Surgery on Monday double mx

How soon will I be allowed out of bed for toilet and showering. Am taking a flannel and wipes for the first day?

Hi,

I had my double mx on 7 th May, I went in Wed morning and was out on Thur afternoon. I asked to go to the loo in the evening after surgery and they brought it to me. Was a bit wobbly on my feet but felt fine. Not sure how long you have been told you will stay in. Reading on here it seems it is different for everyone.

I felt fine to go home and luckily had no problems, drains were annoying but ame out after 5 days. Only took paracetamol both in hospital and at home, so really not as bad as I imagined, I was terrified before I went in.

Will go back in 12 months for expanders removed and permenant ones put in.

Any other questions just ask!!

I had a double mx in May, no reconstruction. I was able to get up and go to the loo within a couple of hours (carefully cos was a bit wobbly from the anesthetiser.

I was able to shower with the drains in and although they were a bit of a pain, they weren’t painful.
I had some morphine-based tablets on the first day and then just paracetamol - I was really surprised that although I was sore, I was never really in pain.

Good luck

Hello. Can I ask if you opted for double mastectomy? I was diagnosed grade 3 triple negative and have opted for a double mastectomy with immediate recon mainly for peace if mind. I will also be having the expanders. Any advice will be appreciated xx

No, the dressing wasn’t waterproof, but I avoided getting it wet by facing away from the water.it seemed to work ok and I felt so much better