Surgery/results over- next steps with treatments

Hello ladies

Starting this thread for those of you who have had surgery and results and are moving on with your next steps whatever they may be.

I know there are threads dedicated to specific subjects, but this could be a good place to swap general stories/experiences

I had my surgery late May and have an appointment tomorrow for Rads planning - a lot has happened in between, but focusing now on the next stage

Would be good to have some support along the way from you and in turn give support and virtual hand holding.  It’s like a revolving door with BC, we are all going through it at one point and appearing at the other side, ready to re enter for the next bit!

Sending best wishes to everyone

Sheena x

Hi Sheena,I think it is a good idea to have thread that is more general where people can support each other as most focus on particular types of treatment ,we all started out at same point hopefully we can support each other through whatever happens next and dip into more specific threads dependent on what treatment we each have.

Hi Sheena, fab idea for a thread. I’ve just got home from my first onc appointment, going ahead with rads as planned, fifteen sessions. Need a planning CT scan first (really not liking the idea of being posted into a scanner, so that’s my next worry, always something eh) which won’t be for a couple of weeks as I’ve asked for some free time to take a holiday before rads start, as my other half will need to be back at work by the time I’m having/finished rads, so we won’t get opportunity for a proper holiday then.

Hope tomorrow goes as planned Sheena, and no more surprises x

I have my first appt with radiologist Friday,asked GP for some Valium as had to get out of CT scanner when I went for radioactive injection as had panic attack,hate feeling if being trapped.

Thanks ladies!

Good idea to delay and have your holiday, from what I have read a small delay won’t make any difference. Are you going anywhere hot and sunny!! I’m a little green with envy

I am a little nervous about tomorrow because last night I felt a hardish, moveable lumpy bit on my collarbone, I know we are all probably “feeling” and “seeing” things on our bodies now that a couple of months ago we would have never noticed!  So I am going to mention it tomorrow to see if that part of me will be in the CT scanner? If not may contact BC nurse, who I don’t get along with lol

Will keep you posted

Sheena xx

Yes, I think of is very easy to get paranoid,if I had already started Tamoxifen I would have put down my current psychological symptoms to that.You should ask though put your mind at rest , bet it is a cyst or fatty lump.

Oh? One needs a CT scan before planning radios? Oh @£)%(@, NOT ANOTHER ONE… I’ve been imaged to death already…

Unfortunately yes ,I had to ask to get out after a couple of minutes last time and force myself to get back in, asked GP today for some diazepam to stop me doing same next time.

Very bloody annoying cancer !Take the PowerPoint presentation ,will certainly freak them out,give you the upper hand!!! let them give you their presentation too though, only fair…

Mael,we would all rather retreat into bubble and deal with it all by e mail,you are not unusual in that,good night, good luck tomorrow.

Mael my lovely

wishing you all the best for tomorrow x your body,  your choice.  I know that you find this very difficult.  Life is for living whatever the risks our choices leave us with

I’m sure you are all right about my new collarbone drama, gosh I’m such a drama queen lol

ladies, we’re going to be honest and open here and have a tiny bit of fun too x

nite, I demand more than 4 hours tonight xx

Hi ladies

had the ct and tiny tattoos today, all painless and quite quick

my 1st session starts on 6 August x 15 feeling positive and looking forward to getting on with it broadly speaking! 

A dear friend came with me and went out for lunch and champagne afterwards, so nice!

hopefully everyone is doing okay

sheena xx

Hi. I’m still waiting for Oncologist app. Lumpectomy on 22 June and I’ve been told up to 12 week wait! My scar has healed but it is rock hard so have been told to massage it daily with bio oil. Wish I could just get on with radiotherapy…keep thinking the longer I wait…the more it could recur (I know it’s silly at this stage but mind is a powerful thing!) x

12 weeks that’s ridiculous,I have appointment Friday after op on the 18 th June,hopefully you won’t have to wait that long,there are guidelines they are supposed to work to.Ive been told it may be approx another 4 weeks til start radiotherapy,there is a lot of waiting in this blooming business isn’t there ?

Jennifer I have Ovarian cyste that needs to be removed too,had it for years getting bigger,was about to be referred back to Gynae to talk about getting it removed when BC was diagnosed.Cant face another op at moment.Had one removed a few years ago and another just grew back so this time they will take ovary too.Think I will leave that one for a while,don’t think my employers are going to be very impressed by me this year!!!

I spoke to breast surgeon about having both ovaries removed ,he was not convinced,he said that oestrogen has protective factors also and that tamoxifen will stop the action of oestrogen on any cancer cells.He said that I should get gynaecologist to write to him and they would discuss pros and cons in multi disciplinary meeting and let me know their thoughts.

I had a lumpectomy after being diagnosed with grade 2 invasive ductal cancer.  It was 15mm and after my operation (no node clearence) I was expecting radiotherapy as had been discussed.  I was shocked when I went for the results of the operation and the oncologist changed it to grade 3 (HER2-) and said it had actually got to 1 node and chemo was needed.  I have now had my 3 rounds of FEC and about to start the T.  I am worried about this as I have heard it is a much stronger treatment.  I can deal with this better if I know the worse I can expect but the oncologist would not discuss, saying everyone is effected differently.  This just makes me worry more.

Hi Deborah, if you go to the chemo monthly threads and ask the same question. there are lots of ladies going through chemo who will be able to give you first hand advice, none of us are quite at that stage yet.Thats rubbish that your consultant wouldn’t give some hard facts,I’m sure everyone is different but I’m sure he could have given you mots information.Sheena did you learn much about the T party of. FEC T when you looked into chemo?

Hopefully someone will be able to give Deborah some first hand information.

Thanks Jingo you must have been reading my mind as you posted , hopefully Deborah will be able to talk to people like yourself who have been there.