Support Services and Events going on in Kent

Hello all

I have started a thread here to share infomation about support groups and events going on in Kent that might be useful for you. Please do reply to this post if you have heard of something going on locally that you would like to tell others about.

If you would like to contact me directly about Breast Cancer Care services in Kent please email me on movingforward@breastcancercare.org.uk.

I hope this is useful,

Best wIshes,

Helen

Services Coordinator  

Thank you Helen. The only local service I have used was the Looking Good Feeling Better course at Maidstone but I know that there was some info around Pink Ribbon pilates at Sandrines Pilates in Tunbridge Wells that had been of interest

Thanks Helen.  I can recommend the moving forward course that BCC put on in the Kent area. I have just finished the one that run at Tunbridge Wells hospital and I found it informative and helpful.  I learnt lots of new things and it put my mind at rest with other things too.  I believe there is one running at Maidstone hospital in February and would encourage those that haven’t been on one to go on it.

Thanks Helen, LGFB are really good when you are first diagnosed to help with image, make up etc. I have used the forum a lot for answers to questions and just reassurance that symptoms and feelings are normal and I was not going totally mad. I found out lots of things about side effects and how to manage them. Sometimes it gets too much if you look on the forum a lot but at 3 am it is a comfort. The moving forward. Course was good as was the bra evening at John Lewis. If anyone has a frozen shoulder/ pain in shoulder joint please tell me how to make it better, physio not working or I am being too impatient, very painful and debilitating. Never mind yet another phase of this journey, upsetting but manageable, ?