cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery today!!!

5 REPLIES 5
gemini22

Re: Surgery today!!!

Thank you all for your good wishesSmiley Happysurgery over and now at home recovering. All went well i had a wonderful team taking care of me and am keeping the painkillers well topped up. Results in 2 weeks but just taking one step at a time.

Good luck to everyone for the coming week.

All the best, Linda x

lazy_jane

Hi gemini
I had a mastectomy and a Ld flap reconstruction 2 weeks ago, apart from feeling a bit sore and swollen. I'm just on paracetamol now. Take it easy and don't worry if you burst into tears, I did twice in hospital and the nurses were so understanding. Hope all goes well for you. Lots of hugs
Horseslave

Best of wishes today Gemini. There is nothing I can say that will prepare you sufficiently for your own individual experience. Don't feel ashamed to take as many drugs as you can to relieve any discomfort, don't worry if you cry and don't know why you are crying. I am on day 6 after my mastectomy and implant and starting to feel a bit better, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Xxxxxxxx
Lucy_BCC

Hi Gemini22

Hope all goes well today, you may find the BCC 'Your operation and recovery' information helpful over the coming weeks:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/your-operation-recovery-bcc1...

Take care
Lucy BCC

Zuleika

Linda, good luck today . You will be fine, just go with the flow. I had WLE and SNB last June, then mx last August and yesterday implant recon .
My only advise is, take it easy, look after yourself. The armpit wound was the most sore, like a burning sensation, but it was manageable. Do not try to do any housework and eat lots of fruit.
Good luck 😃
gemini22

Surgery today!!!

Hi everyone

Well after 4 weeks of waiting surgery day has arrived and i am feeling so nervous. Reading your post op posts have been keeping me calm (until this morning!) but i am trying to focus on it soon being over. I am having WLE SNB and a breast reduction too - has anyone else had the reduction at the same time? I should get home on Friday so please please send me any advice to help with the recovery.Thanks!

Good luck to everyone going for surgery or getting results today.

Best wishes to all

Linda x