Swimwear Stress

This may seem like a really unimportant thing but… I am hoping someone can help.

I am about to go on holiday and am desperately looking for suitable swimwear. I had a left-side mastectomy and have been using a prosthetic quite comfortably for a while now. I have purchased a “swim-boob” ready for the trip but when I look at Mastectomy swimwear it only mentions built in pouched for prosthetics but nothing about support for the remaining breast.

I am rather well endowed and am concerned that I will end up with my prosthetic sitting in teh correct location whilst my remaining real breast is hanging out somewhere around my waist!

If anyone has any advice on places that sell some kind of swimwear with built in bra’s (for larger ladies: E-Cup) and preferable high neck lines then I would really appreciate it.

I want so much to be looking forward to this holiday but I am getting more and more anxious about it every day.

Pippa

i am rather smaller than you but the same anxieties are there!!

i remember being given some swimwear brochures after surgery but they were really quite expensive so I chucked them

what I did was to get a lovely bright sports bra ( which often have pockets) from TKMax and also cordinating bottoms ( or Lycra shorts) I then wear a Lycra t shirt on top ( which caters for all sorts of horrors!

its probably not what you want but it’s a thought

please don’t let it spoil your excitement

where are you off to?

cath

x

Hi Pippa, i too have a left sided mastectomy, other side is a 40DD. I bought a cossy from Ameona, it was £40, chlorine resistant and supported me really well on both sides. I used an aqua Knitted knocker to fill left side out and they are fab, they dry really quickly too. I would go as far as to say i felt confident in my swimwear and didn’t wear the sarong i bought as it was too hot in Tenerife. Hope you find something suitable so you can relax and enjoy your hols ?xx