75.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery & living alone

Re: Surgery & living alone

Mael, that dinner sounds fabulous and I don't eat red meat!!! I've got a real craving for protein foodd this week,  eggs, fish, cheese

Jill does the cat really go in the car???? 

Jill1998
Community Champion

They are advertising Christmas cards you can buy from the Cancer Centre on the wall, was saying to someone else,just imagine the warm festive feeling you will get when you are writing them.....
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hey, could be worse the poor buggers with prostrate cancer have to drink a bottle of water first then are kept waiting for ever cos they are always running late...

All occupied... I am not the only one who resents the soundtrack.

I understand perfectly Jill. For me is the entrance, having to traverse the cancer clinic, and waiting next to the bloody Niagara falls, like exactly now. Speaking of which, I am off to the toilet.
Jill1998
Community Champion

I like the sound of that dinner Mael!!!The cat has changed her mind,she is a bit busy , she has to wash and sleep this afternoon instead.Wish I did...every time I lie down on the machine I have an overwhelming urge to get up and run that I have to try really hard to stop.

Sheena, I hope you slept enough x
Crayfish is yummy, I must get some for lunch.
Last night I think I really understood the concept of comfort food. After steak, fries, creme brulée and armagnac I felt so much less antagonistic, and I still feel better. Must do that more often than bi-yearly.

Lol Jill, are you really taking the cat? Mine would kill me 😄
Jill1998
Community Champion

Can you fly yet Mael?Im taking the cat today ,she facies a drive out,she never normally gets past the end of our street....

Hi dee, no, it doesn't die down for me I'm afraid,  I'm sizzling from inside out all the time!  And in pain,  guess you were one of the lucky radders x

mael, I had an urge for protein too so consumed a vast amount of crayfish tails with a baked potato

Jill,  hopefully mother in law has settled in and that is not causing any issues

night ladies,  gonna try for 5 hours tonight,  sweet dreams xxx

I just had a steak bigger than me and admittedly I am less angry now.

That dies down you tend to feel that just after its done for a few hours. Really thinking of you all appeoaching the end. My little life has just got much happier since finishing treatment. I have got my mojo back and so will you all 😃xxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Just heat!!!!But I've only been fried twice!!!

Hang in there girls. Are any of you getti g the tiredness and fatigue? Xxxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Every day one day closer to the end of this Mael.Not surprised you are bored,
Jill1998
Community Champion

As long as they don't use me for experiments ....

Cool, minus 18; I feel like a horse of a merry-go-round. Maybe I should go back to uni, my brain is starving.

I have hmm, 19 to go methinks, 14 excluding the boost. I wouldn't mind being abducted by aliens.

Morning ladies! In the waiting room, bored stiff as a bored person who's very very bored. Let's all have a nice roasting. x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Wonder if the aliens will beam me up to the spaceship today?
Jill1998
Community Champion

Happy frying, you are nearly cooked now!!I have to wait til 5pm today.

Off to be fried, speak later xxx

And you, Sheena! Scorchio, yes -- I almost had a sunstroke yesterday. But it's already on its way out... And in London we can look forward to a week of rain and tube strike. Boo 😄 How are you? xx

Mael, Jill,  happy rading tomorrow xxx scorchio xx

I'm soooo hot I am going to explode! If you read the news about a woman who self combusted,  it's me x baby cheeses

Jill1998
Community Champion

I want to be anarchy ....
Jill1998
Community Champion

My cat is having a great time chasing a rubber (eraser not the other kind)around the bedroom,made laugh....

Night night dear Sheena, Jill, Dee and June -- luv you all 🙂 xxx

I am here listening to some punk rock to give myself the pep needed to wash my hair, lol x

Looks like it's just the three of us!  I'm going to bed,  dinner was fantastic mael!,

sweet dreams xxxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Glad your are surviving Mael,you don't need to say anything meaningful ,"wibble " is fine.. .

Girls, just passing by -- too tired to say anything meaningful, and I want to do some housework before I crash. I am no Hyacinth Bucket, have never been, but recently I am in a cleaning mood, must be the need for control, hahaha 😄

Will say something more articulate over the weekend, for the moment being a big hug to everyone. And, Jill, welcome to the club of the Glowers 🙂 (it's not too horrible, no?) xxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

That's good Sheena,glad you got a sympathetic ear.Hope tablets give you a bit of a lift ,don't go near work for a while ,give yourself a chance to recover from this c ** p.

Hi lovely ladies

went to gp today and signed off again also been given antidepressants in the hope that it will let me sleep and lift my mood

gp was super lovely I felt like hugging her on the way out. She's seeing me again in two weeks to see how I feel and gave me lots of other stuff to consider

how's everyone doing xxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Boob radiated and glowing ,could cook a nice steak on it , was in and out in 30 mins.Was concerned at one point that I was maybe being used as an experiment by aliens and going to be beamed up to space craft ,but didn't happen,how disappointing ...,

Hi girls,

This all seems a bit of trauma now to get onto the sight, you seem to have to trawl through loads of old stuff to get to up to date, Whyd do wsbites constantly have to keep being changed., If it aint broke don fix it.

Glad you had good break Dee, wondered where you were, You and i seem to be only ones finished our rads my oncology appointment is 4th Sept, i understand these are very brief, my hairdressers mum in law was in and out so quickly she wondered why they bothered and she had had chemo too. Everyone keeps saying my boobs look bigger, in fact i have bought some 32 d cup bras, Ive always for a petite slim woman had boobs, never been flat chested, but they definitely have increased,  Please no more, i do not want to be Dolly Partonlol.

Mael you seem to be sliding through those rads, I had over 20 so not as many as you but i found once half way through wemt much quicker.I had 2 bank hols in mine..

The tamoxifen isnt causing too many problems apart from the damm flushes, sometimes get them during day now. But on the bright side will save on heating bills this winterlol.

Night all sleep tight,not too much tossing and turning Mael,  i found like you during my treatment i tended to lay awake and go over things,  but once its over you tend to revert to normal, whatever normal is.

Junex

Last one on Thursday Jill

Jill1998
Community Champion

How many more to go Sheena must be over next week?

Hi ladies

not ignoring you honestly, just worn out. Ultrasound today looks good he says not a tumour but will get the bc folk to double check and let me contact gp if any changes appear,  so that's good news!

still hot and sore can't wait for the end,  I'm being referred to the lymphodema clinic at the end due to the extent of swelling in my arm and breast! Oh joy.  So that's why I'm not so chatty x

Jill all the best for tomorrow x you have my support all the way xx

mael, still fried chicken,  but I have a pack of frozen peas I might shove dowm my tshirt

love to you all

sheena xxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Dee ,glad you had a good holiday.I start tomorrow ,at least I can start ticking them off the list .

Hi Girls,
Sorry havent been on for a bit ive been in Ireland for a bit of a break. It was really good. Just what i needed! Glad to see you are all approching the end of rads. Nearly there girls and sending you all hugs xxxx ive got all my onc appointments next week. Xxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Good night Mael,you are blasting the bugger with radiation so hopefully you will come out the other side of this well and taking on new challenges.

Jill, I had been waiting for ages for the right occasion to use that song 😄 

I love it -- it has been on my Spotify for ages.

Yeah, I do get the bank holiday, thank goodness!!

Well, it's difficult to find a positive in this experience for me, sawry 🙂 Maybe I'll discover that I am finally able to not sweat the small stuff, but for the moment being feels just like a really, really, really horrible experience that will cost me zillions in shrink sessions.

One odd thing -- I was looking in the mirror earlier, I have the face I used to have ten years ago (let's not get over the moon for this... as my hormonal therapy is yet to start, and I doubt it will make me prettier). I remembered that quote "men are better equipped to deal with adversity than with the drudgery of normality". Maybe it's true, I don't know. I hate hate hate to admit it but life feels more interesting now that I know I might be living on borrowed time. Oh my goodness, I hope I am not depressing you -- you know, I had the lymphnodes and stuff, it's not nice-nice even if it's far, far from hopeless! Still, better being aware of the danger I guess...

How do you feel about your own experience? Does this cloud have a silver lining? Or it's too early to tell?

(goodnight for now! sleep well! x)

Jill1998
Community Champion

Mael you are officially bonkers,I thought I had a wacky, surreal sense of humour but you surpass me !!You will finish 3 days after me,do you get Bank Holiday off ,I do.

Wow! Only 15! Jll, you're lucky! 🙂

You're gonna finish exactly one week before me. On the other hand, 15 is already boring enough 😄 

How are you feeling about it? Looking forward to start, finish, and put the lot behind your back?

Jill1998
Community Champion

I "only" have 15 sessions.Cancer sure does keep you busy eh ???What are you going to do with your life then Mael,you will be able to fly soon so that will open up new horizons ....Must make this experience have some positive outcome somehow .

My boob is still swollen and it's... I won't say painful, even less than sore, but just giving away that vibe "leave me alone". I had a stabbing pain once today and I just intimated for it to go away. To be honest even if it starts to hurt I don't care -- I've dodged quite a few therapeutic bullets by a whisper (well, through illegally escaping the shooting range, really!) and for the rest I don't give a monkey. The future occupies my mind more: I can't spend the rest of my life being busy having cancer; I need to think and find out what enthuses me now.

Oh wow, you start on Friday, how many fry-ups for you?

Jill1998
Community Champion

Start Friday,frying on Friday ... Glad your balls came in useful!!!!How is your boob holding up,any sign of swelling as hoped,or is it getting shrivelled.Looking forward to seeing my bra again,hope it's not been too lonely ...

Good luck for tomorrow Sheena! I'll be thinking of you! xxx