Swelling and fluid build up

Swelling and fluid build up

Swelling and fluid build up Hi all,
My mum got diagnosed with invasive breast cancer on the 25th Nov and had her left breast removed on the 19th dec,
she has been making good recovery but now has some swelling on the breast area around the scar but it has gone hard with the fluid build up.
we have read about a condition called Limphemedia ( not sure on the spelling ) but im worried as its very hard and im concerned this isnt going to go down.
Please please could someone put my mind at rest and advise if anyone else has been through this…

many thanks

Tina

dont worry1 hi tina i had my mascectomy back in july 06 and i had my nodes removed and i still to this day get fluid build up, i feel as if im carrying a clutch bag under my arm. i wouldent worry if i was you as its still only weeks since your mam had her op and ive been told it could take a long time after mascectomy for your body to heal. if your mams fluid build up is causing pain then the nurses at the hospital can drain it to relieve the pressure, im sure some of the other ladies on hear will tell you the same as me , i hope this can put your mind at rest take care xxx suzee