Support group for secondary BC hampshire/Winchester?

Hi I was wondering if there is anything going on in my area. It would be nice to meet others occassionally, maybe monthly for coffee and a chat.
Cheers Jacqui

Hi Jacqui

Our helpliners may have information about a support group or meet up in your area, feel free to call on 0808 800 6000 lines open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Sat

Take care

Lucy

Thanks Lucy - I will do that

Jacqui

Hi Jacqui
I live in Hedge End and would like to meet up. Maybe we could meet halfway somewhere for a cuppa and chat? PM me if you are interested.
Liz x

Hello girls.
I live in Winchester. I would love to meet for a cuppa and a chat.

BW
Valia
x

Hi ladies, I’d be interested in a meet up. I live a bit further north in Hampshire than you all do but can easily make a trip down the M3 to wherever :slight_smile: I don’t think there are any secondary groups that meet up in this area (from the forum), I’ve certainly not heard of any in the 5 years I’ve been coming on here.
Nicky x

Oooh, I just went to a breast cancer support group in Winchester last week! It was my first time there and the ladies are lovely. They meet on the first Tuesday of the month from 7.30pm-9.30pm at The Simeon Room, Christchurch, Christchurch Road, Winchester. They are in the middle of re-launching the group so I found it a great opportunity to suggest ideas and offer whatever little skills I have. There is a 50p contribution for tea/coffee and biscuits.

The breast care nurse from Winchester was there. The group is linked with the breast care unit in Winchester.

Do send me a message if you’re interested (this is only my second post so apologies in advance. I’m still finding my way around)

I’m between Southampton and Winchester.

Linda
FEC 75 chemo starting on 21 March

Hi Nipinuk/Linda
Thanks for that info. It may be that one or two of us already go to that organised session but I think we (secondary) ladies are looking to meet up locally with others from this forum who are in the same boat so to speak. There are several such informal groups already meeting at different places around the country but so far I don’t think there’s been one set up in this area for secondary ladies, we will see. If the Winchester meeting you went to has quite a few secondary ladies already attending maybe it’s something we could look at as it’s fairly central - going on the replies that Jacqui has had so far.
Nicky

Hi ladies, I have secondaries and live in Bishopstoke, not far from Winchester, I would love to meet up for a chat and Biscuits, (mainly biscuits) :slight_smile: xx

It will be great the secondary ladies to meet up.I live in Winchester but I could travel around if somewhere else it’s easier.Any more around the area?
Valia
x

It will be great the secondary ladies to meet up.I live in Winchester but I could travel around if somewhere else it’s easier.Any more around the area?
Valia
x

Hi Kirsti and welcome to the boards - I think I read somewhere else that you are new to the forum? I must say, has anyone told you that you look like Doris Day :wink: And hi to Valia, I’ve seen your posts before but didn’t know you are a local girl.
It sounds like there’s quite a few of us interested in meeting up locally, hopefully we can get this arranged. Shall we see if there’s any more takers and then try to come up with a place and a date?
Nicky x

Hi Nicky and thank you for your welcome, this is amazing, I mean to know that there are ladies so local who I may be able to share concerns and laughs with. I so look forward to more on our meet up, must dash cause I’ve got to ‘get Danny’ lol xx

Hi Kirsti and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support here you may find the following link useful, here you will find lots more information and support ideas from BCC such as secondary ‘live chat’ which is held on Thursday evenings at 8.30-9.30 and ‘Living with secondary breast cancer’ events:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/secondaries?utm\_source=Homepage&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=secondaries

Our helpliners are also on hand on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays so please feel free to call for further support and information

Take care

Lucy

HI Nicky! And welcome Kirsti.
I am already looking forward to our meeting :slight_smile:
Valia
x

Hello all, I’d love to join you. I live in Locks Heath, about halfway between Southampton & Portsmouth. My bc was diagnosed in Nov with secondaries to liver & lung at same time… Sarah.

Hi Sarah and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support you will soon have here, you will find lots of information and further support ideas from BCC via this link so please have a browse and feel free to join in the ‘Live chat’ or attend the ‘Living with secondary breast cancer days’:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/secondaries?utm\_source=Homepage&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=secondaries

Our helpliners are on hand with support, information and a listening ear on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays, our team can also talk to you about our ‘One to one’ support whereby you can chat to someone in a similar situation via email or telephone

Take care

Lucy

Hi Ladies
Sorry to be so slow getting back. I have met with NannieSpiky a couple of times at Hedgeend M&S - this is easy to find. I am not sure if she is up for driving to Winch at the moment but would be happy to meet others for an initial session in Winch. So now we need to sort out a date? I asm free on Fridays - but I must confess my free days are rapidly getting booked up. Or there is always the weekend. Or possibly the evening
So shall we list a few dates and see what fits in the majority. The Cathedral Refectory msy work as a venue daytime or the Blackboy evening…
Look forward to meeting some or all of you
Cheers Jacqui

I would love to meet, I would be happy to meet at M&S in Hedge End or the Winchester venues mentioned. I work Monday to Friday Between 9am and 2pm but can also make myself available evenings or weekends xxx

Hello, please can I also join you ladies? Got secondaries in bones. I am only 10 miles east of Winchester. would be lovely to meet some peeps locally. X