Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery on Monday - just a little question

3 REPLIES 3
Theboyz5

Re: Surgery on Monday - just a little question

Hi,
When l had mx l was given softee because l don't want flat chested because l will be going back to work,but when l was fully healed l ask for prosthesis to match my other breast pending the time the two breast will be adjusted. If you are comfortable is ok but l find the prosthesis heavy but it depends on you if you are comfortable or not. But if l may suggest you can have the softee and prosthesis if you are not ok with the prosthesis you can return it which l did.
Jo_BCC

Hi Lilac51

I have put for you below the link to BCC's publication 'A confident choice' which discusses prostheses, bras and clothing following breast operations.  I hope you find it helpful.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/confident-choice-breast-pros...

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Biddlybee

Hi Pauline, if it was me I would prob want to have a softee . I thought that wearing a bra with the softee gave support and stopped me feeling quite so vulnerable, a bit of protection. All the best for Monday x
Lilac51

Surgery on Monday - just a little question

Hi
This is a silly question but I'm having a 2nd mx on Monday. When I had the first mx a year ago a breast care advisor came and gave me a softee to match my rather large remaining breast. What I'm wondering now is should I take my prosthesis to hospital and have a softee to balance it out, should I take nothing and just be discharged from hospital flat chested, or should I take my softee and get fitted with another softee to match. Ultimately I'll probably have reconstructive surgery on both sides but until then I'm happy to be wearing prostheses - not as big though as my original breasts. I'm just wondering what to do in the immediate aftermath of my operation. I'd be grateful for advice.
Pauline x