Syringe driver

Hi, I am on day 10 after my first fec. I ended up in hospital for 4 days the day after my chemo, unable to eat or drink, so needed Iv fluids and sickness meds Iv. I have a huge sickness phobia and got into such a state,mi swore I wasn’t going back for any further chemo. Anyway first day really of feeling halfway human again, although appetite still very low, but trying little and often.

Options for my next poison have been to reduce the dose of chemo, and have my sickness meds via syringe driver. I’ve also to be referred to psychologist and I went to a hypnotherapist yesterday and I’m hopeful that’ll help me.

I’m just wondering if anyone had their chemo reduced and if this made a difference, and also has anyone had syringe driver for their sickness meds, and did this make a difference?

Many thanks xxxxx

Hi Murphy1963

Sorry you haven’t had any replies to your questions as yet but hopefully someone will see your post now.  Could I suggest that you post again in the Undergoing treatment - Chemotherapy thread as I think you will get more response from that area of the forums.  The chemotherapy threads are full of useful information that others have posted.

If you need to talk to someone in confidence, please don’t hesitate to call our helpline, the staff are here to support you through this.  Calls are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator