72.1K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TNBC BRCA1+ Grade IIIC with Lymph Node involvement - Any long term survivors out there?

2 REPLIES 2
jinny2611

Re: TNBC BRCA1+ Grade IIIC with Lymph Node involvement - Any long term survivors out there?

Hi just to let you know there's a thread for triple negative which you may find more helpful in waiting for a reply. Just because your nodes were still positve it dosent mean it hasn't worked I had a friend who after cheno still had 12 positve and she still here doing ok I'm also triple negative but had surgery first and positve nodes so I don't know if it worked only time will tell please go on triple neg thread im sure someone will be able to answer your question xx

June_BCC

Re: TNBC BRCA1+ Grade IIIC with Lymph Node involvement - Any long term survivors out there?

Hello Tech-teach

Welcome to the forums. 

I’m sorry to hear of your diagnosis, I'm sure some of our experienced users will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Tech-teach

TNBC BRCA1+ Grade IIIC with Lymph Node involvement - Any long term survivors out there?

Hi Ladies... A little about me first I guess...I was diagnosed with TNBC in November 2014 although I kept going to my GP with a small lump - by the time they took me seriously and I waited for a referral my tumour was 90mm wide!  They expected secondary cancer to be present but thank god it was not and scans came back clear - so I started chemotherapy almost immediately 3x FEC 3xT followed by a double mastectomy and node clearance and am now having radiotherapy (currently on no 6 of 15) on the chest arm pit and neck. 

At first I was told chemotherapy was working as the tumour had shrunk and lymph nodes reduced (that was after the 3xFEC) but now I'm being told chemo did not work as 12 out of the 15 lymph nodes removed during clearance were still cancerous - even though everything I read says TNBC responds well to chemo.  To top it all off even though there was no breast cancer in the family I have tested positive to BRCA1.  I've now been told that a scan would be advisable as chemo did not work effectively it may have spread during treatment so naturally I'm very anxious about the results.

I was hoping to find some ladies that have had a similar diagnosis and have beaten the odds as I'm struggling right now... with such a large tumour and so many lymph nodes I know I have a fight ahead but would really feel motivated if I could find some survivors!!!

Good luck all xxx