Swelling after Lumpectomy and SenitolNodeBiopsy

Hi had my op on Monday. My arms now tingling and feels as if fluid is building up. Is this normal.

Hi Nel

The SNB can cause all sorts of strange sensations in your arm: numbness, tingling, a feeling similar to bad sunburn, bruised feeling right down to the elbow. Mine had just started to subside after my SNB when they went in again to clear the rest of the lymph nodes. 4 weeks down the line and it’s just starting to feel a bit more normal. I think it’s something to do with nerve damage to the arm from where they go in. x

Hi nel yes I had swelling about 2 days after felt like I had a ball under arm pit and my arm hung at a funny angle for about a week . I did get checked by nurse 4 days on . I found gentle walking/ movement helped . Hope ur ok x

Doing the gentle exercises they have given you helps to limit the swelling. Tingling is good, by the way - the medics would be worried if you didn’t have it!

Thanks girls … bit uncomfortable stood on the scales and am 5 lbs heavier than 2 days ago ankles swolken too. Suppose just have to suck it up (lol) and see.