Surgery week ago. GP comment = scared!?

Hi guys… Well it’s been a week now since my surgery. Couldn’t believe how well I felt the day/days after! 

Wednesday I started feeling “different”, at first I thought it was a change of bra… But following my appointment at plastics dressing clinic I was told I’m more sore now due to everything coming back to life, the swelling and bruising! I’m still not 100% as to what my plastic consultant has done!?.. My breast looks the same size as before, I was expecting a misshapen smaller one… Though allowed to have light shower I’m still fearful of looking at the wound let alone touching it! Feel queasy just typing about it! Silly?? 

Back to plastics next week and still waiting for appointment with Miss S for pathology results and next steps treatment!.. Dreading that! Should hear by first wk November. 

My GP rang me Wednesday regarding what I was happy with going on my dr note. She said she’s had e-mails and letters keeping her informed. Now, am I being paranoid? Reading to much into things? But she asked me if I knew what’s next? If I’d been told? I said waiting for results and next plan, that radiotherapy mentioned and medication (which she agreed with). She then said “No mention of chemo?”… I said told wait results and see? She said oh right ok… Does she know / or been told something I haven’t yet?!?.. Hubby seems to think I’d be told first?.. Trying not to stress about it but it’s not easy??? ? Anyway, thank you all for your continuing love and support xxx Tina 

Hi Tina, my G.P got letters e mails etc all through my diagnosis/treatment to keep him informed as there is such a lot going on in the beginning,my treatment was straight forward no hidden surprises so try not to worry.On the results front, they seem to take about a week after surgery then they are discussed in multi disciplinary team meeting ( Oncoligists surgeon etc) who usually meet once a week to agree on a treatment plan.Lots of factors are taken into consideration and if there is a even a marginal benefit from chemo they will discuss this with you but that does not necessarily mean you would have to go down that route.Good luck.Jill.

You become aware of every ache and pain and can’t help but think it’s something to worry about, after all our bodies have ready sprung one nasty surprise on us haven’t they?Most people have exactly the same feelings but most have nothing else going on at all.Try to keep busy and have people around you as much as possible ,much easier to dwell on the negatives when you are on your own.

Hi Tina, I had a mastectomy the same time as you had your operation so all my love to you on the journey. Your not paranoid Tina  its an awful shock and the fear is hard to explain because unless youve gone through it you cant honestly begin to imagine what its like. Unlike you I have zero support from my GP apart from a demand that I go and see them in their surgery the day after my operation. They never even turned up for the appointment. My conclusion was that they know as much as you and the real experts that we need to listen to are the hospital care team. We are lucky Tina I went to Cardiff and was utterly amazed at what technologies that are available to us now. So breast cancer is now very treatable, that’s the good news but its comes with a bag of highly complex treatments that thank God are very specific to each of us. So Ive had to accept that if I want the best I must listen to that team. Our job is to keep calm to help the healing. Give yourself a hug its going to be OK and accept its been a bad day. We all have them. Do let us know how it goes from the results. Luv Sue xx

As mentioned,GPs get info from the hospital regarding your treatment.Mne chalked me in for a "blood pressure check"when I got there,it had Breast Cancer across her screen…and she just wanted to know how I was doing!i think you are reading into things…however,that is to be expected.Looks as if you’d GP is looking after you.