Surgery at Barts

Dear ladies,

I have a lump that seems to be a papillary lesion on the biopsy but the doctors (and I guess me too) want it removed to make a definite diagnosis. I am a bit worried as this is the first operation that I undergo in my life.I was wondering if anyone recently had an excisional biopsy at St. Barts and if they can share their experience with me via private messages.

Thank you for keeping this community alive and supporting each other.

Hi Cloud, 

I am sorry you are going through this anxious time and I am sure some users will be along soon. You may have already received some supportive private messages from our users.

In the meantime you can always call our support line at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about your operation and offer a friendly ear.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant 

Hi Cloud, when is your op?Not surprising you are feeling anxious ,it sounds like all indications are it is nothing to worry about but until you know for sure it is a horrible thing to have hanging over you .Jill.

Thank you Lizzy and Jill for the support :slight_smile: The op is on Tuesday. I have to come early in the morning.

I know it should be nothing super dangerous. But I am afraid of how it is going to heal after and such things like seroma or hematoma.

Btw Lizzy, I think since I am a new member I don’t have a Private Messages button in the right corner, is it possible to enable it somehow?

It is still very anxiety provoking even though signs are good.They will give you facility to send personal messages once you have posted a couple of times.Hope all goes well on Tuesday and they can give you results quickly.