TNBC

Is TNBC really as bad as I’ve just been reading on other forums?
Please help x

Annie,
I dont have a TN diagnosis, but from what I’ve seen here, treatment is effective & getting better all the time. Those of is who are hormone positive, have that as an option as well, but there can also be issues with hormone treatment which TN does not have.
There is no reason not to be positive & maybe best to stay away from those forums! There can be a lot of out of daye info out there & understandably, those with problems will report it
take care
ann x

Hi AnnieA,

I am triple negative and have had a mx. I didn’t have any cancer in my lymph nodes or in my vascular system, so currently I am cancer free.

I am having 6 x FEC (3 of which I have completed, the 4th is next week). Then I will have radiotherapy - all of this is preventative treatment as I will not be having any of the hormone drugs afterwards. This can be a plus, as there can be quite a few side effects whilst taking the hormone drugs which I will not have to contend with. My lump was 4.7cm and grade 3 (most TN are) - which I have been told responds very well to chemo.

My Onc said that although there can be a high reocurrence in the first 5 years, after that it is rare that it returns.

I don’t worry that it is TN, who knows what the future holds, right now I am concentrating on getting through treatment, although luckily I am still able to continue working which helps me cope with all that is happening.

Susan x

Susan it really lifted my spirits reading your post thank you xx

Hi Annie,

I’m also TN, diagnosed July 2013, had mx, axillary clearance as cancer found in sentinel node, thankfully nodes from axillar (armpit) were clear. I did 6 cycles of Fec-t, no rads.

TN has a bad rep as it is aggressive.
As you may (or may not) be aware chemo works on fast dividing cells, therefore it is very effective on TN cancer, which is why the majority of those with TN are offered chemo.

I was also told chances of recurrence in the early years are slightly higher for TN however in later years the chance of recurrence lessens to a lower rate of other types.

I’ve even heard some say that after 8 years clear, the word cured is sometimes mentioned ?.