cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery this week

19 REPLIES 19
Caffy

Re: Surgery this week

No drains for me luckily. I'm just a bit sore and a bit tired really. Got to keep my dressings on for 2 weeks, but shape wise doesn't look too bad at the moment, though don't know how much of it is swelling!
Jax2000

Hi Chris, glad your op went ok and you have clear nodes. I've had to have level I and II removed. I'm still feeling OK..I actually don't even feel as tho I've had an operation! I took a couple of tablets last night even tho I was not in pain as I didn't want it to kick in during the night. Plus a friend, who had her op on a Thursday, told me she didn't feel anything until Sat eve. Have you got drains in? I have two and was a bit dubious about managing those, but so far ok...have drained last night and this morning. Will be interesting to see the 'results' when bandages are removed in a weeks time....tho I estimate I must weigh at least two stones lighter!!
Caffy

Hi Jax, sorry for lack of replies. I took my iPad in with me but didn't ever turn it on (most unlike me). I went down to theatre at 15:20 on Thursday despite having been there since 7am! Luckily they let me have some water during the morning! Op went ok, my nodes are clear which is a great relief. I'm home now, just a bit sore, like you I was a sick a couple of times and felt quite 'woozy' but they gave me some medication mid morning yesterday and it passed. Feeling a bit 'shell shocked' really as I've never had a n operation before but thought I might feel worse so not complaining! I'm in Cornwall by the way. I did wonder if any of the other ladies in my ward were you, but the other 2 in my bay both had mastectomies so I knew they weren't!! Hope you are feeling ok this morning. Cx
Jax2000

Hi Chris, hope all went well yesterday. As for me, I recall being in theatre with the nurse and then waking up 4hrs later in the recovery room. I can't even remember the anethesist coming into the room. I'm assuming all went well...haven't seen the doctor or BCN this morning as yet. Had a good nights sleep despite being woken every two hours for checks so I assume I'm on the right dosage of drugs to manage my LOW pain threshold although I havebeen sick a few times tho so hoping that subsides. Waiting for my morning cuppa.....hope that appears sooner rather than later!
Jax2000

Good luck Nick with your operation today
Jax2000

Hi Chris, Is your surgery this morning or afternoon? Just finished my breakfast before the 7am cut-off! Hope the hunger pangs don't set in before this afternoon. Whereabouts are you based if you don't mind asking...would be v strange if we ended up in the same ward today. I'm in Surrey.
familytree

Good point! every cloud n all that! 🙂 x

Mrscaladan

Thanks -at least I will be asleep most of the day today!
familytree

I can't sleep either Nick though you have more reason with an op pending! 

Good luck with it all.. soon be over x 

Lorna x

Mrscaladan

I am having TRAM flap reconstruction later today. Hopefully this will signify the end of my journey. Although I don't feel stressed or worried about the surgery I have been awake since 2am so my body obviously has other ideas.
Nick x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck ladies.
Caffy

Definitely onwards & upwards! Good luck, let's catch up again afterwards. Xx
Jax2000

Wow...that was a very good price! Having lymph node clearance as biopsy showed them to be positive 😒 I've had chemo already. Onwards n upwards hey?!
Caffy

I bought some sports bras in Asda. They were on offer 2 for £3! Are you having lymph node clearance or just sampling? I'm having sampling and they test it there & then.
Jax2000

Funnily enough I'm OK at the moment...maybe cos I'm in denial that I'm having the op tomorrow. Thanks for the tips...hadn't got throat sweets on my list. My Kindle is charged so is my MP3 player! And I have just come back from a lovely lunch with my girls as goodness knows when I'll be able to venture out again. What type of bra/top are you taking in to wear after the surgery? My BCN suggested one of those sporty bra top..or at least I think that's what she was recommending.
Caffy

Hi Jax, thanks for your reply. The useful hints & tips to take in I've seen are lip balm, throat sweets, slippers, spare knickers (!), a pillow, reading material. I'm starting to feel queasy with nerves now, must be time to get il and do something to keep my mind occupied. Good luck for tomorrow, let's keep in touch. Xxx
Jax2000

Hi Chris,
Having my op on Thursday (afternoon)....Therapeutic mammoplasty like you (left side). Having nodes removed as well. Not really sure what to expect or feel as consultation with surgeon seemed rather vague and I had to keep requesting information e.g how long is op likely to take? Can you tell me more about drains / cording. Do you have pics of what Breast may look like...But surgeon and Breast clinic nurse did answer all my questions, just thought that I'd be supplied with more information as not been through this before! Anyway, good luck for Thursday and as you say may be able to compare notes / offer support. Have you been given any good advice / tips of what to pack / take in to hospital with you? Did like the suggestion I saw of having a pillow/ cushion to use for return car journey
Caffy

Thanks Jill, I'll take a look in the morning.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Chris,there are 2 ladies on the thread "just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand " in the just diagnosed section ,having surgery this week,also a few people at similar stage talking and offering each other support if you want to join us.Jill.
Caffy

Surgery this week

Hi ladies

I am having a therapeutic mammoplasty (right side) & sentinel node testing on Thursday (23rd). I think I'm feeling ok about it though fully expect to be terrified by Thursday morning! I just wondered if there was anyone else on here having surgery this week so we can support each other & compare stories.

Wishing you all lots of luck
Chris x