TO FAMILY FRIENDS AND PARTNERS

TO FAMILY FRIENDS AND PARTNERS

TO FAMILY FRIENDS AND PARTNERS Good morning to everyone,

I would just like to thank the above (not the partner…he dumped me after DX) but my family and friends who have and still are hanging on in there with my ups and downs, tears and joy roller coaster ride I appear to be going through. I know I have had horrible negative thoughts sometimes and could be quite nasty at times. Just wanted to give everyone who is supporting a loved one a great big hug and thanks for being there for us all…we could not have got where we are maybe it happy or still sad and down and still quite ill without all the support you have given us.

Also thanks to everyone on this site, who understands what everyone else is going through and offers there support in cyberland.

Onwards and upwards eh!!!

Hope every ones weekend is a good one, even through the weather is not.

Love Elainexxx

WHAT WOULD WE HAVE DONE WITHOUT THEM?? Hi Elaine
I think you have just said what many of us feel.

I don’t know what I would have done without my husband, mum, sister and sister in law, and not forgetting my 2 beautiful kids.

They have grown up soooooooo much in the past 6 months, to have to cope with their mum being ill, I have nothing but admiration for them.
At 10 and 7 they shouldn’t have to deal with this, but none the less, have done so fantastically. (I have never had so many hugs and kisses…not that I am complaining).

Lets not forget about the ones that HAVEN’T been there though, I don’t know about you, but I have had many suprises on the way with friends and family not even being in touch.

I have a bottle of champers chilling of which I intend to crack open after my last chemo (26th of June) when my taste buds are back to normal, and I intend to share it with my loved ones.

Can’t wait

Take care

Ang
x

Know what you mean Hi,

Yes there are a few relatives and friends that have kept away. My brother does not speak to me (why I do not know) my best friend and I had a little falling out in April and we are both too stubborn to make the first move. Ex hubby dumped me because he could not cope with the cancer…how the hell did he think I could.

But on this site I have met and made some wonderful friends on my journey to recover, they have been here to help me through the ups and downs…

Have a good weekend

Elaine

Yes Elaine, sames as you. Even my OH who is currently causing me major probs, was so brill when I was diagnosed that it’s good to be reminded he isn’t a complete ba****d!

My kids, gran kids, friends and siblings have also been wonderful but without this site I would have gone ga ga this last few wks.

Good luck to you and all.

Love Irene

To my mum and dad who have been there for me unconditionally since my diagnosis 10 months ago.

To the lady across the road who I’d never met but who left a bunch of flowers and a card on my doorstep offering to help out with anything I needed.

To Leanne and Arlene who, as distant friends, had no obligation to me yet stepped up to the challenge.

To the ladies (and gents) on this board.

You are angels, every one of you. You don’t know how much your selflessness has has helped.

To those who learned of my diagnosis but never bothered to call.

To the HR girl in my work who couldn’t be bothered sorting out my financial issues because she was too busy getting her nails done.

To the DWP doctors who make us work to prove our incapacity, the people that laugh at our bald heads, and those just too caught up with their own lives to spare a thought for what we’re going through.

I hope nothing like this ever happens to you. Your karma banks are close to empty!

Well done you Good Morning

Well done you for airing your thoughts with us. Thats what makes this site so wonderful. You can say what you are feeling and someone on this site will be listening and offering you support.

Hang on in there girl, we are all right behind you.

Have a good day

Elaine

Oh lolag, your post brought tears to my eyes it was so poinant. We do see people in a different light while and after taking this journey.

I too have distant friends who have returned into my life and have been wonderfully supportive. They have arranged a wk ends sailing trip for me through friends of theirs, how good is that!

Love goes out to you all

Irene

GREAT NEWS Hi Irene

Thats fantastic news, you will get your sailing trip, I am really pleased for you. What on earth will you OH do while you are away…
Have a great time

Elaine

Hi Elaine

He is coming too as they are friends of ours not just mine and he is actaully much more fun to be around when we are with other people (what does that say about how he feels about me?), so I don’t mind this time.

I have applied for a day trip with a charity as a taster but really wanted to do a 5 day course as this would be more of a break for me as well as a learning experience. The course costs upwards of £420. I do have this put in savings but am worried if I spend it what will I do if OH still isnt working. We have used up all but this of our savings just to get by.

I want to be selfish and do this but what if? He has applied for quite a few jobs now and has had interviews which is an improvement, at least he is trying now, but he never gets offered the jobs even though on 2 occasions he was sure from their comments that he had done. I do feel sorry for him when this happens. Some people just don’t know how to interview fairly and effectively.

So I suppose I need to do the lottery this wk!

Night night

Irene

QUALITY TIME Wow you were an early bird this morning, had you been to bed and got up or not even made it yet.

That’s good OH is coming with you maybe you could get some quality time together,

Know the feeling about jobs, I was off work for 12 months, applied for loads of jobs, thought I had done alright then the letter arrives saying you have not got the job…so I do know how your OH feels. In the end it got to the point where I could not be bothered. But unfortunately the debts piled up so I had to keep applying. Now got a good job, all though its full time and I get home quite knackered, its got to be done to pay the bills (live alone…ah!!!) but yes go for the lottery think I will join you. If we win lets by a boat ourselves, hire a hunky crew and sail off into the sunset…what do think?

Speak soon

Elaine

Id like to thank all of you lovely people on this site, i dont think ill ever meet any of you, but i wish there was a better way to say thanks more than words can.

You have all helped me so so much the last week with listening to what my partner is going through im sure when she is a little better i will show her all the kind thoughts and messages you have left for us and she will be so over joyed!

I have decided to take part in a triathlon in september to raise money for breast cancer care.

all my love to you all
Little1

Well done you Thats great news about you raising money.Its great on this site its got me over a few dark days knowing someone is there 4 you

Take Care

Lolag Your post says it all…wonderfully written.

karen x