THE SUN AFTER TREATMENT

OK i need a holiday after chemo and radiotherapy and been told not to go until a couple weeks after treatement which is OK but now been told i cant even go in the sun! i want a holiday and to sunbathe but told i have to cover up and not just after radiotherapy but in the future for any sun is not good as skin is sensitive after chemo and radiotherapy!!
comments please!!!

Hi Billa, unfortunately this is the case for at least as I’ve been told a year after treatment has finished…

It’s difficult enough for me because I live in Spain…

But you can go on holiday, enjoy life, just no tan, factor 50…

Sorry, but as far as i know that’s it…

Hope this helps love Teresa xxx

You do have to be much more careful after treatment as your skin is far more sensitive. I went away 3 months after chemo, mx and rads and used very high factor cream and was ‘sensible’. Was fine but it wasn’t anything I wasn’t doing before dx. That was a couple of years ago and I’ve been fortunate to go back to Mallorca several times since then (no sun at home!!) and still use SPF30 or 50, especially around my scar/rads area.We do however go April/May/Oct time rather than high summer as that would be far too hot for me. I have bone secondaries by the way.

My medical folk said a holiday was fine as long as I was sensible, used high spf and covered up as & when necessary.

I do hope you get away before too long - the sun always gives me a real boost and I come back feeling great.

Liz