Surgery to take away lymph nodes and clear margins

Have any of you lovely ladies had surgery to take out lymph nodes and clear margins after chemo but not with masectomy as I have alreafy had a lumpectomy before chemo?
I have just completed chemo treatment and have my op on 22nd January and was wondering if you have any tips to make it as easy and comfortable as possible. TIA.xx

I had a WLE and 34 lymph nodes removed on 31st an last year. My tips are to take the painkiller for as long as youneed them and do the exercises every day that they recommend. Be kind to yourself and get a mixture of plenty rest but also do some walking.Drink plenty water to keep hydrated. I still continue doing the exercises every day otherwise my arm still gets stiff and tight. . Hope your op goes well take care xxx

Read september thread Delly. See CK’s good news x

Hi Delly
Thank you for asking and thanks Ali. Hope you are both good. I had my op on 22nd Jan and got my results on 30th Jan. Good results at last. No cancer, 18 lymph nodes out, non affected. Clear margins. No more surgery and chemo has done its job. I had the drain in for a week and it didnt hurt when it was taken out. Im now resting, doing my exercises and going to work Fri to Sun. My oncologist appointment is on 14th Feb when I will be told rads start date.
Daughter home from uni so we have spent a few girly days together and seen a few friends to celebrate the good news.xx

Hi Delly,
In my hospital they always do rads after wide lump excision unless it’s a dcis. I thinks that’s in line with “nice” guidelines.
Cx