1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TNBC-10 days since diagnosis-terrified

6 REPLIES 6

Re: TNBC-10 days since diagnosis-terrified

Hi Jules 50 - I was diagnosed in October 2016 and know the first few weeks are pretty tough, but you do slowly get better information and it's helpful once your treatment plan as that gives you something positive to focus on. Don't beat yourself up - there are good and bad days for all of us, and hope your next appointments go well.

Hi jules mine is the same chemo first once every 2 weeks , 8 sessions been told the dosages are smaller due to them being so close together and i will get an injection at chemo which raises the white cells a little but not totally .im trying to look at it as despite being a tad scared it has to be done and there no getting away from it unfortunately xx lol im sounding brave today , had customers today tiptoeing around me not knowing what to say .so i said it first ..a good male friend of mine made my day when he playfuly punched me on the arm and said dont think im going to treat you different cause im not ..😀 def what i needed to hear tbh xx

Hi jules I was diagnosed in 2014 I was like you and thought tnbc was the worst thing ever and I was very weepy I had mastectomy and chemo and you do feel a bit unsupported at first but when you read forums you realise it's the same for everyone whatever bc they have . I also realised every treatment had its downfall eg a lot of people wHo take hormones have side effects . Nothing guarantees non recurrence so I try to put it out of my mind now and appreciate the time I have . Do join the forum for the month you start chemo for support or you can ask us who have gone through it hope all goes well DEN

Hi Maria thanks for your reply I see my consultant on Wednesday I've been for an MR I today and oncologist on Monday so I'm hoping I will know their plan of action for me, all I've been told at the moment is ill have chemo then surgery xx

Hi jules , i only found out yesterday it ws triple neg .prior to this i was praying it wasn't cause of what i have read .after speaking to both consultants yesturday i feel more postive with the view that this type responds brill to chemo .think its more fearful cause of the lack of continuous medication once treatment has finished compared to other types of breast cancer .But ive decided I'll deal with that once i get through the next 6 months i have no intention of letting this beat me if i can help it, i have my boy to think of and he is going to be the kick in the that i need .Their is another lovely group on fb called triple negative warriors uk .x

Hi Jules, we are all guilty here of ignoring the advice not to Google! We scare ourselves witless then wonder why we do it !! The info you will be seeing is often out dated and too generalised to be overly accurate,this forum is full of real women with a wealth of experience who will be able to help and reassure you Xx

TNBC-10 days since diagnosis-terrified

Hi its only 10 days since I received my diagnosis, I am a 50 year old woman who should know better, despite advice from my lovely breast cancer nurse who said stick to Breast cancer care  and Macmillan sites for advice/support/information I didn't!!!! and subsequently  feel anxious, fearful and out of my mind with worry, this isn't helped by the fact today my lovely husband and daughter are working and my son is at school so I've far to much time on my hands.