Swollen milk ducts and had biopsy.

Hi
Can anyone give me some advice on what could be happening inside my breast?
I had a mamogram last Thursday, they called me back in for another one straight away, I then had the ultrasound which the consultant said they have found my ducts swollen right back to the nodes. They did a biopsy immediately, and I’m just waiting for the results.
What are the chances of this being cancer? could the ducts just swell and become infected somehow for no reason?
I had pain in the breast for over a month, I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago, no one has said anything, I’m just left wondering whats next.

Hi pipsqueak and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sure your fellow users will be along soon with support and understanding that waiting for results is a very worrying time

Please feel free to call our helpliners to talk through your concerns and queries, the lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000.

Take care

Lucy

Hi Lucy
Thank you, and thank you for this great website. I have been reading peoples posts and have gained a lot of strength from everyone.

Sorry I can’t give you any advice about your specific query but glad you have found the forum.
There are a lot of lovely ladies here who have been through a huge range of test/diagnosis/treatements so I am sure someone will be along shortly with a knowledgable response.
The waiting for results as anyone will tell you is the worst part of everything and my way of dealing with it was to keep busy and try to focus on something other than the test and result (I do realise that is easier said than done).
Hope everything goes well but please post and let us know how you get on.
Take Care
Karen

Hi Karen
Thank you. I am trying to be as positive as I can until I know more.
This forum is excellent it has helped me no end. As soon as I know the results I will post them.
Take care
Pippa

Hi pipsqueak,
I too have enlarged ducts in myright breast, I went for ultrasound, and that’s all they said but since then have been in pain, so am going back to breast clinicc (waiting for appointment), as I am not happy and either is my GP,
You’ll find alot of support here, can I just ask is your pain there all the time? as mine is now and I get a tangling feeling.
Big hugs to youXX

Hi
Just got my results from the breast nurse, she said I’m clear, no cancer, but advised me to keep my appointment with the consultant on the 26th November.
The pain is there all the time and is also painful under my arm, it doesn’t tingle, it just hurts. I can deal with pain as long as it’s not cancer.
Thank you for your post and support, I do hope you find out soon what is wrong.
Big hugs to you too.
xx