1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery to natural breast

15 REPLIES 15
rebeldog

Re: Hi How did it go? Was it painful? Do you have any sensiti...

I find waiting times vary. I had 3 lots of lipomodelling over the implant and had to wait 6 months on 2 occasions and the last time was 9 months.Then after the last lot I saw my consultant in August when he agreed to do the lift and reduction and out of the blue had a telephone call  asking if I could go in  on 13th October. It took 2 years from having the implant As to booking a holiday I have always phoned his sectretary and told her of dates I will be away. He did the nipple reconstruction at the same time. Please don't loose your nerve this is the best bit. I can't explain how wonderful it is to lay in the bath with 2 level boobs and 2 nipples. I have bought some pyjamas from M & S top is a camisole with gentle support it's great to be level again

Chaze

Hi, I am hoping to have my "good" breast uplifted - my surgeon was very keen to do it. I have been waiting 6 months since last consultation and it has been over a year since I had my left breast reconstructed with silicone implants (still waiting for a nipple !!) so I am desperate to have matching boobs. Can't buy bras with 2 diferent cup sizes. Just wondered if everyone else has had to wait this long. Don't want to pester the surgeon if this is the normal waiting time. Find I can't plan ahead knowing my luck I'll book a holiday and then get an appointment for the same time! The longer it takes the more I'm starting to lose my nerve.

rebeldog

HI just wondering how it went and how you are.

rebeldog

Re: Surgery to natural breast

Giuliana hope all goes ok. Had my dressings off today I am.so pleased. The implant look s more normal. Can't wait for the tattooing x
rebeldog

Hi, no it has been amazingly pain free. I was given a strong pain killer before surgery, I only know because I said to the anaesthetist I feel funny and that was why. I was given codeine in hospital and some to bring home which I haven't taken. I live alone and have been able to look after myself.  I have been tired and permanently hungry and did feel ill at first if I forced myself to do too much the nurse said let your body tell you and it does by too much I mean picking up leaves after 4 days (well it was sunny thought fresh air would do me good) I have cut my lawn today! I was in hospital one night, they took my drain out as there was nothing in it then it all flew out so I came home with plastic one stuck on which I took off myself after 2 days. The nurse said it is ok to sleep on my side. I was driving within a week, although they do say 3 but I felt ready and had a check up last Wednesday and go back this week for stitches out. It looks really good no droop!! It is still swollen so can't tell how well the nipples line up. I have been told to wear a sports bra all the time they put one on as soon as you come out of theatre. I haven't had any restricted movement and am showering and washing my hair as normal. My breast has the same feeling and the nipple is sensitive but a bit tender still. Good luck hope they look after you as well as St James hospital did me. 

GiulianaB

Hi How did it go? Was it painful? Do you have any sensiti...

Hi

How did it go? Was it painful? Do you have any sensitivity left in the nipple and breast?

I would be very grateful if you could give me an idea. I m booked for 5/11.

G

rebeldog

Thank you both. Some people think u am mad having more surgery and the consultant and nurse who finally rang both say it may droop again and that the nipple reconstruction could infect the implant and I might have to have it taken out its good to hear from someone positive. I am nervous but I need it for me if that makes sense.
Bobbie1975

Can't tell you if its longer than this though as I only had the operation a week ago.
Bobbie1975

I had a therapeutic mammoplasty to my affected breast as they had to operate a second time due to not having a clear margin after the lumpectomy. I was advised to allow at least 3weeks and not to raise my arm above shoulder height for 2weeks. They generally keep you overnight because you have a drain in. I will need this on the other side too once my chemo and radiotherapy is over. Good luck xx
TibetOne

Hi I had dressings on in hospital which were removed on the morning of discharge along with one drain on the side where I had the largest reduction. I had glue so no external stitches, was allowed to get them wet after 3 days but I chickened out and just had face flannel washes the first week. Not ideal but I managed to feel clean afterwards, baby wet wipes were also a massive help!
Driving wise I found it made my arms ache so only did short journeys. Also found opening closing car door hard as had not much strength in my arms.
But 7 1/2 weeks later things much improved, still tender on one side but am overall very pleased with the result X ask anything else you can think of
rebeldog

thank you that is really helpful. Can't get hold of my breast care nurse I know they are busy but she never rings back. When I got the date I realised I knew about the operation but not what it would be like afterwards. I am hoping to be able to drive to make most of my time off. How long were the dressings on? I hate not being able to shower when I know it would make me feel better

TibetOne

Ps front fastening short pjs and bra were so useful, also bought lots of face flannels for washing when I couldn't get incisions wet x
TibetOne

Hi I had WLE and large bilateral reduction 7 weeks ago.
My experience was:
Lot less painful than I expected, paracetamol and ibuprofen was fine. Arnica worked brilliantly for swelling and bruising.
It's still very tender now 7 weeks on.
What could I do afterwards?
Surprisingly little but it was both sides. Straws, plastic cups, lighter to lift, things on low shelves etc.
I was a lot more tired than I expected, drove after 4 weeks which was ok but made my arms ache.
Managed to get back to office work after 3 1/2 weeks but very careful lifting anything.
Dog walking ok as he's only smallish.
I was very careful, mainly as I was paranoid about splitting the incisions over and also I was tired after the long operation. I was in 2 nights but my operation wasn't till mid afternoon.
Please message me with any questions you have, good luck xx
rebeldog

Thank you. I will let you know. Can't believe it came so quick the surgeon took some pursuading and I only saw him in August .
Scarab_196

Hi Rebeldog - sorry I can't really help but just wanted to say good luck for your surgery next week!  I will be going through the same in December or January so I would be really grateful if you could let me know how you get on? 

The only piece of info I have to go on regarding time off work is that my surgeon said it might be 3 weeks after the op before I can drive, if that helps you at all? 

Hope all goes well x

rebeldog

Surgery to natural breast

I have finally got my date 13th October. I am having my natural breast reduced and lifted and nipple reconstruction on the implant. I am wondering what to expect after surgery such as how much will I be able to do and how long I will need to have off work. The secretary says I may be in overnight. I would love to hear from anyone who has had this.