Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sussex Secondaries Lunch

79 REPLIES 79
Community Champion

Re: Sussex Secondaries Lunch

Hello all,

Sorry it's been quiet here and there's been such a gap in lunches.

We have had several deaths over the past few months and nearly all of the original lunch group have passed away. I've found this hard and am sad. I'm really sorry but the truth is that I've lost heart and no longer want to organize the meetings.

If anyone wants to take over temporarily or permanently I'd be very pleased for you to do so as I'm sure there are still members and possible new members out there.

I'll keep an eye on the thread and if I can will come along to some of the lunches. I wish you all the very best.

Julie xx

Community Champion

I think I've managed to contact everyone I've got contact details for but just incase there is anyone who doesn't know I'm sorry but the lunch this Thursday (13th Nov) has had to be cancelled.

I shall sort a date out for December and get back to you all. xx

I will be there but possibly not until 1.30

Monica

Community Champion

A quick update.

Lunch on Thursday might be a smaller group, I cannot come myself as have had to have CT arranged and it's come through for 13th! I know that one or two me3mbers are on new treatments and may not be up to it.

Rosie21, send me a message if you want more details about the lunches in general and this ones time etc

Hope you have a good lunch and will see you in December xx

Community Champion

Hi Rose21,

Nice to hear from another 'local' girl. I did try to send you a Personal Message but it says you've not got messages enabled. If you enable messages I'll contact you. Otherwise would you like me to respond here on the thread?

Julie x

Hi Rose we are a friendly bunch, I joined earlier this year. I am sure Julie will be along soon to give you more details.

Moneck

Please send me more details about this event would like to come along but not sure never been to one before. Sharon.

See you there!!

Community Champion

The next lunch is at usual place at Brighton Marina. It's on Thursday 13th November about 1- ish

I will contact those of you I have contact details for. Any secondary women welcome so please contact me if you are interested and I'll give you more details  xx

Community Champion

Hope I've managed to contact everyone who was planning on coming today! Sorry it had to be cancelled at last minute. Will post new dates and contact people again soon. xx

See you there.

Community Champion

Ok, sorry it's taken a while but have now got the October date sorted, hope it's not to short notice! It will be at usual place at 1 o'clock on Wednesday 8th October. Look forward to seeing those able to make it.

The Nov and Dec dates are not fully confirmed but preliminary dates are:

Nov  one of 11/12/13h

Dec either 15/16/17th

Will post definite dates soon (I hope!)

As usual any new women always welcome PM me for any more details if you wish.

Hope to see you soon xx

Community Champion

Sorry you couldn't join us today Liz. I didn't go to the funeral and made it to the lunch afterall! Was a small gathering of 4 but very enjoyable and did me good - thanks ladies!

Will get some dates sorted for the next 2 or 3 and will post them on here.

xx

No problems Liz will pm you later with contact details. Hope you feel better and hope to see you next month.

Lynn x

So sorry ladies but I will have to cancel coming over for lunch. Had friends staying at the weekend and it has left me zonked!!! Sorry it's late Lynn , don't have a contact number for you. Liz xx
Highlighted

Liz 1 pm sounds good to me, I will send Mags a facebook message and will phone Lesley over the weekend. See you there. We normally try to get a table downstairs near the loos !

Lynn

Hi ladies

I will be there, looking forward to seeing you all again.

what time ? 1pm? Xx
Community Champion

Just bumping this up in hopes that more lovely ladies will spot the post and join in the lunch.
You won't be on your own Lynn, I think they will be along to confirm it themselves but I know that both Liz and Mags are def. planning to attend and maybe Lesley? and others hopefully.....Have fun girls and will see you at next one xx

I will be there so hopefully someone will join me ! Look forward to seeing whoever can make it. Any new ladies who wish to join us and need details PM me.

Lynn x

I will not be able to be there, see you all in September, Monica

Community Champion

The next lunch is due on Tuesday 19th August. It will be at the usual pub at Brighton Marina.

I shant actually be there myself so am not co-ordinating things as closely.

May I suggest that you post on here whether you are going or not (and if you've got other people's private details you contact them too) Don't want just one of you to turn up, that wouldn't be that much fun!

Have a good lunch those that go, I'll sort the next date out soon and will post again xx

Community Champion

We had a small but very pleasant lunch meet on 9th. It was especially good to see Lemongrove (Lesley) looking brighter and more like her old self.

To give people enough notice, particularly as school holidays are upon us(!), the next meeting is hopefully Tuesday 19th August, venue not certain but likely to be Brighton...watch this space!
Community Champion

Apologies! Thought I had posted here but obviously not!!
Late notice now but next lunch is Wed 9th - this Wednesday at Brighton Marina (usual place) at 1.
I think I've contacted most of you sooner but for those who get updates here I'm sorry for short notice!
Hope you can get there xx
Community Champion

That's good news! As Linda says, enjoy your chemo break.

Due to holidays etc  the next lunch is likely to be toward start of July but will post here and contact those of you I havemobile/emails for. Till then lets hope we get some nice dry sunny weather......

Look after yourselves and catch-up soon xx

Brilliant news Monica,enjoy the break from treatment.

Lynn xx

I had good news yesterday, no bone mets - just the 'condition' in the bones they spotted last year. Tumour markers stable while been on the chemo break so he is no rush to restart the Capecitabine until they go upwards. To monitor my weight & if neccessary the abdomen will be drained. Will see me again in 6 - 8 weeks, meanwhile to enjoy myself!!

