wishes for it.
Josie

Fionam

Hi Debs

So sorry you have had this crap news and hope you get to France next week as planned.

Fiona

GillianG

Hi Debs

I've never talked to you, but have read so many of your posts. I hope you don't mind me responding to your thread to express how sorry I am that you've not been consulted. I just feel impelled to write!

Oh, I so hope you get to France - all the very best in getting there and at least having that space of time.

Very best wishes

Gill x

dm1968

Hi Debs

So sorry to read this and that you have to go back on treatment. I do hope you get to enjoy your hols to France. As others say, could you maybe delay to you get back??

Take care and sending lots of love
Dawn
xx

ripley

Oh, Debs, this totally sucks. Truly appalling behaviour from the hospital, but as already mentioned, not surprising at all. I have also thought up some new names for your twonk, but won't utter them. I really hope that you can escape to France before any treatment starts.

hugs
xxx

BoneyL

Hi Debs

So very sorry to hear about the Taxol, I know how you must feel about your hair, I too have the butch lesbian look at the mo and study my hair every morning looking for signs of growth as I can't wait to go wigless.

Hope you enjoy France.

Sending you a cyber hug.

Love

Linda

AnneS

This totally stinks Debs. Not fair of your onc. to put you down for Taxol and not to discuss it with you first and where are they when they're needed!! Mine always seems to disappear just when he's needed!!
I hope it gets sorted. As the others have said treats are so important and I do hope you get to go to France and then if needed start taxol after that if that's what you want to do.
Really rooting for you and hope to see you in Bristol again soon. xx

Kay123

Hi Debs

Really sorry to hear this - both about having to go back on the Taxol and the mess up at the hospital. It's enough of an emotional rollercoaster without them adding in extra bits.

Enjoy your trip to France - time away together is just so precious.

Kay xx

debsincornwall

Thanks you all so much.
Sister B rang me back she was really furious. My onc has had to go to a conference and she cannot get hold of him. She is not allowed to discuss scans over the phone even with my permission. But she did point out that it has not yet come through on the computer. If she could find anything out she promised to phone but I have not heard anything yet. She is off tomorrow but promised she would call in to have a word as she is so upset.
I call my onc Brian as in Monty Phython Life of Brian. I think maybe another name may be needed. I have used one today but if I post it they may chuck me off the site.
Told Ian he looks sad and is a bit clingy.
Love Debsxxx

Jennywren

So sorry to read this Debs. Hope your liver was behaving on scan too? Go for that holiday before you embark on any new plan of attack. And take plenty of holiday pics of lovely dykey hair.

Happy Anniversary, have a great time.

Jenny
x

nicky08
Community Champion

Oh Debs, so sorry to hear that another chemo round has popped up out of nowhere - sounds like it happened that way as well. I hope you get your break in France either feeling well in between doses or before it all starts. I know what you mean about Summer being cancelled, mine was last year, but it sounds like yours have been a few times 😞 Shoes it will have to be then 🙂
Nicky x

diane1w

Hi Debs

I'm sorry to hear how you were treated at your last hospital appointment, however not totally surprised.

I hope they can work round your treatment to go to France and that you have a really good time.

Speak to you soon

Diane

JaneRA

Oh Debs I am so sorry to read this. B****ER B***ER B***ER.

Remember you can decide when and how and if to do your treatment, so I'd say if you want to postpone for a few weeks then go for it. Whatever, get to France...treats are so important I think. Congrats on 5 years.

As for the hair...well dykey is how I like to do it. I've lost mine 3 times now..I hate it when I'm bald but a short covering is just great.

Love Jane x

Deirdre

Bloody frustrating. Have they told you exactly why you are back on chemo yet? It seems such a see saw doesn't it?

Yes, I liked the close crop look when I had it last year. I too was in St Ives (and then in Lesbos in Cornwall) and it was great to get some admiring looks - I don't care where they came from.

I am so pleased you are going to take the holiday in France. You are so right - keep on living for as long as you can.

Love

Deirdre

debsincornwall

Thanks everyone,
I have a really good relationship with 'Brian' my onc or so I thought!
It was all a bit confusing on Tuesday normal appointment became less so when he heard my breathy voice. He did his checks neck, boob, glands, then sent in nurse t do her bits and sent me off for scan. I didn't have to wait long and as canular was in he wanted them to do other treatments because of dodgy veins. Then along comes new young recruit takes me off in another direction says they can't sort avastin out bloods are o.k. and nothing shown up on lungs in scan. I imagine my onc was taking a proper look and thought I was still in chemo room.
Heads will roll as sister B is very much of the old matron type.

'Mental fils" are the spread to the omentum this had looked good on March scan but they are giving me a few problems now.

I would be back on taxol every week for 3 and then 4th off, but I found this so hard to do I was always in bl..dy bed!

We are going away to France, no point in living if I don't do any. I really thought I had been a clever girl planning this trip. I had taken into account that I can't walk far. Solution we drive. I had already told Ian if I die while I am away just prop me up in the passenger seat.

To be honest if I am at the point of 'only a few months' I am not spending it in the chemo ward.

Thanks to you all for quick response.
Love Debsxxx

Boy do I need new shoes!!!!!!!!

bikinggirl

Oh Debs,

I am so sorry to read this post.
Would waiting until after your trip to France make much difference on the treatment front?

These Oncoloigists have a great way of just adding something else when your gard is down.....
Mine does it to me all the time!

You are allowed to be as vain as you like.....
For me its the eyelashes that make me have that victim look, I have my eyebrows tatooed now and have had some really good wigs in the past but there is nothing you can do for lashes.

I always think that hair suits people when its really short... how many times have you lost your hair?

Will you need to put some fake tan on your head?

Debs, may I ask wnat your 'mental fils' are...I love your little code words for things but can't work this one out.

Anyway, Congratulations on your 5 th Wedding ann..

Love and best wishes

Tess.x

LesleyLP

Debs, I'm so sorry to hear this - and what a way to find out! Not impressed with that at all. I really hope that you can still get your break next week - if the Taxol is tomorrow then you'll maybe feel ok by next week and be able to have the next one in a fortnight? Or doesn't it work that way?

Really feel for you

Lesley xx

jantharra

Oh Debs, I am so sorry you wont get your break. Especially finding out that way, you would think they would have talked to you and discussed it, not treated you like this.

I hope you can stil get to France too, maybe it is still possible?

Sending you hugs

Nikki

debsincornwall

Summer has been cancelled or maybe lost.

Well the phone just rang and it was sister B on chemo unit. My onc has put me down for TAXOL tomorrow as well as pamidronate and avastin. She just wanted to confirm I was aware. I am not no one has told me?????

No great shock, I knew I would be lucky to get the summer free but I had so hoped to at least get to September.

I had an emergency scan on Tuesday as I reported breathing problems and said I had little energy. So I had the larger canular inserted as they need to feed the dye through at higher speed. We were there all day young onc came to us and said my lungs were fine and my bloods were better than his. We left feeling optimistic. I know my 'mental fils' are playing up as I feel sick alot of the time and have a poor apatite but a donperidone every now and then sorts that out.

I am gutted as we are going to France next week to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary.
I have not told Ian yet as I am waiting for onc to ring back, sister B has gone to sort it out and see what went wrong. I am really p.ssed off and am not prepared to miss our little treat.

On a very vain note my hair is just growing back a bit 'dikey' but it looks good and living in St Ives I get some cool looks from the large gay community. I have a bit of a tan and eyelashes. Looks like I am going back to the 'cancer victim' look.

Love Debsxxx