Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support/friendship for my mum with secondary bone mets

2 REPLIES 2
EamesK

Re: Support/friendship for my mum with secondary bone mets

Hi Nikki,

I live in Fife and have both bone and liver mets, dx over a year ago. I may be a bit young but am more than happy to offer support to her. If she would like to call me then we can see what would be best - I'm happy to travel to Glasgow. I'm a bit busy in September but will be in Glasgow next weekend and could have a coffee with her if she'd like.

Kate

Sam_BCC

Re: Support/friendship for my mum with secondary bone mets

Hi Nicola

Your Mum may find the Breast Cancer Care telephone support group of interest, it offers the chance to get together once a week to talk with people who've been there. Linked together by phone in comfortable surroundings it would allow her to express her feelings and discuss the practical and emotional impact of living with breast cancer. The groups will be particularly useful if she is feeling isolated. The groups are free (we pay for the phone calls) and as long as she has access to a phone and have a quiet private place from which to call, she can join us from anywhere in the UK.

For more information about this and other support services available, please telephone our helpline on 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat 9am-2pm) or email:

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards

Sam
BCC Facilitator

nikki99yellow

Support/friendship for my mum with secondary bone mets

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the correct category to a this, but I was wondering if there were any support groups in Glasgow for people with secondary breast cancer in the Glasgow area? My mum was diagnosed with bone mets last November, and is coping very well with the treatment, and is managing to still work etc. I just think it would benefit her to meet people who are going through this with her. She is not up to date with computers, so face-to-face or phone contact would suit her best!

If anyone from Scotland and or Glasgow could offer support, or have any info, please contact me!!

Many Thanks

Nicola x