Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THICKENED ENDOMETRIUM

2 REPLIES 2
Lizzy_BCC

Re: THICKENED ENDOMETRIUM

Hi sunnyday, 

I am sorry you are going through this anxious time and I am sure some of our users will be along soon to give you some advice and support.

In the meantime please do call our helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about the tests and offer you a friendly ear.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant 

sunnyday

Re: THICKENED ENDOMETRIUM

Just following up on my original post - if anyone could give me any tips as to how to get through any of these degrading and humiliating tests I would be most grateful.  In case you haven't gathered I have a very real phobia about this - imagine if you are scared of heights and you are asked to sit on a window ledge on the 50th floor of a building!  That's kind of how I feel about this.  I really want to reduce the levels of oestrogen in my blood though and am keen for a hysterectomy (or is it salpingo oopherectomy? - everything out), so I need to go through with this to hopefully get the end result I want.  I have an appointment for Monday morning (a bit soon and worryingly so - it is good that they act quickly but just serves to worry people even more).  I have had a bad day today and am getting really worried now, and starting to fear the worst.  Help x  

sunnyday

THICKENED ENDOMETRIUM

I recently had a blood test to see if I was menopausal as I am 52 and I haven't had a period for 2 years.  It revealed that I had an unexpectedly high level of oestrogen - this is something that concerns me greatly.  I was sent for an ultrasound scan and this showed thickened endometrlium (not really a surprise as I had taken Tamoxifen for about 5 3/4 years and this seems to be quite common with this drug).  I am being referred for further tests to see if this is endometrial hyperplasia or worse!  I am getting myself in a state, not so much over whether I have endometrial cancer but with regards the tests.  I am a very private person and I have never even had a smear test.  I have always thought that I would rather die than go through the humiliation and indignity of these types of examinations, and I have asked if I could be put out for them, otherwise I don't think I can go through with it.  I have a son of 16 and the only way I coped when giving birth was to use so much gas and air that I felt out of it!  I really want to improve my chances of survival by reducing the level of oestrogen, and am very keen to have a hysterectomy (I would like everything removed) but this won't be considered unless I go for these tests.  I really wish I had been stronger and hadn't allowed myself to be talked into taking Tamoxifen, which I consider to be a highly carcinogenic substance - especially as I try to lead a healthy lifestyle.  I don't suppose anyone can really help me but it helps to put my concerns down in writing.  Thanks for reading, Sunnyday x