cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TNBC and cancer in glands in lungs

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: TNBC and cancer in glands in lungs

Hi Hans58 and Tracey1964. I was diagnosed with TN recurrence in September 2016. Primary diagnosis was in 2012. I have recurrence in chest, possibly lungs, bones, liver and now brain. I had 16 paclitaxol which shrunk the chest/lung mets but did have spread to liver and brain during this time. Now on capecitibine. Was about to go on a trial for tnbc but brain meys meant I wasn't eligible. I'm doing well and still working. Have not asked for timescales yet. Just taking things one day st s time. Good luck with your treatments. Xx

Highlighted

Hi Han, just wanted to say hello and welcome. i too am TN recrrence in skin, plera and bone. I have gone through virtually every treatmnt there is and am now on trials but it sounds that you have already found a good treatment. there are loads out there so try not to despair. I too worry about the life expectancy thing but having recently found that my cancer is genetic i am far more concerned about my daughter. Keep posting and ask anything you like, there will always be someone with an answer or just a friendly 'hug'. xx

Highlighted

Thanks for welcome ff. Being tn is scary but well aware of new trials going on all the time especially for tn Doing really well on paclitaxel . Not lost hair yet! Hope to here from other th ladies in similar position. Do you know if there is a thread (if that's the right word) for this now. I m sure there was when I was first diagnosed.hope all well for you & others in this friendly club.x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Welcome Han! I'm not TN but wanted to welcome you!  Try to ignore those life expectancy time lines! Many people live longer! FF

Highlighted

Hello Tracy and all others. This is my first time on here. My story so far is I was diagnosed with t n b c in Sept 15 had 4 fec then 4 d chemo lump removed radiotherapy that finished in August 16. Found lumps in neck in January. Scans showed tumors in lymph nodes under arm breast bone neck above collar bone and front and back of neck and a few tiny spots in right lung. Was so shocked when they told me I would have chemo but it would be palliative care. Life expectancy was the biggest shock.was told all this at the beginning of March. Have started chemo paclitaxol plan is to have it weekly for 12 weeks will find out if it's working after 6 wee ks. Would like to here what the plan is for you. Would love to here from any one else with tnbc recurrence ( that's what oncologist said mine is) . Or any one else.I've been reading this forum since being dn and decided to join in.
Highlighted

Hello Tracy
Welcome to the forum where u will get a lot of kindness and support from real people .
Sorry you have had such shocking results but once you start chemo etc you will be able to focus on the new way of life !!
There are lots of different threads here which all offer lots of information and we also have a private forum you can join which has a book club, games and gardening club etc etc.
Keep in touch
Xxx
Highlighted

TNBC and cancer in glands in lungs

Hi had appointmen with oncologist today for my treatment plan of chemotherapy, however chest x Ray shows glands in lungs affected and I have infammation in other parts of body. I only found my lump in breast in Jan and thought hospital were excellent in treatment and timescales. I have been suffering with stiffness in knees and ankles a couple of months and shortness of breath last couple of weeks but this was put down t rheumatoid arthritis, but all tests came back negative. Had lumpectomy 23rd Feb and was told all clear margins and no cancer in lymph nodes but was TNBC. It appears the cancer has spread to lungs, devasted as thought chemo and radiotherapy would sort me out, now it appears treatment will only try and reduce spread.