TN, calcification lump near WLE area still tender

I had WLE July 2012, chemo completed in Jan 2013 and Rads completed in March 2013. I noticed a lump next to the scar tissue in May 2013 and the Breast Cancer Centre immediately checked it out with a mammogram and US.
3 Radiotherapists agreed it was just calcification build up around the scar tissue so no biopsy was taken.
Since then, I’ve tried to move forward and I AM getting stronger and feeling better BUT… the lump seemed to be a bit bigger now than it was in May so I’ve contacted the BC nurse again, and they are seeing me later this month to check it again. I still have pain in that area and the lymphs keep getting tender. I also have rib pain and aches around my back.

I thought I was okay about all this and was just being sensible at getting it checked for peace of mind, but it seems to be on my mind a lot now.
     I know my body has been soaked in treatments so it should be unlikely that the cancer survived in that area to grow again in so few months but I also know my cancer was very fast at multiplying.
I also realise it might be an infection or a cyst causing the pain and nothing sinister at all.

Has anyone else had an area of calcification that continued to enlarge or firm up and remain tender?
I have two weeks before I get seen at the centre and I expect there will be a further wait for results if they do a biopsy,  and waiting and worrying is the worst part.

June22

I think you could probably insist they do a biopsy for your own peace of mind this time… Pain isnt generally associated with cancer so that in itself isnt a very good predictor and many many women have pain after treatment from scar tissue and adhesions, surgical damage or radiotherapy damage but still best to get it all checked out so it sounds like your doing the right thing.

And although its rare to have a recurrence so soon after treatment its not impossible… I had a recurrence but it happened two years later and was behind an area they had previously biopsied for fat necrosis but felt like it was growing… But had thought it was just the fat necrosis growing, but thats rare a year after treatment so i wasnt overly surprised when they said it was cancer again.

Hope your isnt… Good luck x