Surgery tomorrow

Going in for breast conservation surgery tomorrow then a 2 week wait for my results. All I know is I have one lump stage 3 ductal ER+. Will have sentinel node taken. Feeling worried and relieved at same time. What should I be asking?

Hi Lye,

Yes, worried and relieved, that sounds familiar. Glad to get rid of the invader finally, but fearful of the surgery, results and next steps of treatment. Can I ask, have they told you the lump is stage 3 or grade 3? (stage refers to how advanced the cancer is and grade refers to how ‘different from normal cells’ the cancer cells are).

My husband said grade 3, he was with me when I was told.

I am having sentinel node biopsy at same time. I will be there all day and surgery will be afternoon.

How are you getting on Lye X ?

I had a 14mm lump removed with clear margins but some micro cells in lymph nodes. Seen oncologist today and offered OPTIMA trial or straight to chemotherapy. I am undecided. The trial could avoid chemotherapy if I am randomly placed in the test group using Prosigna genome. I have been reading up on the trial but it’s quite new.

I go to surgery on the 29th Im 85 years old but I want to keep going so I’m going to overcome this. Age doesn’t matter if you are enjoying life .All you ladies out there stay positive what ever age you are. I have stage 2 lump and taking Ltetrozole Is  it my imagination or has the lump got smaller? Taking it about a month now.   So lumpectomy and sentinole node removal  Will the pathologist find more or will I be clear.? We’ll wait and see  so hears hoping. Good luck , deep breathing and beautiful thoughts in your head does help  I always have pictures there of my lovely family and the fun we have Don’t forget your favourite place .

New to this forum but just wanted to get this off my chest !!

Welcome Shirlgirl - love your attitude - there is no reason why you can’t beat this no matter what your age .Lots of support here - not all doom and gloom we have a good laugh too .Hopefully the letrozole is doing an excellent job and shrinking that lump !!! Best wishes .Jill .

hope your surgery has gone well for you?