Sweaty armpit

So 4 days after surgery and struggling to keep my armpit fresh trying to not get dressing under arm wet is resulting in a very sweaty pit using wipes but not really doing anything to help with odor I feel quite fit in myself but feel dirty!!! Not used to not being able to wear deodorant! I’m dreading not being able to shave :slight_smile:

My consultant said it was ok to have a shower so long as I didn’t direct it hard over the wounded side. So kind of a gentle quick wash. I had the transparent waterproof drsssing though.

Getting to a point of wanting to shave pit but after ANC that’s not going to happen!

Hi Mishy

im 3 weeks post mastectomy and armpit issue is one I won’t forget ! I used an electric razor about a week after surgery but only has 3 nodes out. Dove do a deodorant which is alcohol and parablen  free which I got from amazon and like magic I smelt good again ! My BC team were ok with this but of course best to check xx

I’ve been keeping area around my arm pit clean but I’m a sweater! I had 5 nodes out as well as boob lump out, it’s the dressing thats a bit ugh! DN is coming tomorrow so she might change it, I’ve been looking on Google for chem free deodorant but I’ll check first!!! Pleased I’m not the only one who feels like sweaty betty!