1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRAM reconstruction- what was it like?

4 REPLIES 4
chillipink

Re: TRAM reconstruction- what was it like?

Hi lily .yes tram isn't as popular as diep .tram removes muscle as well as fat so your abdomen would be affected more I,e,muscle strength.I am having a diep next week.I reasearched loads and loads I've sent you a private message with my contact number on too many things to write your welcome to contact me ,I was in same dilemma as you until I decided amanda
lilymole

Thank you kitten_mad
I have managed to get lots of info re DIEP from the threads and I feel very positive about the procedure- seeing plastic surgeon at Frenchay on Friday. My local hospital in Bath does only gives TRAM as option and it seems to me this is not so popular nowadays. Obviously would be easier to go to local hospital but I am getting impression that outcomes from TRAM are not so great. So whilst DIEP might be a more major op it might well be worth the aggro of choosing a hospital further afield. Trying to think about the more distant future rather thank the immediate.
Lilymole
kitten_mad

there is a similar post on page 2 of surgery forum - has 19 replies so hopefully some of them may be of some help to you. Also the Macmillan page has links to each kind of surgery and the pros and cons of each . Hope this helps

K M x

Janet_BCC

Hi Lilymole

I'm sorry no one has replied to your post yet.  I hope someone will see it soon and come along to help.  Meanwhile I found an old thread,( but someone did contribute to it this month).  I hope you might find some information there which helpls.  Here's the link:

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Surgery/Tram-Flap-reconstruction-information-please/m-p/7067...

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

lilymole

TRAM reconstruction- what was it like?

Hi
Rather disappointed nobody replied to my other thread.
Have been reading heaps about DIEP but very little about TRAM. I wonder why. Has anybody gone through a TRAM reconstruction? I should love to know of your experiences and results. Please. Have to make decision soon and really torn.
Lilymole