TCY chemo

Hi Folks should be having TCY chemo starting 31st. Has anybody had this one . I know everyone is different but any info would be good. Not sure yet whether 4 or 6 cycles 3 weeks apart depends on snb on Tuesday

Wendy x x

Dear Wendy

While you are waiting for some replies from forum members who have had this particular treatment, I have attached a link which you may find useful about getting through chemotherapy:

breastcancercare.org.uk/community/forums/top-tips-help-get-you-through-chemotherapy

I hope this helps.

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

bump xx

Surely I am not alone on this one !

Hi Wendy,

Hopefully someone will be along soon to offer support. You could also try the Breast Cancer Care One to One Support Service to see if they can put you in touch with a volunteer who has experienced this type of chemotherapy. Here is a link to information about the service just in case it you haven’t come across it on the main BCC website:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/one-one-support

With best wishes,

Anna, BCC Facilitator

Hi Wendy, sorry you haven’t had any replies. I’ve never heard of a breast cancer chemo drug beginning with Y. I had AC-T - which is Adriamycin, Cyclophosphamide and Taxol, so maybe the T and C bits are the same as that. Are you sure the Y bit is correct? X

Hi Wendy,
I saw yourr post and like Sandytoes have never heard of that letter combination. I had FEC-T (sometime called FEC-D depending on which name they use for the T/D part, Taxotere or Docetaxol). There certainly is a regime called TC - Taxotere and Cyclophosamide, sometimes used in conjunction with herceptin for people who are HER2+. I wonder is maybe your regime is TC?

You could perhaps give your unit or breast nurse a quick ring to ask them to clarify exactly which drugs are involved.

Having hand both the T and the C as part of my chemo, they are very doable, and for most poeple the side effects readily managed. Hope all goes well for you and you find some ‘buddies’ soon.

Thanks Rev Cat. The info sheet says TC but appointment card said TCY and oncologist def said TCY will ask Friday which is results day and measuring for cold cap. Have had AC before so think they have to careful what they give me.

I am negative for hormones so far but no had surgery so not sure on the HER2 + and herceptin.

So anybody that has TC your comments would really help me.

Wendy x x

Hi Wendy,

If you want to know before your appointment day if you give the helpline here a ring they may be able to explain this for you. Calls are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Monday morning at 9am.

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Hi, I had 5 sessions of TC after one session of FEC which I reacted badly to.

TC is Taxatore and Cyclophosphomide. It’s a newer regime than FEC and is commonly used in USA, Canada and NZ.

TC didn’t make me sick like FEC did.
There are lots of reported side effects, all of which are doable, just not nice when they happen simultaneously…
I thinks best not to pre-empt what others have experienced as we are all SO different. in fact, each of my 5 treatments of TC were very different in terms of how I reacted.
i finished my treatment on 28th Nov and am starting to forget already:-)

My onc promised me it is effective, even though its nt common as yet in the UK and I promise you it is doable.
Good luck, and let us know how you get on
Luvvie xx

Just thought, there is another regime being used for triple negative which is Taxatore (docetaxel) and Carboplatin (spelling?). I ththink they usually refer to this as DC But I have seen people call it TC so itis really confusing.

I wonder if your onc is referring to TC as TCy, (ie Cyclophosphomide) to differentiate?
X

Just a thought is the Taxatore in TC the dreaded Tax that everybody mentions on here ?

Thanks for all your help once again everybody

Wendy

Hi Wendy, yes Taxotere (also called Docetaxol) is indeed the Tax of which people write.

Whilst some people have a horrid time on it, others do not. I was one of those infuriating *expletive deleted* people who had very few nasty side effects and worked all through chemo. What we all need to remind ourselves, is that people generally don’t post to say “oh, this is actually not so bad” they post when they are finding it hard, and/or want to check out if their experience is ‘normal’. For me, apart from aches and pains in my bones (which were due to the nulasta jabs to boost eutrophil production) Tax was absolutely fine. Hopefully you will be one of the ‘luckier’ ones too.

Thanks Rev Cat Thought it was and as you say everybody is different I know that and remember from 14 years ago every dose can diferentnso here’s hoping.

THanks once again

Wendy

HAS ANYONE HAD fec-t .i started in novenber and its been awul. 1st fec i ended up in hospital, had 2nd , im now onday10 and im feeling more human apartb from constipationand agonizingb piles.