Monica Smiley Happy Woman Happy

Hi all,

It was a great lunch with really nice people! Hope everyone is doing ok . I have my appointment at the Brighton clinic on the 3rd June so will let you know how it goes. Love to all xx
Community Champion

Monica, that's good news - well done! Hope you'll get answers to your questions when you see Onc.

To the ladies from Tuesday, today I had a call from one of the oncology secretaries to say my appt has been rescheduled to next with my preferred onc. - the letter worked!!

Holding U Gently in my thoughts,

Monica

Community Champion

Thank you girls. Glad you enjoyed it, so did I! It always lifts me meeting up with you all. Specially nice to meet two more lovely women today.Will keep you informed about future dates

Julie xx

I also enjoyed today - many thanks for the lift. I look forward to the next one!!

Monica

Throughly enjoyed my lunch and meeting Linda, Monica, Julie and Liz. Many thanks Sophy (the Hastings gal) X

Lovely to meet you all for lunch today, it was really enjoyable. Nice to put names to faces. Thank you Julie for organising and special thanks to the chauffeur.

Linda xx

Community Champion

Looking forward to tomorrow though it looks like it will be a small gathering, just me Linda and Monica plus our two new girls Zara (Sophy?) and Liz. If anyone else wants to pop along, please feel free - the moreSmiley Very Happy the merrier....xx

Community Champion

LizH, that's great! Looking forward to meeting you! Trying to get an idea of numbers so you know what size of group to look for. Are you on FB?

Moneck it will be good to see you again if you can make it. I'm hoping that Linda and Gel will there, there wil also be another new face Zara, and hopefully a couple of the Kent girls.

Getting excited now!

xxxx

Looking forward to meeting the ladies from the east - Sussex & Kent!!

Hi Julie,

I would love to come next week! See you there. Not sure how i will recognize the group?! I will hang around , hope i don't look too dodgy and they throw me out!!

Liz xx
Community Champion

Hello!

Just a reminder that the next  meet up is Tuesday 13th May. This time we'll be meeting in Bexhill at the De La Warr Pavillion. It's not too far from the station and there is parking close by too, parking in the De La Warr is expensive so better off using stret parking. Planning to meet about 1 ish.

Hope to see as many of you as possible, we welcome new members so don't be shy.....xx

Community Champion

Really looking forward to seeing you all thisafternoon!

It looks like the Kent girls can't make it this time but they send love and say hello.

At the moment I think we have, Me, Linda,  Lesley, Gel, Mags, Joanna and a very welcome new member Monica.

If there are any others out there who want to join us, don't be shy just come along

Julie xx

Looking forward to meeting friends old and new.See you all next week.

Lynnxx

Community Champion

Moneck hello!

Sorry you've had to join the secondary gang. I was dx with bone mets 11 years after primary dx, it's a shock isn't it?!

Yes of course you can join us it will be lovely to meet you! Smiley Very Happy

If you have any questions or want my email/mobile details just PM me.

Julie x

I am new to the Forum, diagnosed in October 13 years after first tumour. I am triple neg & on Capecitabine. I have an odd side effect of the feeling of an icepack in my back, neck & head, So wear lots of layers as I don't know when warm enough!! Can I join you for lunch? I live locally to the marina.

Community Champion

Had a couple of replies so just bumping the post up. Would be good to see you lovely ladies on April 2nd xx

Thanks for doing that Julie. I can make the first one for definate and will have to work through the other dates depending on hospital dates. See you for lunch !!

Community Champion

Hello girls!

Sorry it has been a while, I've not forgotten you it's just been a difficult/busy few months - nothing dramatic, just life!

I think we need to be a little more organized so that we do get relatively regular meets/lunches so I'm going to post the next four dates so we've got plenty of time to get them in our diaries.

At the moment they are mainly Tuesday and Wednesdays, if those dates are particularly difficult ie treatment days then maybe we could swap some dates.

The first one is Wednesday 2nd April, at 1 o'clock at the usual pub (Quay West) in Brighton Marina.

The next dates are Tuesday 13th May, Wednesday 9th July, Tuesday 19th August.That gives us about 6-8 week intervals.

I'm aware that most of our meets are in Brighton and whilst that's easy for most to get to there may be other venues easier for some. Zara68, I know that travelling isn't really an option for you so if there is anywhere that you can easily get to where we could meet let us know and we'll do a lunch/tea whatever closer to you.LizH hope you've now moved and settled and can join us. Ratsypan hope you are doing ok and can make the next one.

To my other regular ladies that lunch hope you can make it. It'll be good to see you all!

Julie xx

hi i live in hastings. welcome to the area.  be good to meet up sometime. x

Hi Julie,

thanks for the reply!

enjoy your Christmas too.

look forward to meeting up.

Liz x
Community Champion

Hi Liz!

Welcome to Sussex!

We'd love you to join us. Not got a date sorted for Jan yet but watch this space! Will also PM you when we've got something sorted.

Have a good Christmas! xx

Oops, that should have been big not bog!! Not good with my touch phone yet!!

Hi ladies,
I shall soon be moving to Bexhill from London, bog move for myself and hubby but looking forward to being by the sea!!
are you meeting in January? Would love to join

all the best xx