TN at 62

Have been told i have TN and given a plan of FEC and Taxol. This will be every week for 9 weeks just thinking that i wont get a rest period like on some of the other regims. Then i will have 5 weeks rad.

Felt so high when told the surgeon had got all the cancer from my breast and none in the nodes but then came down with a bump to be told the treatment. So sure others have been through the same. Need help to keep positive.

Hi shoes220

You might find it helpful to join one of the chemotherapy monthly threads where you’ll be able to share experiences with others going through chemo at the same time.  I’ve attached a link to the July group:

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/Anyone-due-to-start-their-chemo-July-2014/td-p/854765

I hope you will find some information and support there.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

yikes every week? are you sure?

I was daignosed with tn age 59 (will be 60 on wednesday!) and havie had epi-cmf chemo over last 5 months every 3 or 4 weeks and radiotherapy over last month. 

Wishing you all the best and don’t google like i did, most stuff is out of date or just not worth reading and stick to reputable sites like this and macmillan

Sue xx

Hi there I would think the fec would be every 3 weeks then taxol weekly have heard that being done but fec every week is a bit harsh unless it is reduced dose? Good luck with it you will be fine I am sure xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Shoes220

What is going on with your treatment? I’m also TN recently diagnosed and having EC accelerated Taxol to start tomorrow. I have nodes involved and a 31mm lump. I’m told chemo, removal and rads is the best plan for me. I’m 55 so like you are not young in terms of being TN.

It’s all so scary isn’t it? I’m struggling and not sure I can cope. Are you fit and we’ll and how has the programme been for you?

Pam x