Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swollen breast - help!

5 REPLIES 5
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Swollen breast - help!

Hi Lolabelle

Sorry to hear your bcn has let you down, but glad to hear you have been able to get an appt to see your surgeon so quickly - excellent news.

Have a look at the lymphoedema board - there are lots of recent threads about this - and there are things that can be done so don't let anyone fob you off.

Good luck! - tell us how you got on, won't you.

X

S

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks ladies - i have contacted my bc surgeon and am off on Thursday afternoon to see him as my bc nurse has been crap frankly! Strangely the bigger boob is like those boobs i always wanted -firm, bigger and perter BUT becoming quite uncomfortable and i don't want further repurcussions and i presume that something can be done?? The internet can be a minefield when you start Googling so thank you so much for your feedback xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi lizzie

Don't be put off by the fact that it is your local hospice offering lymphoedema care. This is very common and the treatment there can often be superior to an NHS lymphoedema clinic. I've been treated in one in the past and frankly, it was a joy after hospital. Free (and easy) car parking, calm, yet cheerful, atmosphere, unstressed staff. Not a distressing experience at all - the lymphoedema treatment room was also located close to reception, so there was no trekking through the building involved

You must be very uncomfortable.....do consider going....MLD is almost sure to help and they may be able to assist you in getting a compression top to wear (there are threads about this on the lymphoedema board here)

X

S

Guest user
Not applicable

I have lymphoedema in the affected breast - it is at least 2 cup sizes larger than the unaffected one. I was very concerned about it, as my original tumour was non-palpable (found on my 3rd, 3 yrly mammo). At my 5 yrly review with my bc surgeon last February, he said it was lymphoedema (I don't have it in my arm) and nothing to worry about - something to do with having total axillary removal. I asked about seeing an MLD nurse, but they don't have one at my hospital, even though it is now a University teaching hospital, and he said to contact the local hospice! I don't feel like going there at present.

Liz.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi lolabelle

What did the plastic surgeon say? Did he mention lymphoedema? And what, if anything, to do about the swelling?

Have you seen the thread 'Lymphoedema in breast'? (On the lymphoedema, board, but just below this post at the moment). If that's what you've got, you are not alone.

I think you need to speak to your breast care nurse asap, to get some help and treatment organised.

X

S

Guest user
Not applicable

Swollen breast - help!

Hi ladies, wondered if you could help. Had a lumpectomy back in Jan and then further node removal in feb and then chemo and rads. Finished all treatement over 3 months ago but the breast being treated is now soooo much bigger than the other one. I went to see a plastic surgeon yesterday and he noticed it immediately and when i went home i'm surprised i hadn't picked up on it so i presume its very recent. Its like a pumped up full version of my other saggy empty one but it makes it look so much bigger and i wondrede if anyone else has had some experience of this or whether or not i should start worrying - been up since 5am quietly panicking!! Not the first time my breasts have made me scared but trying not to overreact x