1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surgery today!

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Surgery today!

Thanks for your reply Debbie.  I'm having two guidewires fitted to 'bracket the area' which is being done in the mammography department. I asked about the blue dye and surgeon said that would be done in theatre.

Xena, hope you are feeling ok today.  Onwards and upwards.

Love

Michele xxx

Hi xena, so pleased your out, im not surprised you feel like a space cadet, its such a long day, if uou are like me you will feel on a high that this stage is done, but can barely keep your eyes open, sending gentle hugs

Debbie x

I'm out now, been discharged, feeling like a bit of a space cadet and ready for my bed!
Thank you Debbie, gives me an idea of what to expect.

Debbie

It will be the aneasthetic, it takes several days to get out of your system initially so just go with sleeping as you need it and it will soon pass.

I found that the lymph node scar was sore whereas my tumour scar was not too when I had mine done, again that will get easier as time goes on xx

Im fine not too sore, under arm is worse than boob, i feel very tired still could fall asleep at the drop of a hat, i havent done alot being spoilt by hubby, ive started my excercises and they dont hurt to do, tomorrow im goingto go for a walk, i think its the annasetic that makes you feel tired, all the best for today hope you dont have to long a wait xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Can't believe you are still waiting !!!!

Ah thank you for your replies, I'm still waiting!!! I got bumped to last on list, so I'm officially hangry now!😂 Husband though is not as we were permitted a wander so he got something to eat!
The injections were fine, a bit achey but nothing too bad.
Debbie, how has recovery been since Tuesday? What do you feel up to doing?

Hi michelle, yes i had the wire, i was on hormone treatment prior to my op to maintain it while i had my holiday, the meds can shrink it, so they put a titanium clip in back in may. Day of op, i had the wire put in to the clip. I had ultrisound scan , to locate clip, then anesetic, and guide wire put in, then mammogram to make sure it was in place, then i had nuclear medicine injection in nipple, i was very anxious with every procedure, but every thing was fine and did not hurt,, i then sat in a waiting room with 2 other ladies waiting for our surgery, we all had plastic cups over our wires and sat there like madonna ha, one lady said she might turn her right nipple to see if she could get a radio signal, we did have some fun banter xx

Hi Ladies,

Good luck for op Xena.  Hope you are recovering well Debbie. 

Just wondering if any of you had to have the guidewire inserted pre-op and if so what was it like?

Love and best wishes

Michele xxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Yes I found it a great relief too,whilst it's still in you ,you just keep thinking about it spreading !!!

I am feeling very tired, but very good in myself, bit sore but no way as bad as i imagined , i think for me its a massive relief knowing the lump has been removed, and another stage done ,

Debbie x
Jill1998
Community Champion

How are you recovering Debbie ?
Jill1998
Community Champion

I really don't know why they do that when they know you are going to be sat around all day .Last op I had (not breast op) they had a morning and an afternoon list and some people came in at 7.30 others at 12.30 makes more sense .

I agree with you there jill, i was admitted at 730, was 4th on the list, ym op was 4 oclock discharged at 930 was a ver long day, all the offered me was a coffee and biscuit, and biscuit i couldnt eat as im on gluten free diet, i was starving, hubby pulled into mcds on the way home to get me chips lol

Debbie x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck Xena ,do you know where you are on the list ?The waiting around is the worst bit .

Good luck xena, i had my op tuesday, nuclear medicine injection i had in breast screening , i was very worried, but i can assure you was slight scratch, nothing to worry about, i then had blue dye injection in theatre but they did that while i was asleep, all the best

Debbie x

Oh, good luck.  And I had to laugh at you telling your husband not to eat.  I think if I did that to mine he'd be more concerned about his belly than about me! 

Surgery today!

Oo I'm a bit nervous. Not about the op, but having the injections, particularly the blue dye one! I'm not even afraid of needles, just worries it's going to hurt my boob.
I'm having a lumpectomy and lymph biopsy.
Husband is here with me though.
Once I go into theatre I've got him busy nipping to m&s to pick up a couple of bras for me! I've also told him he isn't allowed to eat until I can 😂