1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swollen breast and armpit lymph node

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Swollen breast and armpit lymph node

Ditto, ask for a referral. If the breast clinic can put your mind at rest then it's well worth it.

Re: Swollen breast and armpit lymph node

I think we would all say yes, see your GP about it, but most lumps are not breast cancer. Other conditions can cause swollen lymph nodes and might benefit from treatment.

Cheryl

Guest user
Not applicable

Swollen breast and armpit lymph node

A month ago I had an ultrasound and was told I have a swollen lymph node in my right breast and one in my right armpit. I had been experiencing an achy right breast for a few months prior to this, and had found a movable small lump (the lymph node).

I have had no infection, etc, and a month later the lymph nodes are still swollen and the breast and sometimes, armpit, are achy. I am extremely worried due to having used what was imo a carcinogenic medication (Spironolactone).

Ultrasounds are something like 85% accurate in diagnosing, is this right?

I'm thinking I will go to my GPs tomorrow and ask to be re-referred to the breast clinic, and ask for a Core Biopsey. What do you think? I'm mainly incredibly worried due to the Spironolactone. Surely a Core Biopsy is the only way to get a definate answer re whether or not it is breast cancer, or am I being unnecessarily anxious?

The breast lymph node is also in the upper outer quadrant, where 45% of breast cancer occurs.