Symptoms of stopping anastrozole/tamoxifen?

Hi all

My mum has recently been diagnosed with secondary BC (skin mets, lungs and kidneys - lungs and kidneys only small nodules so far). She was moderate er+ so was on anastrozole, then changed to tamoxifen when it reappeared in her lymph node (original node they did not take out in error), and now taken off any hormone treatment as it was going to have become completely triple neg.

since stopping the tamoxifen she has found her sore wrist have improved but she has other symptoms appearing. Shooting pains, general acches and mild headaches. She said that they come and go in different parts of her body so where it is moves about. It gets worse in an evening when she is in bed.

Mum did start chemo on Thursday but these pains where occurring before this.

Could it be related to stopping the tamoxifen/anastrozole? Has anyone experienced this or heard of it happening?

Thanks for any advice.
Xx

Hi Daisy1975,

I am sorry that you and your mum are going through this difficult time and I am sure some of our users will be along to offer their support soon. 

In the meantime please do call our helplineon 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about your mum stopping tamoxifen/anastrozole and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy